• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

View attachment 151109
Centro combined the Chinese images with “their own” for a “final” leak. They also separately “leaked” the existence of an Ursaring evo that you ride.

I’m so excited- it’s like it’s the SM leak season again!!! I assume the bottom right is Ursaring, which looks like a clown or something? Normal/Fairy? (Shrugs) And bottom left reminds me of Avalugg- new evolution that is a boat?

Who knows if any of this is real, but whatever! I’m loving the speculations and debates it creates!

Ghost lady in a robe - Hisuian Froslass (Impossible because we already saw regular Glalie and it makes no sense that Froslass gets a Hisuian form but her evolutionary relative does not)
Combined hearts - Hisuian Nidoran forms
Cactus - Hisuian Cacturne/Maractus
Snail - Hisuian Form and regional evo for Sliggoo
Aircraft carrier - Water/Steel type Hisuian form for Avalugg
Brown bear/sloth - Hisuian evolution for Vigoroth
Moonmoth - Fairy/Dark type Hisuian Form for Venomoth
Pokeball - Hisuian Voltorb (Makes no sense to me knowing Voltorbs lore)

Ghost lady in a robe - Hisuian Froslass (Impossible because we already saw regular Glalie and it makes no sense that Froslass gets a Hisuian form but her evolutionary relative does not)
Huh... didn't think about that. Maybe the Voltorb part is, with its lore, based on the old Pokéballs? Then, perhaps they acquired their modern form with the new Pokéball designs...

What I essentially mean is that Centro is unreliable, they're not putting effort in to fact-check or clarify their information, but they're like a leak funnel- same as this thread.
Sure, but nobody here is claiming to have their own secret sources.
Them reporting on it doesn't make it credible, but I don't think it can be automatically dismissed just because they reported it either. Being a garbage resource for leaks doesn't automatically make everything they say fake, any more than it would if it rolled out of 4chan.
I don’t think anyone’s saying a leak’s less likely because Centro reported on it- I think the issue is when it originates with Centro.

Sure, but nobody here is claiming to have their own secret sources.

I don’t think anyone’s saying a leak’s less likely because Centro reported on it- I think the issue is when it originates with Centro.
=/ Centro sucks hardcore at giving credit, though, so even the things that "originate" with them don't really- like the Chinese riddler hints. Their other image riddle hints that they gave recently were probably modeled off of some other leak they swiped. Which makes Centro kind of really annoying because it's like getting leaks from a toddler.

That would almost be like giving Glalie a mega but not frosslass... Wait
Yeah, I don't think it's that straight forward. Maybe a bigger form/evolution for Avalugg, but am aircraft carrier would be really out of place in hisui
They could very easily explain voltorb and electrode as other mimics

That would almost be like giving Glalie a mega but not frosslass... Wait

Yeah, I don't think it's that straight forward. Maybe a bigger form/evolution for Avalugg, but am aircraft carrier would be really out of place in hisui

They could very easily explain voltorb and electrode as other mimics

Mega Evolution isn't permanent (And yes, they should have given Frolass and Slowking a Mega as well), so its slightly different in my book.

I don’t trust Cento at all but their pinned Tweet claims Legends DLC for 2022 - that tweet saying Gen 9 comes first implies the release scheduled for next year is Legends, then Gen 9 then Legends DLC….sounds like more bs to me.
Though I don't trust Centro either, the idea of multiple games getting updates and being relevant at the same time isn't as far fetched to me as it seems. As we've seen with the great number of spin-offs, the current strategy of TPC seems to be to continuously and simultaneously provide Pokémon games and content in a variety of genres. The main series are also a part of this.

For example, BDSP and LGPE are officially main series games with their own experimental quirks that exist alongside the "true" version of that Generation. As has been noted, LA won't contain extensive online features and official battle tournaments will continue to be played on SwSh, thus co-existing and fulfilling different niches. Instead of focussing everything on a single new game that makes the ones that came before it virtually obsolete, it's much more profitable for Pokémon to diversify the main series games so that it can encapsulate different genres and target audiences at the same time. DLC is a smart way to capitalize on long term players and rekindle interest of those not playing.

I think we'll see this kind strategy more in the future as the lines between main series and spin off, and the beginning and end of Generations becomes more blurred. Of course they'll want to time the releases well so the games won't overshadow each other, but I think it's totally possible for DLC of LA to be released into Generation 9.

Legends is a Game Freak game and is being promoted like one despite having to share the limelight with BDSP, which are essentially setup games. The only viable precedent is the SwSh DLC, which was promoted pretty much like a third version. It wouldn't make sense to promote a new generation at the same time. Doing so in reverse order would be even weirder, and no, that isn't how spin-off games have been treated unless you count the mobile ones, which are in their own bubble and constantly get free updates.

If Game Freak and TPCi want Legends to succeed, not announcing a new generation a month after its release date might be a good idea. If they have any sense they should also realize that not everyone is going to rush over to buy BDSP and Legends right before drinking hot cocoa during that hypothetical February 27th announcement of an unrelated game, so padding out this genearation (with DLC) does indeed make sense. There are a lot of Pokemon players, but most have limited funds and/or interest.

Last edited:
Though I don't trust Centro either, the idea of multiple games getting updates and being relevant at the same time isn't as far fetched to me as it seems. As we've seen with the great number of spin-offs, the current strategy of TPC seems to be to continuously and simultaneously provide Pokémon games and content in a variety of genres. The main series are also a part of this.

For example, BDSP and LGPE are officially main series games with their own experimental quirks that exist alongside the "true" version of that Generation. As has been noted, LA won't contain extensive online features and official battle tournaments will continue to be played on SwSh, thus co-existing and fulfilling different niches. Instead of focussing everything on a single new game that makes the ones that came before it virtually obsolete, it's much more profitable for Pokémon to diversify the main series games so that it can encapsulate different genres and target audiences at the same time. DLC is a smart way to capitalize on long term players and rekindle interest of those not playing.

I think we'll see this kind strategy more in the future as the lines between main series and spin off, and the beginning and end of Generations becomes more blurred. Of course they'll want to time the releases well so the games won't overshadow each other, but I think it's totally possible for DLC of LA to be released into Generation 9.

And also noteworthy is that it would be months between the release of Legends and Gen 9- DLC for Legends could happen within that time frame. Snap received free DLC just months after being released. Legends DLC wouldn't have to be anything huge or require a new part of the map, if it's free, it could just involve new content in an already existing area. Maybe even just next gen promotion.

And also noteworthy is that it would be months between the release of Legends and Gen 9- DLC for Legends could happen within that time frame. Snap received free DLC just months after being released. Legends DLC wouldn't have to be anything huge or require a new part of the map, if it's free, it could just involve new content in an already existing area. Maybe even just next gen promotion.
Exactly. Take Animal Crossing as an example- they did monthly updates for a while because they clearly were made to release the game before it was finished. Especially if Gen 9 is coming winter 2022, and with the very strange release date for Legends, Gamefreak is likely being made to release this game before it is ready.

Nothing against Gamefreak here- the pandemic has negatively affected game development across all companies for a long time now. But these companies, Gamefreak included, probably have requirements in their contracts for release that don’t just disappear because of the pandemic.

Exactly. Take Animal Crossing as an example- they did monthly updates for a while because they clearly were made to release the game before it was finished. Especially if Gen 9 is coming winter 2022, and with the very strange release date for Legends, Gamefreak is likely being made to release this game before it is ready.

Nothing against Gamefreak here- the pandemic has negatively affected game development across all companies for a long time now. But these companies, Gamefreak included, probably have requirements in their contracts for release that don’t just disappear because of the pandemic.

I hate that "forced to release it before it's done" idea, just because people always tout that as the reason why a game doesn't live up to their own personal standards, or why new content gets added at a later date. I don't think that's often the case. Many MMOs add new stuff all the time and you wouldn't call them unfinished- I think it's just the day and age where more game developers are taking advantage of the ability to update post-release to fix bugs and add new content to keep their games relevant for a longer period of time.

To me, it was exciting that Snap released some new courses, because I had already plowed through the original content and basically done everything. And the fact that the DLC seemed to imply that more could be coming is even more exciting, because then I would have a reason to pick it up and play again in the future. I don't know why people seem to believe that adding more content to a game after it's released is a bad thing and proof that it wasn't finished from the start. Can't more just be more?

More can of course just be more, but that is definitely not how it was for Animal Crossing (slowly adding basic features post-launch that most expected to be in the game at-launch).

That also likely was not the case for Snap, since promo for that game included a course that wasn’t in the game until the DLC dropped.

Legends DLC wouldn't have to be anything huge or require a new part of the map, if it's free, it could just involve new content in an already existing area. Maybe even just next gen promotion.
You're trying to reconcile two contradictory reports. Centro claimed no DLC when he "leaked" a 2022 release date for a new generation. None of his sources said what you're saying.

And a free expansion won't happen. This is Game Freak.

You're trying to reconcile two contradictory reports. Centro claimed no DLC when he "leaked" a 2022 release date for a new generation. None of his sources said what you're saying.

And a free expansion won't happen. This is Game Freak.

I am aware, but Centro's info comes from mixed and questionable sources, and I just meant that if both DLC and a Gen 9 release were to happen in 2022, there is still ample time before a November release for there to be some DLC. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.

And I said DLC, not an expansion. Expansions are reasonably more expensive because they offer much more content. But that doesn't bar a small free update from happening, like they've already done by giving players a Galarian Slowpoke and expanding the pokemon allowed in Galar. They could implement a small new area or event ahead of Gen 9. Especially since Legends' map seems large and open enough to just drop something new in it, it wouldn't really need to be expanded.

Could be a Reliable leak

Attachments

• 9CB3C991-35B6-494A-959E-FB91F62EEE73.jpeg
    9CB3C991-35B6-494A-959E-FB91F62EEE73.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 100
This sort of makes sense. I wouldn't mind any of this! Is this leaker reliable, though? The Arceus discussion page had discussed Centro's authenticity for a while.
RuffledRowlit suggested this is a reliable leak, and I do tend to believe him. He said one of the leaked info in this tweet ( he didn’t specify which one) is true as it came from his own (another) reliable leaker. Which means this tweet is possibly true.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom