• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Where at?

Also, I initially thought that Voltorb line... maybe Grass/Fire would be cool, but then I saw Grass/Electric

Dang, got ninja'd
Right here-

It's kind of odd how non-regional forms can have regional evolutions now, while only regional forms could have regional evolutions in Galar.
Not really that odd. I think they were just highlighting it as an exciting new concept before. Kinda like how Gen 4 was all about gender differences and then it stopped being a big thing. Now it's an established concept and we're rolling back to regular pokemon receiving regular new evos and having both things be the new norm.

I don't think these new evos without regional variants will even be regional as in "only able to evolve in Hisui." I could see them trying to swing it as the reason we can't evolve into them in all the past games and future Gen 1-7 remakes, but I suspect that we'll probably be able to evolve Stantler into Wyrdeer in future games because oh wow Stantler just happen to be able to evolve in all of these other new regions, they must be similar to Hisui somehow, imagine that.

Otherwise we'd just be reverting back to Stantler that can't evolve or need to come up with new evos for it in every region it appears? That would quickly get either infuriating or insane.

Last edited:
Right here-

Not really that odd. I think they were just highlighting it as an exciting new concept before. Kinda like how Gen 4 was all about gender differences and then it stopped being a big thing. Now it's an established concept and we're rolling back to regular pokemon receiving regular new evos and having both things be the new norm.

Yeah, I don't mind the change, Gamefreak just loves to break some patterns now and then.

A new trailer can't come soon enough.

Yeah, I don't mind the change, Gamefreak just loves to break some patterns now and then.

A new trailer can't come soon enough.
I kinda love the pattern-breaking trend that they've been on since Gen 7... excluding the lack of a new eeveelution. That was a stupid pattern to break.

=I ...maybe the heartcloud mon is a Flying-type eeveelution that you can only get in post-game. Would hella beat getting a new Kami.

But breaking the "legendaries can't evolve" was a cool start, and then getting more pokemon mid-Gen, and then an evolving mythical, then they quickly stomped on "pokemon that received a regional variant can't receive another one" before we could even begin to confidently assume that was even a thing. So it's kinda been fun seeing them basically emphatically yelling "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" at us, because it's all too clear now that there are no rules. We could get a legit four stage evolution line one day. Maybe a way to turn Carbink into a Diancie. Who knows.

...blue Diancies evolved from Carbink should totally be a thing, Game Freak. Take notes.

Also. More eeveelutions. Come on.

Apparently this tweet was liked by Khu? (I don't know, just got it from r/PokeLeaks).

And they just posted an updated tweet with the typings.

(The account is a little NSFW, though)

Forces of Nature are a little surprising to me (forgive me if they were mentioned in a previous leak, I've been casually following) but it makes sense considering the Legendaries are based on Japanese Myths and thus would fit in Hisui's setting. I'm curious how they'll handle them since they have both Incarnate and Therian forms, will they make a regional form for both or just the former?

Forces of Nature are a little surprising to me (forgive me if they were mentioned in a previous leak, I've been casually following) but it makes sense considering the Legendaries are based on Japanese Myths and thus would fit in Hisui's setting. I'm curious how they'll handle them since they have both Incarnate and Therian forms, will they make a regional form for both or just the former?
Not a regional form, that's supposed to be a new fourth member to the trio.

Khu liking that tweet means little to nothing. However, I laughed out loud at Hisuian Basculin and immediately thought of how mad Oriden was going to be. It can’t be only Water type though… the whole main thing about regional variants is they have different typing.

I can see Hisuian Basculin being Water/Fighting since it seems like they really have it rough in the Hisuian waters since they keep dying.

Here are my 2 cents, ya'll are forgetting the new Elephant form which fits Donphan and that would make Maractus get the regional form. Or it could be Petilil gets an H-form and it evolves into a new Pokemon but the 7 new Pokemon are already accounted for, right? Maybe H-Qwilfish won't get an evo.

Oh and Khu said a baby Pokemon is getting something new but idk how that would fit here unless he counts Phanpy a baby Pokemon because Ash had a baby Phanpy that hatched from an egg.

Attachments

• Leak.png
    Leak.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Leak.png
    Leak.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Khu liking that tweet means little to nothing. However, I laughed out loud at Hisuian Basculin and immediately thought of how mad Oriden was going to be. It can’t be only Water type though… the whole main thing about regional variants is they have different typing.

I can see Hisuian Basculin being Water/Fighting since it seems like they really have it rough in the Hisuian waters since they keep dying.
That and the whole "Porygon family being available" detail is starting to make me doubt Khu ever so slightly, especially since before he claimed to have played the game he was reiterating the Chinese Riddler.

