• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Oh meant to comment on this- yeah, the moment I saw RuffledRowlit's name, I kinda cringed. As far as I know, RuffledRowlit has a worse track record than Centro of reporting on fake leaks. He's incredibly friggin' gullible.
He didn’t leak anything though and never claimed the Ball guy is “real”, he just thought it’s possible. Anyways, we’ll know soon.

Last edited:
He didn’t leak anything though and never claimed the Ball guy is “real”, he just thought it’s possible. Anyways, we’ll know soon.
I know he's not leaking or making any claims, but I'm just saying that he is hella damn gullible, I wouldn't trust his judgement on anything.

RDT_20211020_1018388275513973277492040.png

Reminder that you're supposed to debunk "leaks" until there's reasonable doubt left that they could be real, not assume they're real and then try to prove it.

We only know about two Hisuian forms. Why expect nearly as many as Alola and Galar had? In fact, Galar only had 14 prior to the DLC.

Reminder that you're supposed to debunk "leaks" until there's reasonable doubt left that they could be real, not assume they're real and then try to prove it.

We only know about two Hisuian forms. Why expect nearly as many as Alola and Galar had? In fact, Galar only had 14 prior to the DLC.
I don't think there's reason at this point to not consider the possibility of there being that many? It'd actually feel kind of weird if there wasn't at least a minimum of ten- that's roughly five evolution families worth, if not less.

I mean yeah, definitely we should be trying to debunk them, but reasonable numbers aren't particularly debunkable.

I actually expect MORE regional variants in this game than SM and SwSh, since this is being treated like a brand-new region, and a very big part of the brand is discovering new designs and Pokemon during exploration of new lands. There are almost certainly no brand new lines of Pokemon (except maybe a new legendary or something), so I expect them to 'make up' for that with more variants.

Thinking about it, 3 or 6 of the starter designs (I'm assuming 6, since suddenly changing in the final stage feels weird) will be regional variants, already cutting into the total amount the player will 'discover' during exploration.

I actually expect MORE regional variants in this game than SM and SwSh, since this is being treated like a brand-new region, and a very big part of the brand is discovering new designs and Pokemon during exploration of new lands. There are almost certainly no brand new lines of Pokemon (except maybe a new legendary or something), so I expect them to 'make up' for that with more variants.

Thinking about it, 3 or 6 of the starter designs (I'm assuming 6, since suddenly changing in the final stage feels weird) will be regional variants, already cutting into the total amount the player will 'discover' during exploration.

I have to disagree about there being no brand new lines of pokemon. There's really no reason to make that assumption, considering we have species like Basculin and Braviary present and having apparently left over time. If pokemon from Unova can be found in Hisui, why wouldn't an entirely new undiscovered pokemon be found as well?

I have to disagree about there being no brand new lines of pokemon. There's really no reason to make that assumption, considering we have species like Basculin and Braviary present and having apparently left over time. If pokemon from Unova can be found in Hisui, why wouldn't an entirely new undiscovered pokemon be found as well?
I think the only reason is that it would have a strange implication. Pokemon like Basculin still live on in Unova, and variants like Growlithe still live (albeit in a different form) in other regions, but introducing a brand new line leaves players and fans to think "oh wow this Pokemon is just dead nowadays".

They could still do it, and then have it live in the Gen 9 region or something, but there would still be that time period before Gen 9 where everyone is left to think it's just dead. Not even a fossil Pokemon able to be revived... just dead.

But fossil Pokémon are already a thing so there’s already extinction in the Pokémon universe

edit to add: just because there hasn’t been fossil equivalents of new Legends Pokémon in previous games doesn’t mean there couldn’t be in future games.

Last edited:
I think the only reason is that it would have a strange implication. Pokemon like Basculin still live on in Unova, and variants like Growlithe still live (albeit in a different form) in other regions, but introducing a brand new line leaves players and fans to think "oh wow this Pokemon is just dead nowadays".

They could still do it, and then have it live in the Gen 9 region or something, but there would still be that time period before Gen 9 where everyone is left to think it's just dead. Not even a fossil Pokemon able to be revived... just dead.

No more strange than "implying" that a variant and evolution are "dead" in modern times. Fans jumping to a dumb conclusion shouldn't be reason to not include entirely new pokemon in the game.

This doesn't make it any more or less likely but, i would like to note that if we did get a new (regular) Pokemon, i do believe it would be the first non-mythical/legendary Pokemon to be introduced mid generation (Not counting megas). Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Edit: I now realize the new evolutions also count as that, still, the first completely new evolution line to be added mid generation.

Last edited:
This doesn't make it any more or less likely but, i would like to note that if we did get a new (regular) Pokemon, i do believe it would be the first non-mythical/legendary Pokemon to be introduced mid generation (Not counting megas). Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Edit: I now realize the new evolutions also count as that, still, the first completely new evolution line to be added mid generation.
Oh, I think you're right actually! That's definitely a line we haven't crossed yet- though Pokemon has been making sure to cross like every line since Gen 6, so it might as well happen now if not later. XD

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom