• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Yeah, this whole encrypted leak thing is just silly. I liked it when it was emoji that we could guess about, but… encrypted text that means nothing to anyone? It’s ridiculous.

it seems like if anything they may be hinting at a new Pokemon Presents for around Hallowe'en time, as there seems to be a reference to both Hallowe'en and the full moon, that would reveal something significant! maybe part of it is referencing Unown in Legends, which have been absent so far?? i don't think it is authentic for those reasons but those are my guesses!

it seems like if anything they may be hinting at a new Pokemon Presents for around Hallowe'en time, as there seems to be a reference to both Hallowe'en and the full moon, that would reveal something significant! maybe part of it is referencing Unown in Legends, which have been absent so far?? i don't think it is authentic for those reasons but those are my guesses!

The only possibility is October 28th or 29th then, since 30th and 31st are in the weekend.

At this point I think we can expect at least one trailer per month and we're getting to about the middle of October already so the next one is likely to be around the end of the month. So it's not like that would be a hard guess, really.

At this point I think we can expect at least one trailer per month and we're getting to about the middle of October already so the next one is likely to be around the end of the month. So it's not like that would be a hard guess, really.

I think 19th of October (This week might be unlikely due to Animal Crossing getting a Direct).

Maybe someone more familiar with this kind of encryption can correct me, but from what I'm finding, you can't just decrypt a hash like this- the idea is that you'd have to put the same text through the same function and check the hashes to see if they match.

And since little changes in text can result in a totally different hash (picture from Wikipedia)-
1633985580292.png
What's there to stop Centro from just saying "Oops that first hash had a typo when I encrypted it" and giving something with an entirely different hash? We couldn't prove them wrong.

DP lacked the Distotion World and that probably applies to BDSP.
I don't think that's necessarily a given for remakes- GS didn't have the Suicune plot, but they included it in HGSS.

Maybe someone more familiar with this kind of encryption can correct me, but from what I'm finding, you can't just decrypt a hash like this- the idea is that you'd have to put the same text through the same function and check the hashes to see if they match.

And since little changes in text can result in a totally different hash (picture from Wikipedia)-
What's there to stop Centro from just saying "Oops that first hash had a typo when I encrypted it" and giving something with an entirely different hash? We couldn't prove them wrong.

I don't think that's necessarily a given for remakes- GS didn't have the Suicune plot, but they included it in HGSS.

What should stop them is that the point of the hash is to prove that it wasn't a lucky guess so giving us a new one after the fact would defeat the purpose.

What should stop them is that the point of the hash is to prove that it wasn't a lucky guess so giving us a new one after the fact would defeat the purpose.
We know they’re not above just deleting claims that get proven wrong- why should they start holding themselves accountable now?

Maybe they changed their attitude? It’s unlikely, but it does happen.
Then vague tweets that promise they've gotten information from their unnamed sources that will only be verified after information has already been confirmed to the public is the worst way to go about it.

We know they’re not above just deleting claims that get proven wrong- why should they start holding themselves accountable now?
Does it really matter? You're just jumping ahead to a possible outcome that hasn't even happened yet.

At this point, I don't think Centro has done anything wrong? Yeah, I've seen them delete claims that get proven wrong- I've also seen them say that they're deleting them so they don't spread anymore. That's actually pretty responsible behavior for an account that's centered around gathering and sharing leaks.

Then vague tweets that promise they've gotten information from their unnamed sources that will only be verified after information has already been confirmed to the public is the worst way to go about it.
I don't think they're doing anything wrong with that either. It's just like Pixelpar's doodle tweet teases for Let's Go- not particularly informative, but fun to speculate on and better than nothing.

Maybe someone more familiar with this kind of encryption can correct me, but from what I'm finding, you can't just decrypt a hash like this- the idea is that you'd have to put the same text through the same function and check the hashes to see if they match

Technically, there's a way to "decrypt" this kind of hash: by trying all the combinations until an exact match is found. But I don't think anyone would want to do that to a dubious-at-best-leaker's post and that's why this supposed leak is just ludicrous. We shall see what they've got when the time comes, but I won't hold my breath to it.

I don't know, but the purpose of a leaker should be that of releasing informations before the official announcements.
Stating that they know something and posting an encripted code that will be revealed after an official announcement is not leaking material, It's just them flexing cause they (apparently) know something.
Considering they will not reveal the actual informations and that we have to wait for the official announcements anyway, I suggest to stop caring about them cause they are only looking for attention.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom