• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

AAcjb7AACdKF.jpg

Hisui forms?

Does it really matter? You're just jumping ahead to a possible outcome that hasn't even happened yet.
It's an outcome similar to others that have already happened.

Here they are claiming that a leak that promised an "Arceus episode" was actually an understatement referring to Legends Arceus-

Here they are saying that, when they said "Let's Go is not dead. It will likely come back in the future, maybe in a much different way than you're expecting.", what they actually meant was that BDSP would be made by a different company. (Even though they said DP remakes wouldn't be a Let's Go-style game, and they aren't...)

Sure, maybe this time Lucy won't pull the football away, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect this outcome.
At this point, I don't think Centro has done anything wrong? Yeah, I've seen them delete claims that get proven wrong- I've also seen them say that they're deleting them so they don't spread anymore. That's actually pretty responsible behavior for an account that's centered around gathering and sharing leaks.
Well, they still haven't deleted their multiple tweets promising Detective Pikachu in 2021, the tweet promising Dada Zarude and its film in the west in June 2021 (which came after an October 2020 tweet promising the west event was "really soon"), the claim that a new Switch version would be announced May 27, and then, a few hours later, the claim that it would be announced before E3, accompanied by the claim that the current Switch model would be discontinued, replaced with the OLED model, or a BDSP trailer "coming soon, possibly before E3" in June, They've also never issued corrections on any of these, and with several of them, they didn't keep to their "We always explicitly mention in our tweets if they include unconfirmed information" policy. (For example, the Switch being discontinued is "specifically mentioned" and "breaking", but not "unconfirmed")

Most of the time when they delete these posts, it's the ones with silly, obvious reasons why they were fake in the first place. ("Kelios confirmed they were just speculating", "Kelios said they just liked the tweets because the idea was fun, not because Regizap is an actual leaker", "This shot was already in the trailer") With the Animal Crossing one, it wasn't until someone else @ed them about it that they admitted to it. (I saw some references to deleting misinformation as SwSh was being datamined, but that was people publicly datamining a released game, not insider leaks)

And when their claims aren't coming from another "Poke Insider" account like Kelios, they tend to mention the source in a separate tweet, or skip it entirely if it's from 4Chan. Best example is this tweet, with the rumor getting ten times as many likes as the source.
1634032385601.png

Funny enough, they later said that Emily Rogers was doing it as a joke when someone asked about it. Some confusion probably could have been avoided if they included their source in the tweet for people to see.

It's not the only one, though- there's this tweet summarizing PracticalBrush's leak, which gets twice as much traction as the one giving credit, and they even do it with memes, getting thirty times the likes on a post as the tweet crediting the person making it.

I don't know, but the purpose of a leaker should be that of releasing informations before the official announcements.
Stating that they know something and posting an encripted code that will be revealed after an official announcement is not leaking material, It's just them flexing cause they (apparently) know something.
Considering they will not reveal the actual informations and that we have to wait for the official announcements anyway, I suggest to stop caring about them cause they are only looking for attention.
It's not like leakers are obligated to provide us with straight forward information, especially since leaking is generally illegal at worst and grounds for getting fired at best- those more afraid of repercussions are bound to be more likely to leak things cryptically. And a leak tease at least is fodder for speculation and hype food for a hungry fanbase, so it's not exactly nothing.

It's an outcome similar to others that have already happened.

Here they are claiming that a leak that promised an "Arceus episode" was actually an understatement referring to Legends Arceus-

Here they are saying that, when they said "Let's Go is not dead. It will likely come back in the future, maybe in a much different way than you're expecting.", what they actually meant was that BDSP would be made by a different company. (Even though they said DP remakes wouldn't be a Let's Go-style game, and they aren't...)

Sure, maybe this time Lucy won't pull the football away, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect this outcome.

Well, they still haven't deleted their multiple tweets promising Detective Pikachu in 2021, the tweet promising Dada Zarude and its film in the west in June 2021 (which came after an October 2020 tweet promising the west event was "really soon"), the claim that a new Switch version would be announced May 27, and then, a few hours later, the claim that it would be announced before E3, accompanied by the claim that the current Switch model would be discontinued, replaced with the OLED model, or a BDSP trailer "coming soon, possibly before E3" in June, They've also never issued corrections on any of these, and with several of them, they didn't keep to their "We always explicitly mention in our tweets if they include unconfirmed information" policy. (For example, the Switch being discontinued is "specifically mentioned" and "breaking", but not "unconfirmed")

Most of the time when they delete these posts, it's the ones with silly, obvious reasons why they were fake in the first place. ("Kelios confirmed they were just speculating", "Kelios said they just liked the tweets because the idea was fun, not because Regizap is an actual leaker", "This shot was already in the trailer") With the Animal Crossing one, it wasn't until someone else @ed them about it that they admitted to it. (I saw some references to deleting misinformation as SwSh was being datamined, but that was people publicly datamining a released game, not insider leaks)

And when their claims aren't coming from another "Poke Insider" account like Kelios, they tend to mention the source in a separate tweet, or skip it entirely if it's from 4Chan. Best example is this tweet, with the rumor getting ten times as many likes as the source.

Funny enough, they later said that Emily Rogers was doing it as a joke when someone asked about it. Some confusion probably could have been avoided if they included their source in the tweet for people to see.

It's not the only one, though- there's this tweet summarizing PracticalBrush's leak, which gets twice as much traction as the one giving credit, and they even do it with memes, getting thirty times the likes on a post as the tweet crediting the person making it.

XD ...alright so, they're not great at the fake leak clean up or giving credit to their sources. Definitely not an A+ source for leaks.

Still, I wouldn't fret about whether they might do anything with the hash code- if they do, like I said, it'd defeat their own purpose of trying to prove themselves legit.

Meh, in the interest of taking some idle guesses--

Arm baby or fighting baby... maybe a new evo for Tyrogue or Meditite, but seeing as Mega Medicham exists, it'd be an awkward choice.

It's hard to imagine the kimono ghost as anything other than Froslass. New evo maybe? Ice warden?

Butterfly moon- maybe a moon variant or counterpart for Volcarona. Or it's referring to one of the moths- like Dustox, which hasn't been seen yet, to my knowledge. We do still have the mystery of Wurmple's extra yellow horn.

And I think people are probably on the money with D22 being either December 22nd or December 2022.

Last edited:
Well a trend with the Hisuian pokemon (so far) is that they retain some of their previous elements, so if you're right, it'd be Electric/Grass or Grass/Electric Voltorb. Intresting.

So far, but we only have the two examples and we know that regional variants don't have to retain their previous elements at all.
I think I'd like to see it without the Electric-type, personally. Electric seems more tied in with it deriving from modern pokeball machinery.

Would be really cool if they were to show us Voltorb before it possessed any pokeballs... rather than Voltorb when it possessed old-fashioned pokeballs.

Technically Voltorb being in Hisui would go against some of its Pokedex entries that state it first appeared in a Pokeball manufacturing plant, and these Pokeballs definitely don't seem mass produced. However it's not impossible for that to be simply... Retconned.
Also Voltorb doesn't possess a Pokeball, it just happens to look just like one.

It's not like leakers are obligated to provide us with straight forward information, especially since leaking is generally illegal at worst and grounds for getting fired at best- those more afraid of repercussions are bound to be more likely to leak things cryptically.
They’ve never had this attitude with any of their past claims, though, and they claim that they’re not the ones working on these games, but that they have their own sources sending them info. So according to them, they’ve already received this info in a more direct form from someone more likely to experience consequences.
XD ...alright so, they're not great at the fake leak clean up or giving credit to their sources. Definitely not an A+ source for leaks.

Still, I wouldn't fret about whether they might do anything with the hash code- if they do, like I said, it'd defeat their own purpose of trying to prove themselves legit.
Like I said earlier, they clearly had no issue twisting past claims to claim they were proven right- it’d be no trouble to do the same again.

Technically Voltorb being in Hisui would go against some of its Pokedex entries that state it first appeared in a Pokeball manufacturing plant, and these Pokeballs definitely don't seem mass produced. However it's not impossible for that to be simply... Retconned.
Also Voltorb doesn't possess a Pokeball, it just happens to look just like one.
A retcon without a retcon would simply be stating that the Kanto version was first discovered in a pokeball manufacturing plant.

And it could very well be possessing a pokeball, given where it was found and what is said about its components not being natural. All they really say about it, though, is that they are a mystery.

They’ve never had this attitude with any of their past claims, though, and they claim that they’re not the ones working on these games, but that they have their own sources sending them info. So according to them, they’ve already received this info in a more direct form from someone more likely to experience consequences.

Like I said earlier, they clearly had no issue twisting past claims to claim they were proven right- it’d be no trouble to do the same again.
Their source is the one who told them to be cryptic, and that's who I was referring to in regards to possibly being afraid of repercussions. Though if they're legit and Centro went against their wishes, they would also suffer the consequences of losing the trust of a credible source.

And again, they could make that claim, but trying to make it with a new hash provided after the fact wouldn't serve to prove anything anyway. They would at least have to give us the key to decrypt the original hash to see what it said, regardless, or their "proof" just doesn't work at all.

Their source is the one who told them to be cryptic, and that's who I was referring to in regards to possibly being afraid of repercussions. Though if they're legit and Centro went against their wishes, they would also suffer the consequences of losing the trust of a credible source.
They never said their source asked them to be cryptic, though?
And again, they could make that claim, but trying to make it with a new hash provided after the fact wouldn't serve to prove anything anyway. They would at least have to give us the key to decrypt the original hash to see what it said, regardless, or their "proof" just doesn't work at all.
Not how this works. You can’t decrypt this hash, you can only re-encrypt it. Centro will later share the text of what the message was, and running it back through the encryption should return the same hash. Since there’s no way to prove what the original message was beyond just guessing it, as Esiouqrut explained, Centro could just write a new message that would return a different hash, and say that the original encrypted message had a typo or different wording.

A retcon without a retcon would simply be stating that the Kanto version was first discovered in a pokeball manufacturing plant.
I was gonna say, any existing dex entries only refer to the variants we've seen. A Hisuian Voltorb being discovered a hundred years before a Kantonian one seems perfectly in line with everything we know.

Let's not forget that the purpose of Voltorb (and Foongus) is to be a Mimic from more traditional RPGs. It's like the trick item boxes in Mario Kart. So it kind of depends on if they want this game to trick you into a battle like that, if items still appear as Pokeballs in the overworld (or barring that, they just want to trick you into picking up a stray Pokeball), and if they do, they kind of need a new variant because otherwise their Mimic looks like a modern item.

They never said their source asked them to be cryptic, though?

Not how this works. You can’t decrypt this hash, you can only re-encrypt it. Centro will later share the text of what the message was, and running it back through the encryption should return the same hash. Since there’s no way to prove what the original message was beyond just guessing it, as Esiouqrut explained, Centro could just write a new message that would return a different hash, and say that the original encrypted message had a typo or different wording.

They actually did say that-

And alright, however it's supposed to work, their proof fails if they can't match the original hash, regardless.

Assuming this is the same Chinese riddler (which, how can we know for sure?), they were such a tremendous source in the past that this could be fun to speculate on— and probably where Centro got the idea, they probably hang out on the same Chinese forum.

Voltorb/Electrode forms don’t seem unlikely, I personally think new forms/evos for the starters are very likely (as others have noted, we haven’t seen an evolved starter, even when it would make sense, they appear to be concealing them). What’s interesting here is Piplup.

I’ve always thought Project Pochama was very peculiar, considering that Project Eevee was the lead up to LGPE. We know that Project Eevee was their attempt to boost the already popular Eevee’s popularity so that it could function as a secondary mascot to Pikachu. Project Pochama seems to be the same idea, but we’ve got two Sinnoh games coming up and neither seems to put Piplup as front and center as something like LGPE.

If this means anything, I’d suspect that it’s something special for Piplup itself— not its evolutions. Similar to the nonevolving G-Max Pikachu/Eevee/Meowth— perhaps the game features some nonevolving Piplup with a burst mode or some other new mechanic? Just spitballing.

Last edited:
We’ve seen Piplup and Empoleon in the game, so I don’t get what could involve Piplup unless a brand new feature involving special variants is revealed.

Which would make sense to have rare variants in a game where research is a main focus. But I don’t really get what it could be.

Assuming this is the same Chinese riddler (which, how can we know for sure?), they were such a tremendous source in the past that this could be fun to speculate on— and probably where Centro got the idea, they probably hang out on the same Chinese forum.

Voltorb/Electrode forms don’t seem unlikely, I personally think new forms/evos for the starters are very likely (as others have noted, we haven’t seen an evolved starter, even when it would make sense, they appear to be concealing them). What’s interesting here is Piplup.

I’ve always thought Project Pochama was very peculiar, considering that Project Eevee was the lead up to LGPE. We know that Project Eevee was their attempt to boost the already popular Eevee’s popularity so that it could function as a secondary mascot to Pikachu. Project Pochama seems to be the same idea, but we’ve got two Sinnoh games coming up and neither seems to put Piplup as front and center as something like LGPE.

If this means anything, I’d suspect that it’s something special for Piplup itself— not its evolutions. Similar to the nonevolving G-Max Pikachu/Eevee/Meowth— perhaps the game features some nonevolving Piplup with a burst mode or some other new mechanic? Just spitballing.

A G-Max Piplup would make the most sense... to me anyway. While not revealed, I feel Legends over BDSP will have Dynamax since it is a Gen 8 game.

A G-Max Piplup would make the most sense... to me anyway. While not revealed, I feel Legends over BDSP will have Dynamax since it is a Gen 8 game.
I don't think that'll be likely unless Sinnoh also has fragments of Eternatus somehow. And considering how Legends won't have competitive play, and how battles don't involve a screen change, Dynamax would be extremely out of place and operate very awkwardly. Like... way too awkwardly.

Admittedly, I can't find the original post nor a translation, but I'm seeing people on r/pokeleaks say that this is actually originally from the Chinese Riddler, saying that Centro took their leak without crediting them. (Image taken from this tweet.)

1634083551806.png

(That clown emoji definitely makes me think it's saying something rude about Centro, though, although they claim it's in support of them)

PokeJungle is also reporting that the claim about regional Voltorb/Electrode originates with the Chinese Riddler. (Although they don't link to the riddler's posts- they say they have a policy of not linking to them- and I don't recall them being especially reliable)

Someone also had these screencaps of tweets from them saying it was starter evos-
1634083829102.png
I can't find these archived anywhere, but there is a chain of three deleted tweets, followed by someone asking "which starters?" and them replying "Legends", so I think the screencaps are real, at least.

Contradicting their earlier claim that they were specifically told to be cryptic by their one source, Centro is now claiming they kept it to just vague hints to see if their multiple sources would match up.

(And also, bizarrely, claiming that every one of their leaks is original...? And that nobody else was leaking DP remakes this year?)

I think if this really is the Chinese Riddler returning, it's definitely worth another look at, but it'd probably be best to look at the original leaks if they can be found- less information getting twisted through internet telephone. (I'd especially like to know if the claim that they're LoA starter evos came from them- I just don't see how any of the starters could evolve into a moth...)

EDIT: Oh, here's something adding to the point that the Chinese Riddler did this first-

Tweet's from October 2, before Centro's tweet about the Voltorb line.

LegacyPSK isn't claiming to be a leaker, they're attributing this to the Chinese leaker, so it definitely seems like that's where this started.

Second edit: Google translate of the post from ReasonableDriver9 on reddit:
Let's look at a thing he [Centro] posted recently: Does he know what this is? The answer may be very hilarious. He is translating this picture. As for what it is, you can look forward to his future explanation. Then you will experience and feel what it is, oh yes, it has been posted recently. The hash string proves that he is not a clown and in the eyes of overseas fans, it [the leak] is from himself~

Google translate's not the most reliable, of course, but this definitely doesn't seem like a supportive comment.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom