• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Correction from Kaka:
- The previous statement about paradox pokemon remaining of the same type is wrong. Some of them, however, won't change type.
ALL Paradox pokemon are dual type, meaning Misdreavus, Donphan, Hariyama and Suicune will at least gain a secondary type.

Icicles is the pseudo. Interesting. Guess the dolphin is cetitian
Nope. The dolphin is a different pokemon. It has an evolution and the evolution has two forms (one of them looks like a superhero)

Correction from Kaka:
- The previous statement about paradox pokemon remaining of the same type is wrong. Some of them, however, won't change type.
ALL Paradox pokemon are dual type, meaning Misdreavus and Suicune will at least gain a secondary type.
Now that he's said this, I'm confident in predicting that Paradox Kirlia will be the Fairy/Fighting Pokemon, as this would add more meaning to the time Khu said that it had elements of both Gardevoir and Gallade. Pretty excited to see what the rest will get as well.

Apparently Jigglypuff and Delibird now change type too. Salamence loses its flying type for another type.

Edit.
  • The Kamen Rider is a new type combo. The only bug-combos left are: Bug/Normal, Bug/Dark; Bug Dragon.
  • I updated the graphic with all new info. Since the Tumbleweed is now a two stages mon, one among these is standalone: Lemur; Spider; Pepper; Fish; Opossum.
GEN 9.png

Last edited:
Apparently Jigglypuff and Delibird now change type too. Salamence loses its flying type for another type.

Edit.
  • The Kamen Rider is a new type combo. The only bug-combos left are: Bug/Normal, Bug/Dark; Bug Dragon.
  • I updated the graphic with all new info. Since the Tumbleweed is now a two stages mon, one among these is standalone: Lemur; Spider; Pepper; Fish; Opossum.

I don't know if it's confirmed but I've seen other people treating the lemur/ai ai as a standalone Pokemon. (also I've seen them saying it's a Normal/Poison type) I'd guess the opposum is a two stager since it's coming across as the regional rodent for this region.

I guess Bug/Dark could be a possibility but Bug/Dragon feels right for a Kamen Rider bug Pokemon.

I don't know if it's confirmed but I've seen other people treating the lemur/ai ai as a standalone Pokemon. (also I've seen them saying it's a Normal/Poison type) I'd guess the opposum is a two stager since it's coming across as the regional rodent for this region.

I guess Bug/Dark could be a possibility but Bug/Dragon feels right for a Kamen Rider bug Pokemon.
Yeah, I've seen those rumors about the Lemur but I'm waiting for Kaka to confirm it.

Really happy that the Kamen Rider Bug has a new type-combo, I was really worried GF would mess the Pokemon up by giving it a type-combo that was either lame (Flying, Poison) or overused (Fighting, Steel). I'd actually be ok with all three unused Bug-Type combos:
  • Bug/Dark ~ The most obvious choice, and the most likely in my opinion, fits with the Bisharp line which is partially based on Kamen Rider villains, as well as classic Kamen Rider's aesthetic of a "dark" hero.
  • Bug/Dragon ~ A less likely, but still awesome choice. Its a possibility given that one of the most popular Kamen Riders (Ryuki) is based on a Dragon. Would finally end the meme and lead to a very cool design, maybe like Amazon with a more monstrous helmet/face.
  • Bug/Normal ~ Probably the most boring choice, but still interesting in my opinion. STAB Mega Kick, Mega Punch, and Extremespeed would be fitting, maybe with an ability like Compound Eyes for accuracy correction.
EDIT: Really, regardless of what the typing is, the Pokemon should get Compound Eyes, if only just so it can spam Hi Jump Kick without any penalty as its gimmick.

Last edited:
Really happy that the Kamen Rider Bug has a new type-combo, I was really worried GF would mess the Pokemon up by giving it a type-combo that was either lame (Flying, Poison) or overused (Fighting, Steel). I'd actually be ok with all three unused Bug-Type combos:
  • Bug/Dark ~ The most obvious choice, and the most likely in my opinion, fits with the Bisharp line which is partially based on Kamen Rider villains, as well as classic Kamen Rider's aesthetic of a "dark" hero.
  • Bug/Dragon ~ A less likely, but still awesome choice. Its a possibility given that one of the most popular Kamen Riders (Ryuki) is based on a Dragon. Would finally end the meme and lead to a very cool design, maybe like Amazon with a more monstrous helmet/face.
  • Bug/Normal ~ Probably the most boring choice, but still interesting in my opinion. STAB Mega Kick, Mega Punch, and Extremespeed would be fitting, maybe with an ability like Compound Eyes for accuracy correction.
EDIT: Really, regardless of what the typing is, the Pokemon should get Compound Eyes, if only just so it can spam Hi Jump Kick without any penalty as its gimmick.
I'm ready to sing the OG Kamen Rider opening every time I send it out to battle :enzap:

Well, in S/S the player wears a special suite when riding the bike, so It was not that difficult to do the same for Koraidon and Miraidon.
I hope trainer customization will come back after the League or after you graduate at the Academy.
I think the riding suits got a lot of criticism as well, as people spend time and money on picking the best outfit, but ultimately a lot of the game (especially hatching eggs) is spent on the bike.

While some people might feel more comfortable if their character is wearing a skirt, ultimately I think it is better for riding (and if there are reflective surfaces, it stops the gross people making jokes about it)

I think the riding suits got a lot of criticism as well, as people spend time and money on picking the best outfit, but ultimately a lot of the game (especially hatching eggs) is spent on the bike.

While some people might feel more comfortable if their character is wearing a skirt, ultimately I think it is better for riding (and if there are reflective surfaces, it stops the gross people making jokes about it)
They did away with skirts, though. Every instance of a skirt in SwSh was skorts. They could easily do the same for dresses by modeling shorts under them if they're so worried about upskirt shots. Won't stop the pervs from making mods, but still. It is a solution if that's indeed the problem.

With that said, I very much enjoyed the riding outfits in SwSh. At least the female character didn't inexplicably end up in a bikini wetsuit in the water.

Last edited:
OMG I just heard Protean got nerfed!

Greninja and Cinderace are fuming rn lol
Well, Cinderace can't complain, since its Ability technically isn't Protean :p

Jokes aside, if this is true I bet it's got something to do with the Terrastal gimmick. Maybe the devs thought Protean and Terrastal together would be too powerful. Though I'm not sure how exactly they could nerf Protean without completely changing how it works outright.

Back
Top Bottom