• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Part of me expects to wake up tomorrow and see the reveal, but I'm just not excited about this one. Voltorb just wasn't a good choice to give a variant to. The bright side is this further solidifies the more exciting reveals such as Hisuian Typhlosion, Decidueye, Samurott, Goodra, Avalugg, and evolutions for Sneasel, Ursaring, and Qwilfish.
Eh, I disagree about Voltorb not being a good choice- this is a good opportunity to give more background into our mystery explodey ball. Assuming they don't continue to play up the "we don't know how it got there, soooo mysterious" angle and actually do give it more story than that. Plus it's such an easy variant to design, it's not like there's much time lost in creating it, and Voltorb more than anything has a niche that only it can fill.

What would be a terrible choice is if they decide to only reveal Voltorb and nothing else. That would not be an exciting reveal. >=/

This 'confirmation' of the Voltorb has me hyped purely because it seems the leaked list from earlier seems to be true.

Let's fucking go.

On the site, among the others there's an old pokeball that explodes. Does this mean the new voltorb is just an old pokeball with eyes like the normal voltorb is just a regular pokeball with eyes? Or is it a reference to 2D games where Voltorb looked like a pokeball in the overworld?
I hope they improved the design a bit so it doesn't look that simple.

Edit: Well, this comes from the leaker, but apparently he is quite nervous :rolleyes: so he may be lying.

Last edited:
On the site, among the others there's an old pokeball that explodes. Does this mean the new voltorb is just an old pokeball with eyes like the normal voltorb is just a regular pokeball with eyes? Or is it a reference to 2D games where Voltorb looked like a pokeball in the overworld?
I hope they improved the design a bit so it doesn't look that simple.

Edit: Well, this comes from the leaker, but apparently he is quite nervous :rolleyes: so he may be lying.
He's just baiting Centro into posting fake info.

It's most likely going to be Grass-type and yes, just a voltorb resembling an old pokeball. That or maybe an apricorn.

He's just baiting Centro into posting fake info.

It's most likely going to be Grass-type and yes, just a voltorb resembling an old pokeball. That or maybe an apricorn.
Yeah, I'm preparing to face a Voltorb with a more wooden texture, and maybe some kind of different eyes.

It would be really funny if Hisuian Voltorb isn't part Electric, since in that case the translated name Voltorb doesn't make sense anymore since the Hisuian one is the original.
Its Japanese name, and a lot of its other translated names too, but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as Alolan Sandshrew- its Japanese name even is just straight up Sand.

It would be really funny if Hisuian Voltorb isn't part Electric, since in that case the translated name Voltorb doesn't make sense anymore since the Hisuian one is the original.
Its Japanese name, and a lot of its other translated names too, but it wouldn't be nearly as bad as Alolan Sandshrew- its Japanese name even is just straight up Sand.
I was going to point out how Sandshrew and Sandslash have sand in their names despite the Alolan Forms abandoning the sand aspect, but then I remembered how that was an adaptation made after they originally had a sandy theme. This situation wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if applied to Voltorb. However, perhaps Hisuian Voltorb could generate electricity without being part Electric-type? Think how the Klink line is tied to electromagnetism despite being pure Steel-type.

That being said, if Hisuian Voltorb isn't part Electric, then that whole image thing Nihilego_Khu retweeted out would lose some credibility. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised since that retweet was just someone guessing to begin with.

I was going to point out how Sandshrew and Sandslash have sand in their names despite the Alolan Forms abandoning the sand aspect, but then I remembered how that was an adaptation made after they originally had a sandy theme. This situation wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if applied to Voltorb. However, perhaps Hisuian Voltorb could generate electricity without being part Electric-type? Think how the Klink line is tied to electromagnetism despite being pure Steel-type.

That being said, if Hisuian Voltorb isn't part Electric, then that whole image thing Nihilego_Khu retweeted out would lose some credibility. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised since that retweet was just someone guessing to begin with.
You mean this post?

He never retweeted it. What he did was he liked the original version, which was this one-

It's even simplier than the original one. Guess different sizes for pokemon confirmed!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom