• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I wouldn't be so sure that the leaker didn't mistake "following" for "moving Pokemon in the overworld." He might have misunderstood his own source, who may have just seen the trailer a little early and little else.

You could be right. It'd be a little disappointing if they didn't follow you but it's nothing major.
If following pokemon means other frame rate issues, terrible speed and serpentine pokemon flying over stars, I vote no. If there's something that gen 8 dlcs showed us is that no feature is really great unless it's properly programmed. If following pokemon are in Legends I want at least let's go quality, otherwise they can save time for something else from my pov.

I wouldn't be so sure that the leaker didn't mistake "following" for "moving Pokemon in the overworld." He might have misunderstood his own source, who may have just seen the trailer a little early and little else.
Is following Pokémon that implausible though? They’ve clearly shown us they want to do it in the open world style as shown in Crown Tundra. I believe "following Pokémon are in the game" is much less EDITconvicted convoluted (damn autocorrect) for LA than "The leaker misunderstood their own source".

Last edited:
Is following Pokémon that implausible though? They’ve clearly shown us they want to do it in the open world style as shown in Crown Tundra. I believe "following Pokémon are in the game" is much less convicted for LA than "The leaker misunderstood their own source".
It is possible there's some language barrier going on. Someone in another thread said that apparently the leaker is a TPC employee in Hong Kong however considering they stay mostly safe and DM'd me last night I'm pretty sure it's either a lie or he's just very good at keeping his full identity a secret.

I do agree that it's not implausible, however. Game Freak showed multiple times they can add in a following system with Pokemon. It's also a great opportunity since battles are seamless, meaning Pokemon can just enter a fight instantly. It makes the most sense imo.

Is following Pokémon that implausible though? They’ve clearly shown us they want to do it in the open world style as shown in Crown Tundra. I believe "following Pokémon are in the game" is much less convicted for LA than "The leaker misunderstood their own source".
We know that the seamless battle starts when we throw a pokemon out of the pokeball against a wild pokemon. So, we can let pokemon out the pokeball, we don't know if we can only do that next to a wild pokemon or whenever we want.

We know that the seamless battle starts when we throw a pokemon out of the pokeball against a wild pokemon. So, we can let pokemon out the pokeball, we don't know if we can only do that next to a wild pokemon or whenever we want.
There could be something along the lines of a command button maybe? Like, if you wanna attack a Pokemon while your Pokemon is out, just like press the button and point at the Pokemon you wanna attack or something like that.

Here's a leak from two weeks ago, and boy it regards to Sword and Shield third dlc, BDSP, LA, and the future of gamefreak: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/mw5o76/information_regarding_tentative_planning_and/

Yeah, I believe it's fake for a lot reasons:
1. SWSH third dlc - Even though, people who already purchase to the complete edition of swsh, there's still a potiental dlc but "Not a new map, but an underground system expanded on raid dens, much more extensively, with actual in-depth locations and a fully 3d camera experience. " I'm guessing GF want to fill the rest of the pokedex for Dynamax raid battle and this leak mention "keep Sword and Sheild the main game for the meta, until gen 9." So we won't be transferring pokemon from swsh to BDSP?
2. BDSP - They're some believable stuff like "The majority of this game is Diamond and Pearl with a few Platinum changes, mainly the Pokedex, also the only new pokemon is Sylveon, and This confirms that one of the changes in this game will be the inclusion of fairy types. " It's likely to see fairy types make it's way into the game, and it's already confirmed about the platinum changes. But here's something I don't believe. "A feature that allows your pokemon the follow you in the overworld" Not what we see in the reveal trailer, and If so it's likely we'll see it limit to Amity Square. Here's another one regarding the potential platinum episode (which is discuss in a separate thread: The platinum episode speculation), It mentions ", but I am hearing "Glistening Platinum". Price is not known, maybe they already decided by now." Well it's not confirmed yet BDSP will get a dlc, and even people saying the BDSP won't be getting a platinum episode, but once we get more info, then we'll know (but it won't be in June, it could be close to release). Now here's what got me, "Chibi is a one-time thing, because they have decided that these two types of games are the best way to revisit Sinnoh specifically, and in general, GameFreak is very unhappy with the situation," So GF could be working on changing the graphics, because the fans weren't to happy with chibi style.
3. LA - For once, this is believable, even the leaker don't know much about LA, The only thing we do know is "there will be an event regarding this towards the end of 2022
4. The future of GF - normally GF don't usually announce the future of pokemon titles, we always left in the dark, so 2023 could be Gen 9, but they don't know what region it'll be based on, and it'll repeat the same cycle from SWSh with 2 dlc, through 2022-2024 and not to mention Let's go sequel (This leaker is not also sure when it'll happen. 2025 will also be a break year and 2026 will be Generation 10 and 2027 will be the potential Black and White remake. Well that's all I got to discuss, What do you guys think of this?

Good lord that info dump is somehow more dubious than things I’ve seen on 4chan. The vast majority of it talks about things that are several years away which means they couldn’t technically be proven wrong until then, and the stuff they do talk about for more recent developments is all either very safe, or just fanfic-esque things that are being asked for.

Good lord that info dump is somehow more dubious than things I’ve seen on 4chan. The vast majority of it talks about things that are several years away which means they couldn’t technically be proven wrong until then, and the stuff they do talk about for more recent developments is all either very safe, or just fanfic-esque things that are being asked for.
At least it's not those 4chan leaks and I know it's not believable, but it seem so, just like all the leaks and rumor, I just want to know how they react to this leak.

Ugggh this is so obviously fake and people on reddit keep commenting about how it's "too detailed to be fake!" I'm gonna scream

Sniff test- nobody is going to know five years of development for a franchise and leak it all in one convenient post

Credentials- this guy has no reputation, pops up claiming to have more than five years of development scheduling leaked, and otherwise engages in Pokemon threads on reddit like any other fan- he speculates about the N Zoroark theory, whether he'd like a new fusion mechanic, returning characters in the anime. Does not seem like the behavior of a guy who has such amazing insider info.

Basic fact checks-
  • He says that they'll "retcon Fatina being from France", something that was never stated anywhere in canon.
  • In his plan he says "2026: The farthest my info will span, as they don't really plan this far in advance.", and then continues with "2027: Unova will follow a strategy similar to, but not identical to, the Sinnoh remake season.... Plans show a crazily large game,"
  • He says they'll let Sylveon into BDSP and no other new Pokemon, even though FRLG and LGPE have shown that they have no trouble keeping out new Eeveelutions for the sake of keeping the original dex
  • "Dexit, however, will most likely be solved by this point. They want to have it all figured out before or by Generation 10, in order to have a complete roster for that generation."

Low ball guesses-
older games will definitely be playable on the newer model. For example, playing Sword and Shield on the newer Switch.
Oh, yes, backwards compatible, I'd never have expected that

Potentially within the year of 2024, we could also receive A Let's Go Sequel, taking place in Johto
Wow, Let's Go Johto, never heard that one before.

Specific claims-
mainly only serves to keep Sword and Sheild the main game for the meta, until gen 9.
Yeah, we have online ranking, and they can set which games are used for the VGC, but what they really need to set the meta is new DLC lol.

A new Pokemon Go could affect whether or not Let's Go Johto will happen or if it will not.
Yeah, make a new Pokemon Go instead of just updating the current one, that's brilliant.

This is internally called Project Nidorina, because Nidorina's Pokedex number is 30, and this is the plan for the 30th anniversary.
So, already dumb as hell to just say "Oh they named it after the 30th Pokemon bc it's 30 years lol", but also:
First, Generation 10 will, at the least, be announced during the year of 2026.
For Unova, plans will likely bleed into 2027, and DLC, if it were to happen for Generation 10, would also happen in 2027,

He's saying that it's not even a guarantee that these games would be released for the thirtieth anniversary but they'll name it after that and not like, a core element of the gameplay.

Plans show a crazily large game, meaning this single game, likely very expensive, will have all four of the Unova games, as well as two more sequels, in one game. These will be remade in complete 3d. One source is interpreting this as having six saved files in one game.

Small brain- Selling your games individually so people can buy which ones they want
Big brain- bundling six games together and making them really expensive so if you only want to buy one of them you'd have to pay 6x the price

I am skeptical there is someone with access to this much detailed information this far ahead willing to leak it.
He's claiming in a reply that the Battle Frontier is back for BDSP so that's some falsifiable that will be tested later this year.

[*]He says they'll let Sylveon into BDSP and no other new Pokemon, even though FRLG and LGPE have shown that they have no trouble keeping out new Eeveelutions for the sake of keeping the original dex
Agreed with your whole post aside from this. LGPE cut all non-Kanto Pokémon anyway outside of Alolan Forms, Megas, and Meltan/Melmetal, and FRLG are rather old at this point. I think it’d be better to base it off of ORAS which is more of a contemporary-ish middle-ground and included evolutionary relationships outside the Hoenn Dex. This trend was also continued in PMD DX. I think it’s a safe bet that Sylveon will be in the BDSP Dex. Which means the claim being made by this leaker isn’t all that impressive anyway.

Agreed with your whole post aside from this. LGPE cut all non-Kanto Pokémon anyway outside of Alolan Forms, Megas, and Meltan/Melmetal, and FRLG are rather old at this point. I think it’d be better to base it off of ORAS which is more of a contemporary-ish middle-ground and included evolutionary relationships outside the Hoenn Dex. This trend was also continued in PMD DX. I think it’s a safe bet that Sylveon will be in the BDSP Dex. Which means the claim being made by this leaker isn’t all that impressive anyway.
Oh, my issue isn't with the claim that Sylveon will be in the BDSP dex- it's the claim that only Sylveon will be added to the BDSP dex. The options I see are on a sort of sliding scale:
  • The original dex
  • The original dex, but add in new evolutions and regional forms
  • New dex
"The original dex but just Sylveon" is a weird middle ground between the original dex and new regional forms, because it leaves out Mr. Rime and Obstagoon for no reason at all. That's why I take issue with it- Eeveelutions are special, yeah, but in the past, this status hasn't been enough to prevent them from being left out, so why should Sylveon be included just for the sake of being Sylveon?

Oh, my issue isn't with the claim that Sylveon will be in the BDSP dex- it's the claim that only Sylveon will be added to the BDSP dex. The options I see are on a sort of sliding scale:
  • The original dex
  • The original dex, but add in new evolutions and regional forms
  • New dex
"The original dex but just Sylveon" is a weird middle ground between the original dex and new regional forms, because it leaves out Mr. Rime and Obstagoon for no reason at all. That's why I take issue with it- Eeveelutions are special, yeah, but in the past, this status hasn't been enough to prevent them from being left out, so why should Sylveon be included just for the sake of being Sylveon?
True, that I agree with.

Not that I'm adding anything of particular value to what's being discussed concerning that alleged leaker, but I think it's a tad odd that they have all this information that would normally only be shared internally with higher ups but keep things super vague. Unless they themselves are involved directly in the project, I can't imagine much of what has been shared can be taken any more seriously than with a grain of salt. Usually any sort of project management that forecasts half a decade in advanced would still contain something a bit more elaborate.

My question is why would The Pokemon Company plan so far into the future? It seems pretty weird and slightly counterproductive.
For example, why would they make sequels to Legends if the first game didn't release yet or even have pre-orders open? Afaik a game needs to be somewhat successful to get a sequel. It just seems off.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom