• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I have a feeling not every Pokemon on here is gonna be dual typed, since there always seems to be a mix between pure types and dual types. Fidough especially remains pure Fairy i reckon.
Of course, but since we don't know yet which will and which won't, I left question marks everywhere.

I have a feeling not every Pokemon on here is gonna be dual typed, since there always seems to be a mix between pure types and dual types. Fidough especially remains pure Fairy i reckon.
I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of them are single types, I remember that being a big complaint people had about Galar and even as far back as Unova. That said, I think using Confirmed or Likely Type/??? is still the best way of doing it because it communicates that we don’t know the type, wether it’s dual-type or not.

As for Fidough, I’m personally hoping it becomes Fairy/Fire for some baked/fried bread but I feel leakers would’ve mentioned that unique type by now :p

Also some unrelated trivia - all Pokémon are technically dual-type. Monotype Pokémon are programmed as two of their single type. Just thought I’d share that fun little nugget.

I'm mildly annoyed that we likely only have 105 new Pokemon in the base game when the leakers were telling us for weeks that we would get at least 120, but then again, didn't Khu say we would probably get some more in the DLC?

Will it be like Sw/Sh, with some battle footage talking about the new items/mechanics, or will we actually be able to see some new creatures?
Well, last editions were like this:
XY - Mega Kangaskhan (and Parental Bond)
ORAS - Mega Slowbro
SM - Crabrawler
USUM - Clangorous Soublaze (Kommo-o's Z-Move)
SwSh - Neutralizing Gas (G-Weezing Ability), Room Service (New Item), Eject Pack (New Item), Breaking Swipe (New Move), Mirror Armor (Corviknight's HA), Dynamax being immune to flinch and Max Lightning, Max Knuckle, Max Hailstorm and G-Max Wind Rage's (Corviknight's G-Max Move)secondary effects

So, if I had to guess, I'd say at the very least we might get new information about the Terastal phenomenon (like the rumoured Terastal movements and secondary effects) and also the reveal of new items, abilities and moves.

But this year event promises to be bigger than previous years, with Unite and GO' championships inclusion, I guess. And this marketing cycle has also been quite slow so far. So I'd also bet we'll see new Pokemon and maybe some Terastal form, if there is any

To make it clear, of course it's all speculation on my part

Last edited:
I'd also like to say, I've been thinking about what Kaka said about supposedly absence of ranked battles.
What are your thoughts on this?

Have there been any new leaks today?

I'm contemplating going onto 4chan to create a fake leak for the rumored Johto games to mess with the annoying youtubers, but I can't figure out their weird new captcha system.

But this year event promises to be bigger than previous years, with Unite and GO' championships inclusion, I guess. And this marketing cycle has also been quite slow so far. So I'd also bet we'll see new Pokemon and maybe some Terastal form, if there is any
My gut feeling is that, if we get any Terastal-based forms, they’ll be saved for the DLC for both marketing reasons and giving us time to adjust to regular Terastal first.

Was that leaked quaxly evo thing real??? how come no ones talking about it
Did it have a head that was sort of shaped like Bart Simpson's skull? I only caught a glimpse of it while scrolling. I thought that one was fake.

Isn't it just possible Kaka didn't have access to any features like this? Maybe they'd come later?
Doesn't online capabilities come with the first patch?
I know he doesn't seem to know that much about Pokémon, but you'd think Kaka would have thought the same. Unless he saw something else
Have there been any new leaks today?

I'm contemplating going onto 4chan to create a fake leak for the rumored Johto games to mess with the annoying youtubers, but I can't figure out their weird new captcha system.
chaotic evil :wynaut:
It might mean that there will be no VGC for this game.
If that were the case, they'd have to find some other way to keep the format playable/fresh for the years to come

I hope it's a mistranslation

Last edited:
It looks like Khu may have hinted at the last two missing pokemon.

He said, "only 2 lines left now"

Then "ootori"; then quoted it as "boss"

Then tweeted "nezumi" and quoted it with "亲子爱"

Then finally said, It’s all done. Celebrate now~

Ootori just literally means large bird, but the translator I use suggests it is used to refer to "peng (in Chinese mythology, giant bird said to transform from a fish)" Take that as you will.

Nezumi means rat, so I guess we are getting a regional rodent? I don't know what the chinese bit means

Edit: I've seen some people say the chinese means "marsupial", so I have no clue what kind of animal the 2nd one is.

Last edited:
It looks like Khu may have hinted at the last two missing pokemon.

He said, "only 2 lines left now"

Then "ootori"; then quoted it as "boss"

Then tweeted "nezumi" and quoted it with "亲子爱"

Then finally said, It’s all done. Celebrate now~

Ootori just literally means large bird, but the translator I use suggests it is used to refer to "peng (in Chinese mythology, giant bird said to transform from a fish)" Take that as you will.

Nezumi means rat, so I guess we are getting a regional rodent? I don't know what the chinese bit means

Edit: I've seen some people say the chinese means "marsupial", so I have no clue what kind of animal the 2nd one is.
The Chinese means "Parent Child Bond" so people believe that the Nezumi is an Opossum that carries its children on its back. Its most likely the regional rodent in that case.

Khu also tweeted some new hints about the dex, which he's calling "memes" for some reason, I'll break them down here.
  • Meme 1: Not All Birds Can Fly
    • This one probably means that not all of the new "bird" Pokemon are Flying-Types.
  • Meme 2: Five Nobles
    • This one presumably refers to the "boss" Pokemon he has been talking about, these are Crab, Worm, Sushi, Oyakata, and Ootori.
  • Meme 3: starters electric grass rock fairy ice
    • This is the big one, because it presumably lists the 8 3-stage lines present in his list. This has a lot of implications for the speculations about the full dex.
    • My guess for the eight are: Sprigatito, Fuecoco, Quaxly, Pawmi (Electric), Smoliv (Grass), Salt (Rock), Hammer (Fairy) and Pseudo (Ice).
    • It could also be the Pokedex order for the first 8 lines of Gen 9, but I think the former interpretation is more likely.

Back
Top Bottom