• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

That’s an interesting guess, but don’t we already have Mightyena? I guess they could pull an Obstagoon-like evo…

It is interesting to note that the most complete fossil of an ice-age-era cave hyena was discovered in Northeastern Spain. Whether or not Khu's tweet is actually hyena related, I think it would be really cool to see some sort of Poochyena/Mightyena/possible-evo regional variant who is actually a fossil Pokemon. That would be a cool way to expand upon the concept of regional variants.

Thing is, poochyena/mightyena also incorporate themes of wolves. That's why it's canid-like despite hyenas not being canines. We could really use a hyena pokemon or variant that is purely a hyena, without it being associated with canines. (I love mightyena and poochyena tho)

Thing is, poochyena/mightyena also incorporate themes of wolves. That's why it's canid-like despite hyenas not being canines. We could really use a hyena pokemon or variant that is purely a hyena, without it being associated with canines. (I love mightyena and poochyena tho)
Eh, the thing is hyenas are pretty wolf-like, to the point that they're commonly mistaken in real life for relatives despite not being related. The mistake happening with the Mightyena line is more a product of their origin species getting that same mistake as there's little in their design, concept and pokedex entries that's exclusively wolf-like, and more than likely another take on the hyena would fall into the same trap.

Edit: Plus, it favors the Brown Hyena very heavily as they both have the long coat running down the sides and some even have the 'bald' stripe running down their backs. There are some liberties with the colors and size, but that's par the course with Pokemon in general.

XD Been busy for the past couple of days-

Good job on this.

Glad to see Salamence is back, with it, Goodra, and Dragapult that means at least four of the Pseudo-Legendaries are in if this is accurate. I wonder if we'll get most of them again.

Edit: Whoops, missed Goodra.

Last edited:
XD Been busy for the past couple of days-

1656400623918.png

YOOOOOO, today is a good day! Best BoI back 4th Generation in a row! (Counting gen 6 as the first generation)

Edit: I am confused, is that very bottom row like transfer exclusives or something? It's not generational order (I know you dont know just, predictions)

Edit 2: I find it weird how continently every row starts with a mon from the same generation, row 1 is gen 1 row 2 is gen 2 row 3 is gen 3 ect. Does this mean gamefreak were very even this time around or did Khu do it different and they aren't necessarily all full rows?

Last edited:
View attachment 161356
YOOOOOO, today is a good day! Best BoI back 4th Generation in a row! (Counting gen 6 as the first generation)

Edit: I am confused, is that very bottom row like transfer exclusives or something? It's not generational order (I know you dont know just, predictions)

Edit 2: I find it weird how continently every row starts with a mon from the same generation, row 1 is gen 1 row 2 is gen 2 row 3 is gen 3 ect. Does this mean gamefreak were very even this time around or did Khu do it different and they aren't necessarily all full rows?
They're not all full rows- although most of Kanto's extended line is just Eevee's fault.
And yeah, bottom is transfers. Or at least we believe it's transfers.

They don't seem to be transfer-only, apparently. Except the starters and Enamorus.
Where does this come from?
We saw the picture with H-Zoroark to promote Home connectivity (『Pokémon HOME』と『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』が連携予定!|ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト). With the official website indicating: "After their release, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will be able to link with Pokémon HOME. By linking these games with Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to have Pokémon from other regions adventure alongside you in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet."
It is pretty obvious they chose a transfer-only Pokemon to illustrate their news.

Where does this come from?
We saw the picture with H-Zoroark to promote Home connectivity (『Pokémon HOME』と『ポケットモンスター スカーレット・バイオレット』が連携予定!|ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト). With the official website indicating: "After their release, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will be able to link with Pokémon HOME. By linking these games with Pokémon HOME, you’ll be able to have Pokémon from other regions adventure alongside you in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet."
It is pretty obvious they chose a transfer-only Pokemon to illustrate their news.
Yeah- the Hisuian form is most likely transfer-only, considering it's a Hisuian form. Doesn't mean that regular Zoroark isn't in SV. Forms aren't listed in the graphic.

(Sorry if my responses sound short in any way, sorting out that dex was exhausting.)

Your point is valid (it does not explain where this "except starters and Enamorus" comes from, though - sorry, just trying to understand -), but this is not what I wanted to emphasize.
I took H-Zoroark as an example because it's the one represented in the official image, and this image has been the starting point of the misconception of "Hisuian Pokemon are in SV!!! Time Travel confirmed!!!" while it's quite the opposite.
I am not talking about Hisuian forms only, but Hisuian Pokemon in general. Like Kleavor, Ursaluna, etc.

To make it maybe more clear:
1) Assuming that the last line is for transfer-only,
2) Considering there are currently zero evidence of Hisuian Pokemon being in-game (correct me if I am wrong) and that this H-Zoroark image, on the contrary, seems to be in favor of transfer-only,
3) Hisuian Pokemon are more likely to be transfer only,
4) So they should be placed in the last line.

Or... transfer-only Pokemon that are bounded to Pokemon in-game are still represented in the said Pokemon generation, and the last line is just the remaining Pokemon that does not fit anywhere else. Possible but quite confusing organization. Even more since this Pokedex is organized from dex numbers and Khu said transfer-only Pokemon don't have dex numbers.

Last edited:
Your point is valid (it does not explain where this "except starters and Enamorus" comes from, though - sorry, just trying to understand -), but this is not what I wanted to emphasize.
I took H-Zoroark as an example because it's the one represented in the official image, and this image has been the starting point of the misconception of "Hisuian Pokemon are in SV!!! Time Travel confirmed!!!" while it's quite the opposite.
I am not talking about Hisuian forms only, but Hisuian Pokemon in general. Like Kleavor, Ursaluna, etc.

To make it maybe more clear:
1) Assuming that the last line is for transfer-only,
2) Considering there are currently zero evidence of Hisuian Pokemon being in-game (correct me if I am wrong) and that this H-Zoroark image, on the contrary, seems to be in favor of transfer-only,
3) Hisuian Pokemon are more likely to be transfer only,
4) So they should be placed in the last line.

Or... transfer-only Pokemon that are bounded to Pokemon in-game are still represented in the said Pokemon generation, and the last line is just the remaining Pokemon that does not fit anywhere else. Possible but quite confusing organization. Even more since this Pokedex is organized from dex numbers and Khu said transfer-only Pokemon don't have dex numbers.
Aaah how to explain...

Khu told us this-
4VJSBM0.png

So there's no new pokemon or forms in the image and pokemon only available via transfer were added in.
Each row can't be filled, so they don't reach the entire width of the image.

Using what we already knew were in the games from the trailers, as well as what was identified in a previous preview of his dex graphic, and a few extra he had confirmed in replies, we were able to go through and place everything in the chart. After a certain point, it became apparent that all of the pokemon that received a new form or evolution in Hisui were listed in their respective generation rows, except for the starters. Since it was in national dex order, and we realized each row was a generation, Typhlosion should have been first in the second row, but there wasn't a big splotch of fire color there.

We also had nine rows, but only eight generations for old pokemon, so that last row was a bit of a mystery until we realized that the large orange splotch made sense if it was Typhlosion. And the many small splotches had to be 1-stage pokemon, most likely mythicals. And I had found the Kalos starters in the previous preview of Khu's dex, who were also missing from the Gen 6 line, and together with Samurott and Decidueye, made sense for the rest of the large splotches in the bottom row. So it just came down to matching the single-stage colors to mythicals between them, favoring what wasn't available in SwSh, and adding Enamorus on the end as it was apparent that it had to be the transfer-only line (pokemon only available via HOME, as Khu referred to them). This also made sense, as the same kinds of pokemon (mythicals and starters) were in the same sort of list for SwSh (although many were made available via raids later on, as I understand).

So uh... basically via analysis we found that all of the Hisui pokemon were in fact listed in the generation lines except for the starters and Enamorus who got stuck with the mythicals in line 9. Presumably, regular forms of Hisuian regionals can be found in the game, as well as pokemon who gained new evolutions in PLA.

Last edited:
that one type wheel from the first trailer could be interpreted as a zodiac?

Now i am wondering if this is the first generation to include imagery of a type wheel?? i think some strategy guides would usually print a type chart, but specifically a fun and beautiful wheel, i'm not remembering that existing before.

Either way, i think it is a good sign that the three types phenomenon will be a positive addition!!

Back
Top Bottom