• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Something about the voice sounds too rigid and almost text to speech to me. It might be that one website that takes voice clips and tries to turn text to speech that sounds similar
Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing - it sounds like TTS or 15.ai, not an actual professional voiceover person. Combine that with the fact that we've only ever had one region with even a six-letter name and I'm gonna say that's out of the question. Even side-game regions like Orre, Fiore, or Almia; the only one I can think of that comes even close is Oblivia from Guardian Signs.

I fail to see how 7 weaknesses will make a Pokemon of this type combo useless. Having that many weaknesses doesn't make a Pokemon bad.
What really scares me is the fact that many of the crapton of weaknesses it has are common coverage moves, especially Fighting and Fairy. The former is generally a very common sight for opponent’s mons, and is easy to get for coverage, and the latter is pretty hard to counter and is easy coverage as well.

And I would like to generally know what the region name is going to be, especially since they still haven’t revealed it at this point.

What really scares me is the fact that many of the crapton of weaknesses it has are common coverage moves, especially Fighting and Fairy. The former is generally a very common sight for opponent’s mons, and is easy to get for coverage, and the latter is pretty hard to counter and is easy coverage as well.
When you put it that way, makes sense.

And I would like to generally know what the region name is going to be, especially since they still haven’t revealed it at this point.

Yeah and Bug gets common spread as well... especially on the Water starter nowadays (Both Greninja and Inteleon can learn it, either via TM/TR or Lvl up and i have a feeling Quaxly will also get to learn it, since i have a suspicion it will be the attacker and speeddevil of the three starters).

Chances are we'll see a trailer again next week (monthly pattern). Let's hope it will be a sizable one, as I'm a bit let-down by the marketing-campaign being similar to SwSh's. It barely gave us anything.

At least we now know not to expect more than 1-2 bits of information a month, which will counter the frustration.

Although, in some ways this cycle is worse, by now we knew about Dynamax, the region's name, gym-challenges, the map, etc.

Sighs.

Yeah next week is looking likely for the next trailer. If anything has stayed the same between the new generation news cycles I have followed (SM and SwSh), there is usually always a trailer early in the month after that second trailer is out. If it's also like SM and SwSh, this next trailer will be shadow-dropped, likely on the 5th, 6th, or 7th (desperately hoping it's the 5th, as I might be going on a short vacation on the 6th and 7th and I can't analyze trailers from the car without feeling sick lol).

I really hope we get the region name this time around, and a map too. Having a big map to break down in between this month and next month would be great. I'm also super ready to see some new Pokemon and characters.

Ah, forgot tomorrow's Sunday and I don't think they usually drop news on Sundays.

Monday is a holiday in the US, not sure if that matters, probably not.

About the keys with the coinmon teaser, is it possible that two hints tie together? When Khu says key:cells and key:gen 6, couldn't he just be saying you collect cells like Zyguarde,a gen 6 pokemon?

About the keys with the coinmon teaser, is it possible that two hints tie together? When Khu says key:cells and key:gen 6, couldn't he just be saying you collect cells like Zyguarde,a gen 6 pokemon?
Key riddle and coinmon seem related.

Someone said that Gen 6 may be referring to an X, like X marks the spot on a treasure map. Definitely seems like the key riddle is indicating a collection quest for the coin.

This seems very unlikely to be real, but I'll post it anyway. Feel like it would be too easy for Nintendo to find out who was editing the next trailer and black bag them for this. Also, the voice sounds a little off from the usual announcer. That and I think they mispronounce "battle" as "buttle".

"Better shake the video like I just ate 100 bags of sugar to make sure nobody can get a good look at anything"

Also, I know any series can have names with "Neo" in them but I swear Neopolis sounds like a location that was probably in Neopets. I'd agree with others that it sounds a lot more like the name of a city than an entire region though.

Back
Top Bottom