Here are my 2 cents, ya'll are forgetting the new Elephant form which fits Donphan and that would make Maractus get the regional form. Or it could be Petilil gets an H-form and it evolves into a new Pokemon but the 7 new Pokemon are already accounted for, right? Maybe H-Qwilfish won't get an evo.

Oh and Khu said a baby Pokemon is getting something new but idk how that would fit here unless he counts Phanpy a baby Pokemon because Ash had a baby Phanpy that hatched from an egg.
The baby riddle came from BallGuyLeaks who turned out to likely be Eclipse and is generally not trusted. Don’t believe the baby riddle.

No one has said anything about a new elephant form. The old Pokédex entry about Raichu taking down an Indian elephant will get expanded upon, but nothing about the meaning anything about new forms. Copperajah could be in Hisui, or at the very least a character could have one that gets electrocuted by Raichu at one point (the Galaxy Team’s building has Galarian Weezing references after all).

Porygon could be a part of the dex like how Persian and Cofagrigus are in SwSh, only without new forms.

Khu just posted a hint that makes it seem like we’re getting Tsareena instead of Lilligant.

I’m on my phone but… you’ll know it when you see it.

Raaaage

Him liking it does mean quite a bit, though. The guy rarely likes anything, and he mentioned that someone had guessed it all.

Though the person whose post he liked doesn't appear to have any other posts that would indicate insider info...

We're not forgetting anything. Khu said he had hinted at everything with the image riddles- there was no image riddle hint for a new elephant. So the elephant hint isn't for a new form or pokemon, it's got to be just for a change to the pokedex entry like when they changed the China references to "the East" for Arcanine's.

And Khu didn't hint at a baby. The most he ever mentioned a baby Hisuian was for a poll asking what people would like him to answer whether it was true or false. The 17+7 won and was confirmed to be true, but at this point it appears that the baby one was actually false.

Khu just posted a hint that makes it seem like we’re getting Tsareena instead of Lilligant.

I’m on my phone but… you’ll know it when you see it.

Eh, it can't be Tsareena because it wouldn't fit in the dex order. Even if we bumped it up so Bergmite got a variant, Goodra would be in a spot where it couldn't be considered "Goodra-line" getting them.

Plus...

Lilligant actually has long leaf "hair" in a closer shape to that than Tsareena's.
And Khu trying to explain what a variant of a pokemon looks like doesn't mean that the original form of the pokemon looks incredibly close to it.

I think it's also worth noting that Lilligant's Japanese name actually has "lady" in it, whereas Tsareena is a "queen."
And that image is also of Lady Gaga so we're really driving the Lady point home.

I don't remember when Khu's getting more prominent, but this Kurage guy's said some things like Ursaring's evo and H-Sneasel since September.
Aaaah, I didn't see those. All of their other posts sounded utterly clueless.

...gawd if that means Water-type Hisuian Basculin is legit... what the fuck, Game Freak. Literally, what the fuck.
People think Meowth getting more forms would detract from other pokemon getting them? Well here's redundant same-type form #3 for Unova's ugly fish.

Aww, can't say I'm surprised, but somewhat disappointed if catching Arceus is explicitly a goal instead of only an optional part of the story. I guess depending on how it's pulled off I may still be able to find ways around it for other purposes, but still...

No, we're definitely confident on the Sneasel evo being a thing-

I suspect that the Alolan Vulpix hint was saying that the other regional forms will be available in Legends somehow.

What i am saying is a Hisuian Sneasel not making a lot of sense with Weavile in the game (Unless Weavile also gets regional form, which defeats the purpose for a new Sneasel evolution imo). A Sneasel evo can still be happening as a split evo though.

So regular Sneasel/Weavile + Split Evo.

What i am saying is a Hisuian Sneasel not making a lot of sense with Weavile in the game (Unless Weavile also gets regional form, which defeats the purpose for a new Sneasel evolution imo). A Sneasel evo can still be happening as a split evo though.

So regular Sneasel/Weavile + Split Evo.
That doesn't match the hint, though. What Persian and Cofagrigus have in common is that their pre-evolutions have regional variants with entirely different evolutions that replace them. Therefor, Weavile must have a regional variant pre-evolution (Sneasel) whose evolution replaces Weavile. That's the only way that hint makes sense, or else the hint would have been something to do with the Slowpoke line, who actually represents the scenario that you're suggesting.

The Galar pokedex had Persian in it despite Galarian Meowth evolving into Perrserker, so I think the conclusion we can draw here is that regular Sneasel will also be available somewhere somehow in Legends: Arceus.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom