• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Looks like we do indeed have another trailer coming in two weeks. The official Pokemon twitter is doing one of those "visit the region of" type of things and right now they are on Alola. Two trailers in June. Cool.
Sorry this is an old message but does anybody know where those tweets were? Because I don't see them on the English or Japanese twitter.

Screenshot_20220627-101841.png
Found this on Reddit and see that nobody has posted yet. Not really a leak-hungry fan myself but it's cute, ngl.

About Khu, I knew he was ableist prior to the "fan autism" thing (contrary to some Twitter people, I'm among the ones who say that "autism" shouldn't be used as an insult), as he called Centro "disabled".

But walking past that, while I'm not against debunking alleged leaks, I am absolutely against debuking theories. To me, that's what I call a killjoy. Not only that, but it confirms something I feared: a BW lore rehash. While BW's lore is Truth vs. Ideal as opposed to Past vs. Future, there is clearly a Past vs. Future theme when it comes to aesthetics: not only there is the Black City/White Forest thing, there is also the Mistralton gardens, Opelucid City, and, in the sequels, Route 4. I loved the "Miraidon is Koraidon but in the future" thing (especially as they look like each other a lot, something that can't be said about the other opposing Dragons), and Khu debunked it. Now it looks like a BW lore rehash...

I just don't want a "school rivalry" thing. It was nice with PLA when they explored opposition with the Clans, but I don't want that.

Found this on Reddit and see that nobody has posted yet. Not really a leak-hungry fan myself but it's cute, ngl.
I like it, but it would have been more believable if it wasn't clearly in Windows photo viewer. (that little right arrow).

Logistically, though, I'm not sure how it makes sense. It's clearly a regional form of Cherubi to be grapes, but that's kind of weird. Cherry > Grape?

Not really sure what type "grape" would add either. I've seen people suggest Poison, but that would be so boring.

Makes me wonder if we'll actually get a Grape and an Orange Pokemon, though.

Nintendo announced a direct for tomorrow, but it's a partner direct; meaning no first party titles. I still expect to get new pokemon info by the end of next week, though.
Yeah, I definitely think we will be getting new info sometime within these next two weeks. The youtube channel posted the last "Visit _____ region" short on Thursday I believe, so if that countdown was leading to something gen 9 region related, that info would probably come this week. Friday is looking incredibly likely, considering it's July 1st. I could also see them waiting till next week though.

I am leaning towards fake on this little guy, something about it does seem a little too off to me. But it is really freaking cute and I wish it was real. While the cherry to grape thing is kind of weird, especially considering Cherubi's name, the design is something I could easily see GF making.

Last edited:
I like it, but it would have been more believable if it wasn't clearly in Windows photo viewer. (that little right arrow).

Logistically, though, I'm not sure how it makes sense. It's clearly a regional form of Cherubi to be grapes, but that's kind of weird. Cherry > Grape?

Not really sure what type "grape" would add either. I've seen people suggest Poison, but that would be so boring.

Makes me wonder if we'll actually get a Grape and an Orange Pokemon, though.
I can definitely see them making Grape and Orange Pokémon

But walking past that, while I'm not against debunking alleged leaks, I am absolutely against debuking theories. To me, that's what I call a killjoy. Not only that, but it confirms something I feared: a BW lore rehash. While BW's lore is Truth vs. Ideal as opposed to Past vs. Future, there is clearly a Past vs. Future theme when it comes to aesthetics: not only there is the Black City/White Forest thing, there is also the Mistralton gardens, Opelucid City, and, in the sequels, Route 4.
That's the thing though; the progress vs innovation theming were aesthetic differences in the Unova games. That is to say such a thing had no impact on the plot as a whole besides which dragon the protagonists and N end up getting. For this reason, I doubt that Game Freak is just going to rehash BW's plot. I can understand what you're trying to say though.

I loved the "Miraidon is Koraidon but in the future" thing (especially as they look like each other a lot, something that can't be said about the other opposing Dragons), and Khu debunked it. Now it looks like a BW lore rehash...
Just because Koriadon an Miraidon aren't past and future versions of one another doesn't mean that Game Freak isn't going to be a copy of BW.

Cute but fake. We really should get Pokémon based on oranges and grapes though, whether they be regional variants or new species entirely. Speaking of which, since Khu debunked Koraidon and Miraidon being past and future versions of each other, how likely is it that our box mascots could still have a direct connection to oranges and grapes?

Back
Top Bottom