• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

River otter spirits: In Japanese, otters are called "kawauso" (獺、川獺). In Japanese folklore, they fool humans in the same way as foxes (kitsune) and tanuki.
37fd8c64e7211e6317e03a48c4edbe46e9a03c47_hq.gif

Ooo- Interesting, if this connection means something perhaps Water Dark evolution? (Although we do already have that type combo with a starter but that didn't stop fire fighting.)
Another combo might also work but i cant think of one off the top of my head.

Centro decided to go ahead and elaborate. Don't shoot me for posting it please.

I know not to take them very seriously but I do hope they're right about DLC. When they posted all that I was honestly worried they were talking Gen 9 2022, which would just be way too much in the span of 24 months imo.

EDIT: They also just posted a new "unverified leak" that includes Hisuian Mewtwo so...lol. Doubt that.

Last edited:
We already know that regional variants can change type completely.
As I said, so far not in Legends Arceus.
If there is a Hisuian Voltorb and Electrode, they may lose the Electric-type entirely.
I don't see how you jumped to this conclusion. Braviary still retained half its typing, just not primary.

As I said, so far not in Legends Arceus.
And like I said, we only have two examples of Hisuian regional variants.

I don't see how you jumped to this conclusion.
Because that's how regional variants work.

Braviary still retained half its typing, just not primary.
It's a bird, of course it retained its Flying-type. The majority of bird pokemon are Flying-type, unless they can't fly, and even then they tend to have it.

Because of course standard evos retain their original type. Regional variants are the only ones that might change them entirely, and we only have two examples of those. Not enough to declare a trend.
We don't have any standard evos (other than branched evos), they are all regionals. And whether they evolve or not won't change anything, i.e., whether Hisuian Arcanine can evolve again.

Edit:
Okay, fair enough, then 4/5 is 80%. I was basing my statistic on 80%.
Actually since I'm not counting Kleavor, as it is a branched evo (rather than Hisuian Scizor), then it would be 3/4 so 75%.

Last edited:
Because of course standard evos retain their original type. Regional variants are the only ones that might change them entirely, and we only have two examples of those.
Not always- Azurill to Marill prior to Gen 6, Eevee to its evolutions, and Swablu to Mega Altaria if we count Megas.

Not that this means the Voltorb line is more likely to keep the Electric type as a result- even if we could assume a trend from this small pool, there's no reason all new variants have to follow it.

Well I’m glad that 2022 will have Legends DLC and not Gen 9. And I’m excited for new forms for Palkia and Dialga… with Gamefreak making Legends and not BDSP, I’m not surprised to see nothing new in BDSP and everything new in Legends.

So a Grass/Fighting owl fighter, a Water/Ghost or Water/Dark otter trickster, and… assumedly something Fire/Fairy for Cyndaquil but I have no clue still.

EDIT: Actually, badgers are also sometimes shapeshifter trickster yokai that wear people clothes, so I don’t know if saying that the otter wears a kimono (something samurai wore too) really means that they otter will be a trickster or yokai. So I don’t think that helps determine typing, unless the ghost emoji does end up meaning more than it being the last Chinese character in Samurott.

Last edited:
They also just posted a new "unverified leak" that includes Hisuian Mewtwo so...lol. Doubt that.
There’s no way they’d actually include a genetically engineered Pokémon in the Meiji era. That would get throw Mewtwo’s lore out of wack. If anything, it could be referring to a more direct descendent of Mew, and even then I doubt they’d call it Mewtwo.

Then again, the Galarian bird trio are also implied to be different Pokémon from their Kantonian counterparts despite TPC and Game Freak treating them as the same (having them occupy the same Pokédex slots), so…

Ok the only connection I have between Cyndaquil and the moon is that, in the Bamboo Cutter story (an extremely famous Japanese story, arguably the most famous thing involving the moon), Princess Kaguya asks for a legendary Chinese robe of the fire-rat as one of the five things she wants the princes to get.

It is a bit niche in terms of the overall story, but not really if you think about how extremely spot-on the “fire-rat” connection is, as well as it being a Chinese robe (and the leaker being Chinese, and already using something Chinese-specific as a clue with Samurott’s Chinese name).

Fans on Inuyasha know this as his red robe. It’s fireproof because it stems from the Chinese misinterpreting European asbestos robes, which were fireproof and and looked like they were made of animal hairs because of how asbestos looks.

Don’t ask me how this could help figure out a Hisuian Typhlosion. Wearing a fireproof robe made of its own flame quills? Samurott supposedly already will be wearing clothes, too. Lmao And the butterfly/moth??? No clue…

There’s no way they’d actually include a genetically engineered Pokémon in the Meiji era. That would get throw Mewtwo’s lore out of wack. If anything, it could be referring to a more direct descendent of Mew, and even then I doubt they’d call it Mewtwo.
Closest time they messed this up was in Conquest... Until Motonari indirectly confirmed it took place during the modern era.

Dialga and Palkia aren't getting any forms; this has been obvious since the BDSP boxart was revealed. Also, Primals aren't going to exist in any game without Mega Evolution.

DLC for Legends is a safe assumption that has been talked about for months by anyone who isn't desperate for a new generation just yet. No, you don't get to toss that in with baseless predictions.

Hisuian Mewtwo deserves all the mockery out there.

Last edited:
Don’t ask me how this could help figure out a Hisuian Typhlosion. Wearing a fireproof robe made of its own flame quills? Samurott supposedly already will be wearing clothes, too. Lmao And the butterfly/moth??? No clue…
I mean, it would work somewhat, sense you could consider Decidueyes cloak thing as clothes too, and i doubt the regional form/alt evolution will completely remove that factor, just change what clothing it looks like.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom