• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I'm honestly just glad to see two Kalos mons (or line in Goodras case) get new stuff. Mostly sense it was my first game so nostalgia. One of them is my favorite Pokémon (Goodra) and another is a mon I had in my first gen 6 team (Avalugg). One weird thing about this though is that the potentiality of a regional form of a gen 7 Pokémon might be a gen or two closer than we realized.

Going by the rumors, isn't a Gen 7 mon already getting a variant in the form of Decidueye though?

As for the Indian elephant thing, if it's not a new Pokemon, I'm leaning towards Donphan variant

Good point.

By the way, which Pokémon have been listed by the leaker, the 17/7 part so to say?

Here's pretty much what's been deciphered from his hints and riddles-
For the record...

New Regional Forms

1. Growlithe
2. Arcanine
3. Braviary
4. Zorua
5. Zoroark
6. Voltorb
7. Electrode
8. Sneasel
9. Qwilfish
10. Avalugg
11. Sliggoo
12. Goodra
13. Decidueye
14. Typhlosion
15. Samurott
16. Arezu's Lady
17. Rufflet/Bergmite/Arezu's Lady's Prevo?

New Pokemon

1. Wyrdeer
2. Basculegon
3. Kleavor
4. Ursaring Evo
5. Hisuian Sneasel Evo
6. Hisuian Qwilfish Evo
7. Post-Game Pokemon (Shaymin?)

This confirms that there may be other new forms/evo not present in the riddles.
Or there is nothing new. Maybe Copperajah will be catchable to Hisui and Rose's ancestors will be there :ROFLMAO:
He specifically said that he had hinted at everything (sans the first five that were officially announced) with the image riddles, so it can't be that there's more.

Y'know I'm not surprised to hear the game gets grindy, you literally have to keep fighting/catching the same Pokémon to complete your pokedex there is like, no way to make that not a grind

Y'know I'm not surprised to hear the game gets grindy, you literally have to keep fighting/catching the same Pokémon to complete your pokedex there is like, no way to make that not a grind
At least the story sounds good if you opt to focus on just completing that and not the dex.

Though I wonder if dex completion might affect shiny odds. We do have the shiny ponyta and Alolan Vulpix hints that we haven't worked out yet. Maybe we can find shinies and variants in Hisui as part of our research.

Ah, more explanation of the grind. He made a few replies on it too, but I am on mobile so it's a bit of a pain to link them all.

Edit: Grabbed them anyway-

Soooooo... it does sound like it might be a bit tedious. =(

Yikes if this is true.

I will probably enjoy exploring the landscapes, especially if some new designs and soundtracks are good, but this could be a bit of a bummer.

Yikes if this is true.

I will probably enjoy exploring the landscapes, especially if some new designs and soundtracks are good, but this could be a bit of a bummer.

Oof- added a spoiler on those additional comments so they don't overload the pages so bad but yeah, I was hoping for some more interesting interactions with pokemon, heck I could stand having to fight them a few times, but not having to catch them like a LGPE2. Especially if you have to craft your own balls? That seems like it could be a pain.

Ah, more explanation of the grind. He made a few replies on it too, but I am on mobile so it's a bit of a pain to link them all.

Edit: Grabbed them anyway-

Soooooo... it does sound like it might be a bit tedious. =(

Yeah, this is exactly what I expected the game was going to be. So, I have already prepared myself. (By that i mean i went and 100% some big games to get used to tedious things.)

Well, we're tasked with creating the first Pokédex, so that's not really surprising.
I feel like it shouldn't have to be a grindy tedious thing needed to progress the game, though? Like studying pokemon can be more fun than having to catch the same thing a million times.

Hopefully it's not that bad, really. I mostly just want to explore and see the story and whatever additional lore they add.

Yeah, Ice-type Qwilfish and evo. The choices of names being ECI and then mentioning Inkay’s smile, with Inkay being the upside-down Pokémon line. It’s gotta be ice.

It honestly might be single-type Ice type, if the connection to Cursola is to also hint at mono-type.

Visually, we know Hisuian Qwilfish has longer spikes thanks to the BDSP telling of the tale mentioning a Qwilfish with very long spikes. I think Oriden is 100% right with ice spikes being it.

