• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

XD Making me feel older because I haven't been in high school since before Black and White came out.
Haha I remember the diamond pearl release season and finding the japanese names before my friend, telling him about happiny (pinpuku) because he loved chansey. Don't remember much about bw's season

Haha I remember the diamond pearl release season and finding the japanese names before my friend, telling him about happiny (pinpuku) because he loved chansey. Don't remember much about bw's season
I didn't follow leaks before Gen 6. XD Closest was my mom found some stuff I think before Gen 2 released. She printed out pictures of Bellossom, Snubbull, Marill (Pikablu) and Donphan and some others.

My interest in pokemon actually dipped the most around Gen 3 and Gen 4, and I don't remember if I even knew about Gen 5 until 2011 when I got back into the series again and was angry knowing that Unova even existed.

It's a very long shot but I what if the reason why they haven't revealed the Region's name yet is because maybe it has a different name depending on what which version you play?

I mean it's unlikely but this is also the very first time we've had Version exclusive Professors so anything's possible I guess

This sounds like a mildly interesting story
Not terribly- I just generally hated Gen 5's pokemon designs and the fact that they basically forced you to use them by not having older pokemon in the region. I've warmed up to some of them since, but Unova is still on my shitlist for being like that.

I WAS ALSO ANGRY because I was disappointed in diamond lol. So glad that I bought it anyway though
I never finished Diamond... don't think I finished Sapphire either. After playing through the entirety of Gold, the whole classic Pokemon gameplay was just really boring and repetitive, and so with Black and White being "you must use these ugly new pokemon," I just noped out on that generation entirely. Screw that.

Diamond at least had the Underground so I kept going back to it to dig up skull fossils and never progressed. XD

Gen 6 kind of piqued my interest again with the 3D, and I was back into Pokemon at least via art and online roleplay at that point anyway, but I decided to wait because I expected Pokemon Z to happen and then it never did. So wound up skipping that generation.

And then Gen 7 came out and it had so many new pokemon that I loved the designs of, so I finally got a 3DS and picked up a Pokemon game aaaaand... yeah, turns out 3D didn't make the gameplay any different, really. Still the same slow turn-based drag through trying to avoid grass because I'm sick of randomly being stopped every two seconds.

I am so glad that random encounters have been going away.

Now if every game from now on could just be more like Legends: Arceus. Easily the best game in the series in terms of general gameplay- definitely had room for improvement but the engagement was so good.

I remember in high school getting so excited at the first XY trailer
God I remember having just gotten back into pokemon with black 2 in freshman year, only for x and y to get announced a week or two later. I was so hyped, I even got my first job at Mc Donald's to pay for a 3ds. Made getting hoopa real easy to lmao.

Gen 4 was when I lost interest because it felt like not much improved since Gen 3 and I disliked most of the designs and felt the series getting stale. Then Gen 5 was a hard reboot and it was exactly what I needed to get back in. And then when Gen 6 was 3D, it all felt so new AGAIN that they solidified me being a player for life just because of how long it’s been in my life. Haha

Anyway, interesting to see the similarity to the SM reveal cycle, except that THAT started May 10 2016 while this one started almost a month later. I guess that’s why it feels like we’re behind.

The multiple rumors of a June 29 Direct (independent of anything Pokémon) mixed with that being the day a “Gen 9 region video” would happen in the pattern does feel very suspicious.

I pretty much had a similar journey. I was kind of fading out of the franchise after Gen 3 as while I loved it, many of my friends had moved on and the ones that stuck around didn't exactly give glowing reviews for DP, so I took a hiatus for a couple years. Then HGSS was announced so I picked up both it and Platinum, and while I was considering taking another break with BW what I heard about it made me pick it up and I was hooked again. I've been with the franchise since and while I've skipped a couple games here and there, the reason I'm still here now is because of BW (and HGSS and Platinum to a lesser extent).

In my opinion there's nothing special about the region's name. Usually they reveal the name of the region alongside the region map. I'm quite sure it's the map they really don't want to reveal. It's understandable they don't want to reveal just a name without linking it to an actual look at the region.

It could def happen, but what if like, Nemona was the real professor?
Am I the only one who gets "all the characters revealed until now, including your friends, are actually Ultra Beasts disguised as humans that you'll have to catch" vibes from this ''theory''? I mean, "Girl who is around your character's age, acts as your main friendly rival, (presumably) wears the same school uniform as you and goes to the same school as you is actually the real Pokémon Professor" doesn't sound as outlandish or bizarre as that edgy nonsense that people were pushing (for some strange reason) during SM's promotion cycle, but it's still weird and nonsensical enough to be unbelievable.

We've had literal toddlers as gym leaders and you think a 10-16 year old (I'm ball parking here) as a professor is absurd?

We've had literal toddlers as gym leaders and you think a 10-16 year old (I'm ball parking here) as a professor is absurd?
First of all, citation needed for the "literal toddlers as gym leaders" part. The only ones that come to mind would be Tate and Liza, who, while younger than you'd expect, are clearly not toddlers. Unless I somehow missed that part where they were crawling on their hands and knees, sucking on pacifiers, barely being able to speak when interacted with or crying a lot when talked to.

Second of all, from a story perspective, yeah, I find the idea that Nemona secretly being this gen's Pokémon Professor to be somewhat absurd. Why would a young girl be the regional authority on Pokémon? You'd generally expect someone more seasoned to have that title, which would imply that they'd be noticeably older than your character (you know, since they'd need some years to gather the knowledge necessary to become an expert in the field). Why wouldn't she introduce herself as such? From the trailer, it seems that we meet her as soon as we get our starter, just like all the other main rivals. So why wouldn't she tell us that she's a Pokémon Professor when introducing herself or, at the very least, early in the game, once we form a friendship with her (which would make the mystery surrounding her true nature and her secret connections to be unnecessary). If she was the Pokémon Professor of this region, why would she keep quiet about it? It's not like that would protect her identity, since everyone would know who the professor was. Why would she enroll in a school, if she's already the number one Pokémon expert in this region? Why would she be our rival or be interested in taking on Gym Leaders or the Pokémon League or whatever the main goal of these games is?

To me, this just feels like a twist for the sake of a twist. It's not as edgy as the "Ultra Beasts are humans" theory, but it's still farfetched enough to be unbelievable. It's there just to be shocking and unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom