• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Enough is enough, here's tomorrows trailer leek

farfetchdpokmon-anime.png
"Puts hands up"
Ok. Please no hurt me, Farfetch'd!

Welp! This didn't age well (From a trailer standpoint, not for what gets revealed or not).

But considering they had the week correct, the contents of the trailer might also be correct.
Only if they actually reveal the mid-evolutions.

A trailer the first week of the month is hardly unprecedented.

I'm totally sure we will never get those. I think TPCi has decided to never reveal the starters evos anymore.

We had both the middle and final stage evolutions revealed before release not that long ago for gen 7.

You're judging this based on just one generation where they didn't reveal the starter evolutions. I don't see how you can be reasonably sure of anything.

I don't know about you but he looks super omminous in that image that was up the promptly taken down to me. I think its because he is looking away from the camera and all the way at the back.
View attachment 164187

Maybe it's supposed to be misleading but that was my first thought when I saw him in this image, that he looks very suspicious.

We had both the middle and final stage evolutions revealed before release not that long ago for gen 7.

You're judging this based on just one generation where they didn't reveal the starter evolutions. I don't see how you can be reasonably sure of anything.
Yes, but in Gen 8 they did not reveal any starter evolution, even for Legends. It's clear their marketing campaign doesn't want to spoil the starters anymore.

Yes, but in Gen 8 they did not reveal any starter evolution, even for Legends. It's clear their marketing campaign doesn't want to spoil the starters anymore.
which is weird given from what I can see the general consensus is that the starters is what people want spoiled the most. So they don't end up picking one with a bad final evo.

To be fair with Legends, these were all Pokemon who's middle stages we knew for years. Wanting to hide the final stage makes sense. I don't recall it for Gen V and we know they didn't for Gen VI. Gen VII was a special case because I think they were well aware they were leaked a couple months in advanced. They haven't revealed the final stage that often. I don't think one generation makes it clear they won't show the middle stages.

which is weird given from what I can see the general consensus is that the starters is what people want spoiled the most. So they don't end up picking one with a bad final evo.
Considering what has been said about starters (namely Blaziken), I wouldn't put it past them to usually not reveal the starters because they want people to pick the starter they like the most based on first stages alone and be surprised at what it turns into for better or for worse. I mean, if you box your starter based on how it looks after it evolves into something uncool or ugly, they probably think you're no diffrent than the kids who thought painted chicks that Torchic was based on were disposable after they became adult chickens.

Besides, I think Gen 5 and 7 were special cases due to Wottergate and the final evolution model sheets leaking respectively. So far no clear images of the final (or middle) evolutions has (have) leaked so they probably don't have to do as much damage control this time.

Considering what has been said about starters (namely Blaziken), I wouldn't put it past them to usually not reveal the starters because they want people to pick the starter they like the most based on first stages alone and be surprised at what it turns into for better or for worse.
Ironically, basically nobody would be surprised by Blaziken since they showed it off in the anime before R/S came out.

I mean, if you box your starter based on how it looks after it evolves into something uncool or ugly, they probably think you're no diffrent than the kids who thought painted chicks that Torchic was based on were disposable after they became adult chickens.
The devs who introduced IVS, Natures, Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, and limited release 'mon with special moves don't exactly have a firm ground to stand on, there; they can't help but keep introducing stuff to encourage replacing your partners with better ones you get later through special mechanics.

The devs who introduced IVS, Natures, Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, and limited release 'mon with special moves don't exactly have a firm ground to stand on, there; they can't help but keep introducing stuff to encourage replacing your partners with better ones you get later through special mechanics.
I think this might be why they've started introducing mechanics like the Bottle Caps, Nature Mints, the Ability Patch, as well as adjusting the Egg Move requirements so that Egg Moves can be directly transferred from Pokemon of the same species. This way, you don't have to replace your partners you used throughout the game with new specially bred counterparts, there are other ways to make them competitively "viable" if you so choose. They even added a way to add Dynamax in SWSH, and there is reportedly a way to change Tera-Types as well.

Might be looking too deep into things, but there seems to be a deliberate trend from GF to have the games actually live up to the "values" and "lore" held by the characters in the games and anime, rather than maintain an amusing disconnect between how Pokemon are treated within its universe and how the game is actually played. If you ask me though, I don't think it will be that easy for them to change course, especially since players are already so used to the "competitive breeder" mindset.

Am I the only one who think Clavell is giving that Lusamine/Rose vibe? I'd be more surprised if he's actually not the main villain.

At this point I'll take pretty much anything from the next trailer, because it feels like GF actually hiring the leakers to promote the game.

I think this might be why they've started introducing mechanics like the Bottle Caps, Nature Mints, the Ability Patch, as well as adjusting the Egg Move requirements so that Egg Moves can be directly transferred from Pokemon of the same species. This way, you don't have to replace your partners you used throughout the game with new specially bred counterparts, there are other ways to make them competitively "viable" if you so choose. They even added a way to add Dynamax in SWSH, and there is reportedly a way to change Tera-Types as well.

Might be looking too deep into things, but there seems to be a deliberate trend from GF to have the games actually live up to the "values" and "lore" held by the characters in the games and anime, rather than maintain an amusing disconnect between how Pokemon are treated within its universe and how the game is actually played. If you ask me though, I don't think it will be that easy for them to change course, especially since players are already so used to the "competitive breeder" mindset.
Meanwhile shiny hunters breeding tens or even hundreds of pokemon to shove into a box If they arent a different color

Meanwhile shiny hunters breeding tens or even hundreds of pokemon to shove into a box If they arent a different color
In a way, all those new QOL features were meant to discourage that, since you can just turn any wild shiny Pokemon into your perfect competitive Pokemon instead of resorting to breeding.

Its just too bad that breeding is still the most efficient and least tedious way to get Shinies, although perhaps this might not be true for much longer if the leaks/rumors are to be believed.

After the trailer today, strongly starting to wonder if Paradox Pokémon are even real.

This is starting to feel like the One Piece.

Khu/Kaka got something wrong. While they got the name of Girafarig's evo right, they claimed that it would become pure Psychic when it actually keeps its previous form's Normal/Psychic typing.

So that was the picnic reveal, looks like a natural evolution from camping for the most part. I like the shift to third-person for the ball minigame, seems a bit more interactive.

Now that they've talked about finding eggs during picnics, I'm leaning more towards it being a bonus source of Pokemon eggs rather than a replacement for the daycare. Its just sort of glanced over casually in the trailer itself as well as the official website. If it was a major new system/feature, I think they would have given it more attention than that.

Back
Top Bottom