If it has a second type, it’s definitely not Water and is either either Steel (“knight”… although it would make Alolan Sandslash less unique so booooo) or Dark (“evil smile”, which would funnily, as someone already pointed out, ‘make up’ for the Sneasel line).

Would be sweet if Hisuian quilfish was ice/poison as that’s a type combo that’s yet to exist.

I feel like it shouldn't have to be a grindy tedious thing needed to progress the game, though? Like studying pokemon can be more fun than having to catch the same thing a million times.

Hopefully it's not that bad, really. I mostly just want to explore and see the story and whatever additional lore they add.
There's gotta be more to it. I mean we do have the Nobel's we probably have to calm down as we progress through the story.

From his comments, I assume that he mostly just did the catching part while there's another task he could do. Sure, studying Pokémon can be (and should be) more interesting, but this is GF's first attempt at something other than the Poké formula. IDK about their other project besides Pokémon, though. But if those have similar feeling to the previous games, than that makes this even more unsurprising.

The last tweet you linked also made me think of Snap, where there are certain requirements to photograph some moments (which someone could find tedious as well). If that's really the case, then it could be interesting.

Games are supposed to be fun, so let's hope the main shtick won't get boring quickly.
This certainly isn't the first nor the last game to have that kind of gimmick. For me it doesn't sound not fun, but I get that it might for some (though I can't say grinding is fun either).
So, yeah, let's hope for the best.

From his comments, I assume that he mostly just did the catching part while there's another task he could do. Sure, studying Pokémon can be (and should be) more interesting, but this is GF's first attempt at something other than the Poké formula. IDK about their other project besides Pokémon, though. But if those have similar feeling to the previous games, than that makes this even more unsurprising.

The last tweet you linked also made me think of Snap, where there are certain requirements to photograph some moments (which someone could find tedious as well). If that's really the case, then it could be interesting.

This certainly isn't the first nor the last game to have that kind of gimmick. For me it doesn't sound not fun, but I get that it might for some (though I can't say grinding is fun either).
So, yeah, let's hope for the best.
To be fair, GF shouldn't be excused for anything, if it doesn't turn out to be so good. They've got plenty of experience and funds. The core gameplay is also still roughly the same (catching/battling).

I...don't mind the possibility of having to actually study the Pokemon you catch (so comparing abilities, habitats, moves, forms, etc.) because I think that's something that is often overlooked in the game-play of most of the core titles. But... I'd rather it be done in more...immersive ways(?) than grinding in the grass and catching a bunch of the same Pokemon. From that Shinx screenshot, it seems like you don't actually have to catch a bunch of the same species to fulfill the dex requirements and can use the same Shinx you caught for the other tasks. But considering how big the pokedex may be in this game? That could quickly take a turn into a territory I'm not fond of.

Anyway, a 'privatised' video has been spotted on Youtube: The list for the Legends:Arceus trailers shows "2/3 videos", one being invisible.

Seeing how the last tuesday of the month has had a trailer since September started, coming tuesday might once again be the moment for it.

I...don't mind the possibility of having to actually study the Pokemon you catch (so comparing abilities, habitats, moves, forms, etc.) because I think that's something that is often overlooked in the game-play of most of the core titles. But... I'd rather it be done in more...immersive ways(?) than grinding in the grass and catching a bunch of the same Pokemon. From that Shinx screenshot, it seems like you don't actually have to catch a bunch of the same species to fulfill the dex requirements and can use the same Shinx you caught for the other tasks. But considering how big the pokedex may be in this game? That could quickly take a turn into a territory I'm not fond of.
Yeah, this is exactly how I feel about it. I know they're only just starting to wander into this territory but making it a catch-spam thing seems like playing it a bit too safe? Or just unimaginative? Like come on, guys, you handed Snap to Bandai and they got creative with the interactions in a game where you are limited to just playing music, running scans, and throwing two items.

Give pokemon dens that we can find and observe them in. Stuff to interact with. Witness things like zangoose and seviper duking it out, birds chasing bug pokemon around- not even complex stuff, really.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom