• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

When do you guys think we'll get a new trailer?
I think the best indication we've got of anything coming is the youtube channel has been doing its "visit this region" series with a video each week, and I believe the week after they post Galar would be on the 29th. So I think most likely we'll finally get introduced to the SV region at the end of the month.

As usual, I've shut myself off from all leakers. TPC is the one and only source I will take. Anyone else is just too darn dubious and sometimes seem like they do all this for the attention, even if they turn out to be right.

As usual, I've shut myself off from all leakers. TPC is the one and only source I will take. Anyone else is just too darn dubious and sometimes seem like they do all this for the attention, even if they turn out to be right.
XD Then why did you wander into this thread?

The past few pages of this thread has been JUST like Digimon Frontier with their “human vs beast” war storyline. lol

Anyway yeah I imagine we’ll get more news this month. The latest trailer was very light compared to what we usually get in June, so I’m thinking they’ll have something in a Nintendo Direct (if that’s happening for June?) or at the end of the month.

Maybe they’re going for a “more often but less per video” strategy this time.

The past few pages of this thread has been JUST like Digimon Frontier with their “human vs beast” war storyline. lol

Anyway yeah I imagine we’ll get more news this month. The latest trailer was very light compared to what we usually get in June, so I’m thinking they’ll have something in a Nintendo Direct (if that’s happening for June?) or at the end of the month.

Maybe they’re going for a “more often but less per video” strategy this time.
Better be more often if they're going to do less. XP

Thinking maybe this second trailer was actually a false start to the news cycle, especially as conspicuously so far it seems to have more in common with SuMo's cycle than it does with SwSh:
  • First trailer, practically nothing.
  • Second trailer, a shortie.
  • Next in line looks like it'll cover introducing the region finally.
SV had the starters in the first trailer, and is running nearly a month late by comparison, but it's still looking pretty similar to SuMo. Z-moves also weren't announced until August- Khu said he won't start teasing SV's Mega replacement until August/September. We might have to look to Gen 7 for news parallels to get an idea of what to expect roughly when.

I'm gonna be real I hate hate hate this advertising style. We know nothing about these games. Like we're pretty much halfway in the wait and we only know the starters, legendaries and like 3 mon. Don't even know the name of the region!!!! this isn't like gen 8 where we had that affleck leak that was correct so we were just WAITING for things. They need to drop more stuff, interest in these games is falling fast for me!!!

I am an equal opportunity mon fan. Beast or Humanoid, s'all good.

So long as we don't start getting 1000 robot humanoids/knights Pokemon shall not hear my digimon-based complaints.

"weregarurumon: I wanna digivolve."

Not unless you've got a new form that isn't robot or knight-like you don't, mister. And I just checked. Unless you wanna become a man in a wolf suit you shush.

I’ve said this before but it baffles me that we’re two trailers in and we still don’t know what the goal of the game is. I always adhere to Stan Lee’s philosophy of “assume everyone who checks out the trailer hasn’t played a game from the franchise” so these trailers are poor marketing in that aspect as there’s no hook beyond catching cute monsters which I’m sure other Poke-Clone games can do as well.

They're poor marketing for someone who HAS played the games (me).

I don't fracking care about multiplayer. Show me the region, characters, pokemon, plot. Character customization options and side activities. Stuff like that to actually get excited about. Practically every game has multiplayer anymore tell me about that shit later on. :| I don't have no have I EVER had friends to play with. All you're doing is rubbing salt in the wound, assholes. I'm only hype because unless they manage to fail on a universal scale, I'm going to enjoy the game.

Multiplayer is NOT a replacement for side activities. If anything, it's something that makes lacking side activities even more obvious. RUN IN CIRCLE WITH OTHER CHARACTERS WHEE

Lynel Pokemon!
That sounds terrifying. Imagine just walking along, and you see a Pokémon version of this:
1654948867508.png

Minus the weapons, of course.

Is it, when the pokemon you have to box is your starter and the early pokemon you encounter won't nearly match up? If you don't want to waste your time on something that you know you don't want to evolve, having to rush to get another viable option when the early game doesn't provide them is kind of crippling. And it sours the game experience.

All I ask is that they not make every single starter option evolve into a person. At least one monster per generation. Not that they do away with them completely, just make sure that there is at least one option for anyone who doesn't want to start their game off with a destined anthro slave.
The base starters are still that though. Even if sprigatito is incineroar 2.0 it's base form is still a normal cat.

There's also the option to not evolve your starter at all if you like the base form but hate the evolution, I did it for chespin. Slapped an evolite on him and called it a day.

The base starters are still that though. Even if sprigatito is incineroar 2.0 it's base form is still a normal cat.

There's also the option to not evolve your starter at all if you like the base form but hate the evolution, I did it for chespin. Slapped an evolite on him and called it a day.
I am so sick of playing with a first stage starter, I've been doing it since Gen 4. (Granted, I've skipped three generations since, but of those three I haven't played, I would have definitely boxed one and not evolved two.)

Again, not saying that they should drop the humanoid starters entirely. Just that they should try to appeal to more people, and the way to do that would be to not use the exact same design motif (animal + career) on every damn starter generation after generation. Starters won't be universally appealing. But the least they can do is not constantly alienate the portion of the fanbase that clearly is not appealed by the animal people designs.

Last edited:
I am so sick of playing with a first stage starter, I've been doing it since Gen 4. (Granted, I've skipped three generations since, but of those three I haven't played, I would have definitely boxed one and not evolved two.)

Again, not saying that they should drop the humanoid starters entirely. Just that they should try to appeal to more people, and the way to do that would be to not use the exact same design motif (animal + career) on every damn starter generation after generation. Starters won't be universally appealing. But the least they can do is not constantly alienate the portion of the fanbase that clearly is not appealed by the animal people designs.
What was wrong with Serperior? (other than the fact that its moveset was awful)

What was wrong with Serperior? (other than the fact that its moveset was awful)
Snob snake, and it's actually still wearing clothes. But I honestly just despised Gen 5 in its entirety because the starters were ugly and the region was restricted to only majority-ugly new pokemon. I've softened on them since, and actually like a few, but I still wouldn't play a Unova remake because ew.

Back
Top Bottom