• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The only thing that's unclear is what is the 8th 3 stage Pokemon. Is it the chili pepper, grasshopper, or something else?
I'm leaning towards Chilli Pepper currently, since it matches up with the "Cool 3-Stage Fire Line" that appears in many leak compilations, with some claiming Kaka explicitly said the Grass/Fire Pokemon was a 3-Stager. That said, I can foresee this being a topic of debate until we get more official info, and failing that, perhaps until the game is fully leaked/datamined a couple of weeks before launch.

Centro is reporting that the electric bird is a seagull and that the Crab and the Worm are "boss pokémon" in the story.

105 new Pokemon would put this gen as the 5th highest amount of new Pokemon ever, although it's only 89 if you subtract the Paradox forms. And considering that DLC is likely to come this gen will end up beating out Sinnoh's 107, and only be beaten by Kanto's 151, Hoenn's 135, and Unova's 156.

Centro is reporting that the electric bird is a seagull and that the Crab and the Worm are "boss pokémon" in the story.
This is information that they got from Khu, who has been Tweeting more publicly since Kaka appeared on the scene.

The seagull guess is particularly interesting, because Khu's specific hints were "Mizudori" and "Denki & Chips", where "Mizudori" means "Waterfowl" and "Denki" means "Electric". A seagull sort of fits the hints, being a species of Waterfowl which is infamous for enjoying Fish & Chips. Maybe its a seagull that feeds off electricity, hence the possible Electric/Flying typing.

This is information that they got from Khu, who has been Tweeting more publicly since Kaka appeared on the scene.

The seagull guess is particularly interesting, because Khu's specific hints were "Mizudori" and "Denki & Chips", where "Mizudori" means "Waterfowl" and "Denki" means "Electric". A seagull sort of fits the hints, being a species of Waterfowl which is infamous for enjoying Fish & Chips. Maybe its a seagull that feeds off electricity, hence the possible Electric/Flying typing.
The fact that is part electric is enough for me to like It.
6 normal/flying regional birds are more than enough, considering most of them are totally useless. Talonflame and Corviknight were both good pokémon to use.

An Electric/Flying regional bird is actually pretty cool. We've been getting some good ones in the last few generations that have deviated from the usual Normal/Flying. We had Talonflame in Gen VI, Corviknight in Gen VIII, and now this Electric/Flying bird for Gen IX.
We only have three new flying pokemon right now (Regional bird, Flamingo and Parakeet) and two of them are standalone, so let's hope they are good.

I wouldn't consider a crab-like pokemon a fish. Also, there are really few water types this gen (Quaxly, Sushi, maybe dolphin and Fake Diglett). Usually water is the most used type with grass.
Btw, the Parakeet is a standalone if I recall correctly.
Woops, I was confusing the sushi-dragon with the sushi-chef. The 'chef' could be crab-like.

Khu decided to just go all out today, so I can safely update my graphic again to this:

45-Lines-V3.png

Major Changes:
  • Pokemon highlighted in Blue are ones Khu teased after his "38 Lines". Per his words, there are only 2 unknown lines left.
    • "Kegani": The Crab, appears to be a separate Pokemon from "Oyakata"
    • "Mimizu": The Worm
    • "Inko": The Parakeet
    • "Merurusaa": The unidentified fish, a Hake
    • "Meramon": The Fire Split bros, teased using an image of two Meramon from Digmon.
    • "Flamenco": The Flamingo, teased using an image of Flamenco form Oricocio
    • "Kyurem": The Dragon/Ice pseudo, teased using an image of Kyurem
    • "Sub-Legend W" and "Sub-Legend B": Teased using the same format as the other Sub-Legends
    • "Aiai": A Long-fingered Lemur, appearance suggests it could be the "Regional Rodent" of this gen.
  • Of the 2 unknown lines, one is a 2-stager and the other is a 1-stager.
I'm still not convinced that Kaka's "Icicles" are a separate Pokemon from Cetitan, but there have not been any hints or leaks completely refuting this, so I'm leaving it in there for now. Even so, its kind of crazy that we know almost the entire dex now, at least in terms of Pokemon motifs and themes.

Khu decided to just go all out today, so I can safely update my graphic again to this:

Major Changes:
  • Pokemon highlighted in Blue are ones Khu teased after his "38 Lines". Per his words, there are only 2 unknown lines left.
    • "Kegani": The Crab, appears to be a separate Pokemon from "Oyakata"
    • "Mimizu": The Worm
    • "Inko": The Parakeet
    • "Merurusaa": The unidentified fish, a Hake
    • "Meramon": The Fire Split bros, teased using an image of two Meramon from Digmon.
    • "Flamenco": The Flamingo, teased using an image of Flamenco form Oricocio
    • "Kyurem": The Dragon/Ice pseudo, teased using an image of Kyurem
    • "Sub-Legend W" and "Sub-Legend B": Teased using the same format as the other Sub-Legends
    • "Aiai": A Long-fingered Lemur, appearance suggests it could be the "Regional Rodent" of this gen.
  • Of the 2 unknown lines, one is a 2-stager and the other is a 1-stager.
I'm still not convinced that Kaka's "Icicles" are a separate Pokemon from Cetitan, but there have not been any hints or leaks completely refuting this, so I'm leaving it in there for now. Even so, its kind of crazy that we know almost the entire dex now, at least in terms of Pokemon motifs and themes.
The aiai is presumably a poison-type, used by the guy with the graffiti-mask. I don't see such a specific lemur becoming the customary regional 'rodent'.

The aiai is presumably a poison-type, used by the guy with the graffiti-mask. I don't see such a specific lemur becoming the customary regional 'rodent'.
This is what I thought as well, but I tagged the Aiai as the regional rodent because Khu made it a point to say that there are only 2 unknown lines remaining. Thinking about it further though, if the Aiai isn't in the regional rodent slot, then the two unknown lines can either be:
  • Regional Rodent and an unknown 1-Stager (assuming that the Aiai is a 2-Stager), this would mean that "Icicles" isn't a separate Pokemon from Cetitan.
  • Regional Rodent and "Icicles" (assuming that the Aiai is a 1-Stager), leaving the possibility open for "Icicles" to be separate from Cetitan.
I suspect Khu will probably leak the last 2 unknown lines later this week, unless he wants to drag out the leak season a bit longer. If neither of the hints match "Icicles", then we'll know which option is the correct one.

This is what I thought as well, but I tagged the Aiai as the regional rodent because Khu made it a point to say that there are only 2 unknown lines remaining. Thinking about it further though, if the Aiai isn't in the regional rodent slot, then the two unknown lines can either be:
  • Regional Rodent and an unknown 1-Stager (assuming that the Aiai is a 2-Stager), this would mean that "Icicles" isn't a separate Pokemon from Cetitan.
  • Regional Rodent and "Icicles" (assuming that the Aiai is a 1-Stager), leaving the possibility open for "Icicles" to be separate from Cetitan.
I suspect Khu will probably leak the last 2 unknown lines later this week, unless he wants to drag out the leak season a bit longer. If neither of the hints match "Icicles", then we'll know which option is the correct one.
I think the 'icicles' are definitely the Cetitan-line. I remember how Khu was confused by Kaka's 'icicle'-statement, telling us how he didn't really see all the similarities. Lechonk could very well be the early-route normal-type this time, an aiai isn't a rodent, either.

EDIT: By the way, I saw some appreciation threads for basically all Pokémon thus far revealed. Except for Cetitan. Give our thick white boiiiii some love, folks!

Last edited:
What are the chances of seeing something new during the Pokémon World's Championships this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom