• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Nowdays the only purpose of mythical pokemon is to make movies about them. Otherwise they have been litterally unuseful gifts since gen 6.
I just don’t get why they have to feel so out-of-place in regards to the region we first got to use them in. If they can’t fit the in-game world, then why are they in the games to begin with?

Nowdays the only purpose of mythical pokemon is to make movies about them. Otherwise they have been litterally unuseful gifts since gen 6.
I think it goes well beyond movies- the purpose is just for promotion. That's why Let's Go got its own mythical... and hell, Manaphy was really to promote Ranger, that's why we got two "mews" in Gen 4. I heavily suspect that BDSP and Legends will each have their own mythical, and at this point I really don't mind it. Not like they hurt anything anyway, and not being too useful is kind of to their benefit because it helps toe the line of essential paywall- no one really needs them, so no one really has to buy whatever they come in, but they still serve as temptation to.

i guess, this is probably the one time there will be a hint for new Pokemon with a reveal to follow; i am going to guess it is Glameow and Purugly!! i can't remember seeing either of them in any of the videos so far, but i also could have forgotten!

I don’t want legendary or mythical Pokémon, I’d rather have regular new Pokémon
Is this specifically for Legends Arceus or for all of Gen 8?

Wha? Volcanion and Marshadow are some of the coolest mythicals.

You literally want to know what Marshadow is? Marshadow is Machamp where, take its attack, and -5, then take its SpD, then +5. Then increase its speed and SpA so it's bst hits 600, then make it a different element, by adding /Ghost to it. That's how awesome Marshadow is.

Wha? Volcanion and Marshadow are some of the coolest mythicals.

You literally want to know what Marshadow is? Marshadow is Machamp where, take its attack, and -5, then take its SpD, then +5. Then increase its speed and SpA so it's bst hits 600, then make it a different element, by adding /Ghost to it. That's how awesome Marshadow is.

I don't care too much about stats but if we're comparing Marshadow to Machamp, I'll give it credit for being cuter. XD

Actually in general, I also prefer getting more regular pokemon, but if I had to pick between getting a mythical as promotion or getting nothing, I'll take the mythicals. It's the damn legendaries that I find more annoying if they give us more than a small handful. Gen 7 had many great new additions for regular pokemon but unfortunately over 30% of the dex was wasted on legendaries of some sort. Mythicals are fine, we get like one per whatever thing they're trying to sell where they can include them. But we don't need a million legendaries readily available in one game. It's obnoxious.

I don't care too much about stats but if we're comparing Marshadow to Machamp, I'll give it credit for being cuter. XD

Actually in general, I also prefer getting more regular pokemon, but if I had to pick between getting a mythical as promotion or getting nothing, I'll take the mythicals. It's the damn legendaries that I find more annoying if they give us more than a small handful. Gen 7 had many great new additions for regular pokemon but unfortunately over 30% of the dex was wasted on legendaries of some sort. Mythicals are fine, we get like one per whatever thing they're trying to sell where they can include them. But we don't need a million legendaries readily available in one game. It's obnoxious.
Actually, with mythicals and sometimes legendarys, GF are being more diverse with more elements lately having a bst of 600 or 680.

It was nice to finally have a Poison/* be bst-690. Sooner or later GF will make a Grass type with bst of 680. If they do, I hope it will be a plant than an animal.

Anyways, you don't have to consider UBs to be legendarys if you don't want to. The thing with the UBs in Gen 7 is they didn't look like Pokemon so that was nice to have for once.

Is this specifically for Legends Arceus or for all of Gen 8?
All next Gens. Don’t get me wrong, I love Mythicals and Legendary, especially the more cute/majestic ones. But, GF tend to make lots of them in expense of new Pokémon, which bothers me. I tend to only collect them and don’t normally use them in battles, I just think they’re too overpowered and doesn’t balance my team well. Also, I don’t care about stats, I choose my Pokémon based on theit design and cuteness.

Actually, with mythicals and sometimes legendarys, GF are being more diverse with more elements lately having a bst of 600 or 680.

It was nice to finally have a Poison/* be bst-690. Sooner or later GF will make a Grass type with bst of 680. If they do, I hope it will be a plant than an animal.

Anyways, you don't have to consider UBs to be legendarys if you don't want to. The thing with the UBs in Gen 7 is they didn't look like Pokemon so that was nice to have for once.

I do consider UBs to be legendaries. But I also, again, don't care about stats- I don't like having a ton of legendaries released in a generation. It's annoying, especially when it takes up over a quarter of the new dex.

I suppose the One Piece picture was Zoro for Zoroark, and the pink-haired person with Zoro because Zorua and Zoroark actually have a lot of pink on them (since it blends from white to red).

That bear is interesting. We all speculate its gonna be an Ursaring evolution, but Beartic is a possibility as well.... however, Spinda for Psychic type evolution.
It really wasn't so much speculation as it was that we were pretty much already told it's Ursaring from the same source that provided the images.

It really wasn't so much speculation as it was that we were pretty much already told it's Ursaring from the same source that provided the images.

But its not. Here is the problem: Every Pokemon that has been shown so far to get another evolution or is a Hisuian form, is a 2-stage or a base stage Pokemon Not counting Scizor, since it most likely doesn't exist in Legends, Scyther is a base stage - gets an additional evolution, Basculin and Stantler - base stage with additional evolution). Growlithe/Arcanine - 2 stage. Zorua/Zoroark - 2 stage. Braviary/Rufflet - 2 stages. Them having shown Enraged Ursaring makes me think its not Ursaring, since the enraged Part was only shown on FE Pokemon in the trailer, which means its likely Ursaring is a FE one. Spinda is the only bear Pokemon that is a base stage, the rest are 2 stage.

But its not. Here is the problem: Every Pokemon that has been shown so far to get another evolution or is a Hisuian form, is a 2-stage or a base stage Pokemon Not counting Scizor, since it most likely doesn't exist in Legends, Scyther is a base stage - gets an additional evolution, Basculin and Stantler - base stage with additional evolution). Growlithe/Arcanine - 2 stage. Zorua/Zoroark - 2 stage. Braviary/Rufflet - 2 stages. Them having shown Enraged Ursaring makes me think its not Ursaring, since the enraged Part was only shown on FE Pokemon in the trailer, which means its likely Ursaring is a FE one. Spinda is the only bear Pokemon that is a base stage, the rest are 2 stage.

Centro isn't reliable. The last leak you are showing is also already debunked by both Eclipse and Ball Guy (Both say DLC for Legends ain't happening).

BDSP had issues during development Thats why its unfinished a month before release (Here is the thing though, they are never gonna work on a game for finalization in the final month, because the copies need to be transfered worldwide, which means the releasdate needs to be pushed back).

Centro isn't reliable. The last leak you are showing is also already debunked by both Eclipse and Ball Guy (Both say DLC for Legends ain't happening).

BDSP had issues during development Thats why its unfinished a month before release (Here is the thing though, they are never gonna work on a game for finalization in the final month, because the copies need to be transfered worldwide, which means the releasdate needs to be pushed back).

I know they're unreliable, but why speculate that the bear is anything else when the images came from Centro?

Also I wouldn't call it "debunked" by Eclipse and Ball Guy- Eclipse doesn't have a good track record and Ball Guy is just some rando lying about being asian.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom