• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

View attachment 161093

The textures do seem a little too off in this one to be real, like it has this glare lighting affect that doesn't seem to be present on the Pokemon revealed in trailers thus far. But it is very cute.
I feel like the name Puudle is a little uninspiring. But then again, I felt that way about Sneasler and, well, look how that turned out...

And Seel is a (very cute!!) thing too so it wouldn't be too unconventional

The textures do seem a little too off in this one to be real, like it has this glare lighting affect that doesn't seem to be present on the Pokemon revealed in trailers thus far. But it is very cute.
this looks awful (in terms of the actual footage––i really like puudle's design) and extremely fake but this would be a fun pokemon

i love the idea of needing klefki to open the chest or whatever. could be like how pancham needs a dark type in the party to evolve, or mantyke and remoraid

Yeah… nah, no. I don’t think it’s “extreme” to say that Khu is racist and misogynistic, and it’s hella uncomfortable to see people get weirdly defensive about people like Khu being accountable, especially as someone who has to go through with so much misogyny, and was called various of misogynistic slurs that are used in those exact method of insure and harassment that Khu was doing for a long time toward Centro. Some BIPOC people from r/PokeLeaks have spoke up on why his “apology” is racist too, and I’m not buying the argument at all that it’s “extreme.” Yikes.
I don't think throwing serious accusations at people, like calling them racist or misogynistic or homophobic (or even just jerks or a-holes), is gonna help anyone, especially when there's little evidence to justify these labels. No matter how much people on the internet love throwing these labels around at people they don't like, the fact is that they represent a very specific type of heinous and malicious people and them being used to describe people that are just vulgar to an edgy extent not only devalues these words, but also blurrs their meaning to a dangerous degree.

Like, take NoBS, for example. He made multiple videos bashing movies and TV shows just because they had the "audacity" to include people of color or a "suspicious amount of women", completely disregarding the setting or the story or the characters and the way they are written. He praised Alabama for banning an episode of Arthur because it dared to show two men getting married in the last minutes of the episode, and called the moment forced despite there being little focus on the gay marriage in the episode to detract from the main story. And, in a debate, he straight up demanded that one of his opponents tell him if they identify as a Jew or a white person first, despite the debate being about his media takes and the opinions that another YouTuber had about him, and nobody having brought up race up to that point as far as I'm aware. That guy is a certified racist, misogynist and homophobe, by all accounts, so these terms fit him like a glove.

Or take QuantumTV, who, among other things, wished that a lesbian couple would've died in a bar shooting because they had the nerves to kiss while going to a church. He's definitely a homophibe, to say the least. Or Hasan Piker, who will not only ban you regardless of how long you've been subscribed to him and how much money you've given him, if he so much as thinks that you are critical of him, but will also proceed to mock you, along with his chat, once you're kicked from his "community" (going so far as to even ban a trans person live on Twitch, in front of thousands, because they told him, in an extremly polite manner, to be more prepared when going into a debate regarding trans issues, before proceeding to mock them along with his mindless sheep). A-hole doesn't even begin to describe his behavior. Or the infamous black sheep of the Pokémon community, Verlisify, who regularly starts witch hunts against popular VGC players when he has little to no evidence that they are hacking (and even when there is evidence, he does an incredibly poor job presenting it), encourages his fanbase to harass these people and TPCi, told one of his detractors to drink bleach, refused to have a battle against a child with cancers despite it being one of the kid's dying wishes, to name just the few that come to mind. Truly, a horrible person beyond a shadow of a doubt.

All of these people have more than earned their labels, not because they just used slurs degrading certain groups of people (which, outside of the "fan autism" incident, Khu hasn't done so in the year or so he'sbeen relevant, as far as I'm aware), but because they have either openly promoted racist/misogynistic/homophobic ideals and wishes or have shown their horrendous nature through their terrible behavior. Surely we can agree that Khu is nowhere close to being as terrible or dangerous or atrocious as any of these people, right? He is vulgar, he is petty, he holds grudges and insults people in an immature way. But he doesn't seem to hold any views that are anywhere close to hatred of minorities or women or LGBT people and doesn't seem to openly harass people (unless he's been sending every one of his insults to Centro all this time and I wasn't aware of it) or encourage his followers to do the same.

Make no mistake, I am not defending or condoning his behavior. Frankly, it's tiring to always see a childish insult involving genitals in a leak regarding Pokémon, of all things. Even if he's doing this just to stay hidden and draw attention towards him away, surely he could find a better alternative than to come off as a raging 4chan user with a tendency to hold petty drawn-out grudges. But calling him a racist, a misogynist and/or a homophobe, when he explicitly said he doesn't hold any of these believes, has never expressed them at all through the time he gained popularity and has only used one slur by mistake (for which he has apologized), is going far. Hate him and his behavior, sure, but don't act like he's a despicable human being that deserves nothing but contempt.

TL;DR - There should be a scale here, and Khu's obscene behavior shouldn't be enough to put him so high up on that scale, that he'd be comparable to actual racists, mysoginists and homophobes (or even just the worst jerks out there) in personality and/or demeanor.

The starters had some glare lighting on them-

tOEtyTQ.png

Just went through both trailers and I don't see anything quite resembling the backgrounds they used- I've seen that same tower several times, but that just means they'd have plenty of footage to reference to replicate it if it is fake. Rock texture doesn't seem to quite fit with the other textures in the game, though. Maybe it's just me, but there's something a bit too grainy about it.

vN4hbw6.png

rH4uNww.png

didjsAj.png

As for the pokemon... I don't get the name. Pokemon names usually have a pun or blend of words but Puudle looks like it's just along the same creative vein as Seel? Have we had a name like Seel's in the past decade?

Sounds painful if they want to ever put it in future games unless they change the evolution method after SV

As for the pokemon... I don't get the name. Pokemon names usually have a pun or blend of words but Puudle looks like it's just along the same creative vein as Seel? Have we had a name like Seel's in the past decade?
I think its a mix between Puddle and Poodle, which is better than seel's "seal but the a is an e for no particular reason"

Sounds painful if they want to ever put it in future games unless they change the evolution method after SV

I think its a mix between Puddle and Poodle, which is better than seel's "seal but the a is an e for no particular reason"
Ah true, that could be it.

And I think it'd be just as bad as Meltan->Melmetal and Zygarde's whole form thing, so it's not like they wouldn't implement something like that. XD

Oh right- and someone came up with an alternative meaning for the "pee" keyword-

The thing that bother me a little is that interpretation for 108 and cell are redundant.

(Also pee might just be p for penny/pence)

It looks like a new "find 10000 pieces of something".
108 are the souls of Spiritomb in Legends.
Zygarde had 100 cells I think.
So maybe we have to collect something again?
oh my god the coin objectmon is the collectathon, maybe you get enough and you unlock the treasure chest form people are theorizing about?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom