• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Interesting… a fourth force of nature that is fairy/flying and whose therian form is turtle-based (per comments in the linked Reddit thread above). I’m unsure what force of nature it could represent though?

I can’t believe I never realized the Therian forms were based on the four heavenly beasts, I’ve been anticipating the day when they’d use a couple as box mascots (and the other two in a Rayquaza/Giratina role)— they could certainly still do that as well of course, but I hadn’t realized they’d already used them at all.

Now that I think about it— I was about to remark that gee, Unova has a lot of Chinese influence between these and the Yin and Yang box mascots… but it’s more than that— I remember they said they wanted the starters to appeal to three different regions— Samurott to the Japanese, Emboar to the Chinese, and Serperior to the west and that they were designed accordingly.

But I’m just realizing this extends to the legendaries— you’ve got three groups following the same principle: the cover dragons follow the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang, the normal forms for this flying trio resemble the Japanese Fujin/Raijin, and the musketeers for the European influence.

Then B2W2 comes along and gives the Japanese trio new forms based on an originally Chinese concept like the heavenly beasts, turning this on its head a bit. Really interesting to think about.

Well guys, the latest announcement: If you've played Sword or Shield, then you can find Shaymin in Arceus!
I'm liking all of the little bonuses for having the other games they seem to be doing with the switch titles, i don't think they have really done that before (Not counting that one diamond and pearl feature with having a Gameboy game cartridge in the ds' other slot, or was that platinum?)

Last edited:
Well, it turns out buying a second-hand copy of Shield earlier this month was a good call, lol.

Also with LGPE, you can receive Pika/Eevee Mask (which honestly doesn't appeal to me).

Last edited:
The mask also doesn't appeal for me either, but i don't mind its in for people who it does appeal to.

For sure. I'm happy we get a lot of choices and people who likes Pika/Eevee have the chances to wear them. Besides it won't hinder my personal experience at all.
I just can't (don't have LGPE) and I won't even if I can.

It is kinda interesting how they specify Land Form in the announcement...

Also Alolan Vulpix is vaguely cloud-like.

That or it's not anything really new and it's just possible to get a shiny shaymin here. Shaymin's shiny colors are pretty close to ponyta's. And alolan Vulpix is a small furry white thing.

Last edited:
What I guessed was an Ice type Hisui Ponyta.
Some people on Twitter point out how they may correspond to the Crown Tundra Horses.
Well, couldn't be a Hisuian unless it's a post-game pokemon for some reason or we're wrong about one of the other hints. Khu said he hinted at all of the pokemon with the image riddles, aside from the ones that were already revealed at that point.

There won't be another Ponyta yet, they just did the Galarian form
Like there wouldn't be another Meowth yet, they just did the Alolan one? =P

Honestly disappointed by the seeming lack of Hisuian Meowth. Was really hoping for it to get every regional as its gimmick.

I'd rather not see it get a new form every game. Other generations need a chance to get more new forms.
They still could? Meowth getting new forms doesn't bar other pokemon from getting them. It's not like there's a new design cap, and we're usually way below the number released for Kanto and Unova.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom