• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I think people overestimate how easy it is to come across leaks on the internet unless you're knee deep in a particular fandom. Pokemon's audience is vast and mostly casual, so unless there are very clear images floating around I don't think TPC will be rushing to take down a leaker.

In addition, without the additional context about why we think Kaka is reliable, I think most casual Pokemon fans will write his words and images off as one of the million dime-a-dozen fake leaks that are always floating around. We might see the tide start to shift once the next trailer comes out though, especially if it contains information that can solidify the legitimacy of Kaka's info.

Speaking of, Khu is saying they are going to stop sharing leaks because yada yada Centro. But they have said similar before just to continue doing so, so not sure if it should be taken completely seriously.

Also yeah, just replace the word with like, small or child or some such, so you keep the descriptiveness while ditching the word.

Update: Khu is blaming it on Centro for some reason but, they have stopped because enough people on Twitter have reported the account for them to get warned by twitter. So seems like it's for good now.

Which really sucks if Kaka stops too because that leaves us in both a news drought and leak drought.

As with Kaka, I'll believe that Khu has stopped sharing info when his account is inactive for more than a week.

That said, I'm optimistic that the official marketing will pick up a bit more as we get closer to release. If the leaks are accurate, there's a lot going on the games that I just can't see TPC being completely silent about until release day.

As with Kaka, I'll believe that Khu has stopped sharing info when his account is inactive for more than a week.

That said, I'm optimistic that the official marketing will pick up a bit more as we get closer to release. If the leaks are accurate, there's a lot going on the games that I just can't see TPC being completely silent about until release day.
Oof, not wanting to come off as rude, but expecting Gamefreak to ramp up marketing is a bit wishful thinking.

I fully expect an August-trailer because of the pre-orders, and maybe a monthly one after that. But not that much more, until the last week or so before release.

Oof, not wanting to come off as rude, but expecting Gamefreak to ramp up marketing is a bit wishful thinking.

I fully expect an August-trailer because of the pre-orders, and maybe a monthly one after that. But not that much more, until the last week or so before release.
No offense taken. A monthly trailer schedule is a more realistic expectation, and I'd actually be ok with that. That's already "ramping up" the marketing compared to what's been happening since February.

hi! local admin here making an official staff post.

apologies for being rather late with this, but this thread has gotten quite a few reports recently, so i figure it's best to address that in this post.
  • going to ask that we please keep discussions regarding khu as an individual out of this thread. there's been concerns regarding khu's... let's just say personal views that don't really have much relevance towards this thread in particular, and tend to attract drama. would rather not have that here, thanks.
  • similar goes to pretty much regarding anyone else (serebii joe and the like)
  • if there's going to be leaks posted of the pokedex so far, i'm going to ask that the image be refrained from posting because there's a very inappropriate term in there to describe a hammer pokemon... dunno why that term was chosen out of all things but regardless, if there's curiosity of the leaked 'dex, direct them towards centro's twitter. they'll find it sooner or later, or maybe a better leak of it will come out that wouldn't have such gross terminology.
  • i guess the tl;dr in general is please keep any sort of drama out of this thread. c: keep it relaxed and chill, we're here to discuss leaks and rumours and those alone, not to discuss intersite drama or individual people or anything like that.
Sorry! I just reported the pokemon as it was reported on twitter and by Khu. I will delete the picture. I've asked Centro to delete it but they still didn't answer me.

Last edited:
Sorry! I just reported the pokemon as it was reported on twitter and by Khu. I will delete the picture. I've asked Centro to delete it but they still didn't answer me.
It was an honest mistake, so don't be too hard on yourself about it.

I doubt that Centro will respond or delete the image, I think a better solution would be to create an updated version with the offending word removed (maybe just call it the Hammer Pokemon). The one Centro has on there now will be outdated soon anyway if/when Kaka comes back.

It was an honest mistake, so don't be too hard on yourself about it.

I doubt that Centro will respond or delete the image, I think a better solution would be to create an updated version with the offending word removed (maybe just call it the Hammer Pokemon). The one Centro has on there now will be outdated soon anyway if/when Kaka comes back.
No, I don't think I will create a new one. What they say about centro is true. They didn't even ask if they could use it and I don't want to create something that cannot be deleted if anyone feels offended about it.

In my own notes I've just been calling it a "small feminine Pokemon" under the label "Hammer".

Personally, I think that even if we just stick to calling it "Hammer Pokemon", it will be immediately obvious which of the new mons it is once officially revealed. I'm doubtful that GF will include two Hammer wielding or Hammer resembling Pokemon in the same generation, unless they are explicitly related to one another.

I wonder if you could use the word chibi here? Like chibi girl.....it might get the idea across?
I don't know. I honestly don't even know why that term is offensive. I checked on Wikipedia but they just have the definition of it. I thought It just meant small girl

I don't know. I honestly don't even know why that term is offensive. I checked on Wikipedia but they just have the definition of it. I thought It just meant small girl
Its a real word/term, but it has some not-so-nice implications due to certain communities. This isn't really the best place to discuss it, but you can probably find better details by searching elsewhere.

I wonder if you could use the word chibi here? Like chibi girl.....it might get the idea across?
"Chibi" is slightly better I think, similar meaning, but a lot less stigma attached.

Last edited:
Its a real word, but it has some not-so-nice implications now thanks to certain communities. This isn't really the best place to discuss it, but you can probably find better details by searching elsewhere.
I guess I'll remain ignorant about It and accept It for an offensive term. Better not to search for it, considering what you said.

Chibi is a largely innocent word that is simply used to refer to 'small and cute' things, often drawn in a sort of 'super deformed' style to make them look cuter. One of the most popular, long-running children's anime in Japan is even named 'Chibi Maruko-chan'. Not to mention the character 'Chibi-usa' from Sailor Moon. So in the long run, 'Chibi' would be an alright alternative word to use.

Or even just 'Cute little hammer girl' as a way to describe the Pokemon.

Just call it 'pink fairy with a hammer'. Done.

EDIT:

• So, the Murkrow-evolution indeed seemed to be a misinterpretation; He checked, there's no new one.
  • Primeape's evolution is indeed fighting/ghost.
  • The Rotom-catalogue will be obtainable through the in-game auction house.

Last edited:
Just call it 'pink fairy with a hammer'. Done.

EDIT:

• So, the Murkrow-evolution indeed seemed to be a misinterpretation; He checked, there's no new one.
  • Primeape's evolution is indeed fighting/ghost.
  • The Rotom-catalogue will be obtainable through the in-game auction house.
Ok, so when Khu said 12225 included all the cross-gen evolutions, also Wooper's even if regional.

Can't wait for Figthing/Ghost Primeape!

Back
Top Bottom