• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

It is hard to follow between "gimmicks", "systems" and "concepts".

In a first tweet, Khu talked about three new things:
  • One gimmick already teased and that important characters use. Probably the successor to Dynamax and giving Pokemon new forms.
  • A new concept that influence battle
  • A new concept: Regional Fakes

Then in a second tweet he said the flags were a new system, but I can't understand if it is a fourth thing or the new concept that influence battle for example.
Indeed I think it will concern 5 types because of the five point star (and 5 pieces), the one presented in Trailer 2 being Fire.

Last edited:
It is hard to follow between "gimmicks", "systems" and "concepts".

In a first tweet, Khu talked about three new things:
  • One gimmick already teased and that important characters use. Probably the successor to Dynamax and giving Pokemon new forms.
  • A new concept that influence battle
  • A new concept: Regional Fakes

Then in a second tweet he said the flags were a new system, but I can't understand if it is a fourth thing or the new concept that influence battle for example.
Indeed I think it will concern 5 types because of the five point star (and 5 pieces), the one presented in Trailer 2 being Fire.

I mean, Flags can technically be a new system if they mark the gym leaders instead of the buildings, since thats a new system lol.

I think people are reading to much into that one.

I'm afraid they go full Yugioh 5D here, but there's another thing bothering me: how will we use our pokémon and battle while driving? The pokémon we use in battle aren't mere holograms like yugioh monsters.

how will we use our pokémon and battle while driving? The pokémon we use in battle aren't mere holograms like yugioh monsters.
That's actually a good point. How would they be able to battle? We could get side-cars, or perhaps Legends: Arceus-style platforms.

Can anyone please help us solve this conundrum for our hypothetical Pokémon 5Ds situation?

This is my theory from the screen splitted in three in Trailer 2.
What if gyms are a mix of a Noble-like battle, traditional battle and race (maybe not the three for each gym, that would be too long, but maybe a combination of two of them).

This is my theory from the screen splitted in three in Trailer 2.
What if gyms are a mix of a Noble-like battle, traditional battle and race (maybe not the three for each gym, that would be too long, but maybe a combination of two of them).
I struggled with the Noble fights in PLA. If they're returning then I hope the controls are fixed, I missed so many opportunities to send out my Pokemon against the Noble during those windows when they are dizzy or whatever.

@Greninjaman So kind of like the Orange Islands from the Anime?
In a sense. What I mean is this: The battle or race happens, then after the player wins one, they take on the gym leader in the other event.
So if the race comes first, then the battle will happen after.
If the battles comes first, then the race will happen after.

I'm hoping for less Pokémon battles on motorcycles and more the Pokecenters just look like that because they're a quick stop on the way to a major Pokémon center. Like if the town is big enough to have 2, there will always be one kiosk. If there's a pokecenter on a route, it will always be a kiosk. That sort of thing.

Like I don't mind the dragons being motorcycles. As long as that's not like a major part of the game then it's fine. But if we end up getting the legendary right off the bat and start using it as our bike and forced to use it during the gyms and E4...I think it would finally be time to pack up and just go home and not acknowledge any game after Gen 8.

I do feel like races will be a thing but I doubt they will replace battles or even have battling as a part of it, just a normal race. And I assume even if you get to use the Legendary as a ride mon right off the bat you wont be able to actually capture them to use in battle until the usual point in the story.

Maybe instead of gym leaders and elite four it's all motorcycle races and the champion uses the opposite version legendary.
1657049847973.png

The star symbol was seen in Trailer 1, it looks like it is an important symbol, maybe associated to the main gimmick, and Trailer 2 showed it is associated to the supposed race. I don't think such important symbol would be for a side mini-game that does not involve Pokemon/battle.

Structuring the league like football leagues makes sense, but l I'm still trying to figure out how the heck they're going to structure it like motocross without alienating most of the fanbase. Especially if you get the legendary, even as just a ride Pokémon, very early in the game.

Also, personally, I really don't want a Pokémon version of the Ryuji fight in NMH2 where you had to fight using your bikes. That was one of the worst fights mechanics wise.

Looks like we missed a Khu post, y'all! It's a followup to the June 18th picture with all the treasures.

Since we're in Spain this time around, and this is related to the coin objectmon, it's almost definitely a hint at the Spanish real, also known as pieces of eight. There are six slices here, so maybe you've gotta catch/collect six slices to get a full coin? That'd fit with the traditional Pokémon party size.

There are also a few new tweets:
View attachment 161502
"To make it more clear, one of the gimmicks used in gen 9 was teased, nearly all of the important npcs will use it in game. The other one is the so-called new concept which will also influence battles someway. RFake is also another new concept but more like official teased memes."

View attachment 161503
"The flag thing is a new sys, tho I haven’t teased anything abt it yet, you could also guess how many types that thing is gonna have lol."

View attachment 161504
You know, an open world game needs to involve tons of new syss, gimmicks, concepts and other things to go. Or play what? Do you mind the official being riddlers themselves with trailer 1 and 2?

Looks like we've got somewhere "three types" fits into now! I wonder what that's gonna be...
NOOOOO
BREAD DOG

Uhhh, I doubt a hypothetical motorbike-race would be the substitute of a gym-battle; It could just be a part of the challenge between the fights and before the gymleader itself.

And Khu mentioned how the two legendaries have some sort of relation akin to the one between Solgaleo and Lunala.

Back
Top Bottom