• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I believe Esserise posted it first, but apparently CentroLeaks has a slide from a media presentation. Like with all leaks, take it with a grain of salt.

1614382992242.png
Key things here:
  • Battles have a seamless transition
  • Active Time Battle system (ATB) like in Final Fantasy replaces turn-based combat; battles have an energy mechanic, presumably related to the ATB change
  • Main character can get attacked if they don't have any Pokémon
  • Battle will end if the main character gets enough damage

As for rumors, I've heard that there's no online connectivity but I think that's false.

Look at that Rhydon. Its deffo not the lighting in the Ryhorn scene with Riolu we got in the trailer
Okay, this honestly makes me wonder what is going on with that. Could this be an indication that certain species looked and behaved differently in the era this game takes place in? Could this have something to do with the underutilized concept of aura that was introduced through Lucario in the Sinnoh games (which would be pretty awesome if you ask me)? Or is it just a visual glitch/oversight regarding the models of that particular evolutionary line? The possibilities are endless!

Look at that Rhydon. Its deffo not the lighting in the Ryhorn scene with Riolu we got in the trailer
Okay, this honestly makes me wonder what is going on with that. Could this be an indication that certain species looked and behaved differently in the era this game takes place in? Could this have something to do with the underutilized concept of aura that was introduced through Lucario in the Sinnoh games (which would be pretty awesome if you ask me)? Or is it just a visual glitch/oversight regarding the models of that particular evolutionary line? The possibilities are endless!
To be honest, I think the blue-grey Rhydon and Rhyhorn have a mundane explanation. They look exactly the same as other members of their species outside of their coloration, and there's no glowing aura or anything that indicates that this is something extraordinary outside of the fact that the normally grey parts of this Pokémon's body are now blue-grey. And that's not exactly a drastic change; it's not as though these Pokémon are a vibrant sky blue or ultramarine. Bluish looking Rhydon and Rhyhorn have been shown in official artwork before:
111Rhyhorn_Dream.png
Shuffle111.png
BT112.png
1614454005407.png
112Rhydon_OS_anime.png

vs
111.png
112.png
While the Rhydon and Rhyhorn in Legends definitely look more blue, that could very well just be the game's shader/graphics engine. If GameFreak intended to have special forms with different colors, I don't think they would give them a super subtle color change and nothing else.

To be honest, I think the blue-grey Rhydon and Rhyhorn have a mundane explanation. They look exactly the same as other members of their species outside of their coloration, and there's no glowing aura or anything that indicates that this is something extraordinary outside of the fact that the normally grey parts of this Pokémon's body are now blue-grey. And that's not exactly a drastic change; it's not as though these Pokémon are a vibrant sky blue or ultramarine. Bluish looking Rhydon and Rhyhorn have been shown in official artwork before:
While the Rhydon and Rhyhorn in Legends definitely look more blue, that could very well just be the game's shader/graphics engine. If GameFreak intended to have special forms with different colors, I don't think they would give them a super subtle color change and nothing else.
So you think it’s the shader? While I could see that, you’d think such differences would end up appearing on other species itself rather than just one evolutionary line. If you’re right, then that’s more than likely a visual oversight/glitch rather than intentional and would probably be corrected later down the line. We should keep our eyes out for any other off-color Pokémon models that don’t match that Pokémon’s shiny colors in the future to see if we could verify your hypothesis.

The one theory no one has brought up yet is that maybe it's just a change in shiny coloration.

I mean look at Rhydon's shinies from GSC:

Spr_2g_112_s.png
Spr_2s_112_s.png
Spr_2c_112_s.png
Spr_b_2g_112_s.png

What if they're just going back to the OG shiny colors and changed Rhyhorn's to look closer to Rhydon's original colors instead of a weird red-ish grey that it was before turning into a tan color in Gen 3? Maybe there's regional shiny colors now.

Or, you know, they just figured out how to carryover whatever they did in Stadium to randomly generate pokemon colors. That could happen too.

Anyone else notice the weird horned creature in the bottom right of the bottom right picture in the UI? It kind of looks like Stantler, but it seems to be missing the orb in its horn. The shape of the horn looks really different too.

Anyone else notice the weird horned creature in the bottom right of the bottom right picture in the UI? It kind of looks like Stantler, but it seems to be missing the orb in its horn. The shape of the horn looks really different too.
1614465232381.png

SwSh's stamps had generic monsters on them:
1614465359490.png

So I wonder if that's just meant to be a stand-in monster like the stamps, just more ancient-looking. That being said, the deer seems to be a lot more specific than monsters used in the sprites, which don't really bare any specific resemblance to anything. Alternatively, it could maybe be a stylized depiction of a Stantler. I know SwSh had stylized Pokémon icons that some speculated were regional forms, like the book Hoothoot, which is why I'm hesitant to say this is indeed a variant or new Pokémon.
The Active Time Battle (ATB) system is making me pause only because the leak specifically mentions that energy will be a mechanic, however, the battle between the trainer's Gallade and the wild Garchomp doesn't appear to have any sort of energy indicator on the screen. I guess the colored strokes with the HP could count as some sort of energy bar, but they seem pretty out of the way when I'd imagine such feature would be more front and center.
screenshot03
Though this might just be me desperately projecting my hopes that this game isn't an ATB system.

Last edited:
Apparently the 1 is listed as 2-4 for BDSP so, this game might not have multiplayer of any kind
No multiplayer lol.png

You know, ever since I learned that was where the info came from, makes me remember SWSH being listed as 0 players and no handheld on all e-shops until pre-orders opened.

It's possible that's just a place holder again. Especially since it's a year out unlike BDSP which is only 8 months tops.

SwSh's number of players was initially undecided (implying more than one, really). That's pretty different than labeling Legends as a single player game, which isn't too surprising for a game where trainers barely exist (no competition).

It's still possible that the Japanese site and the English site have diffrent place holders. Since the North American store has it listed as TBD.

Screenshot_20210228-021801.jpg

I would try the other sites to cross reference, but apparently the only one to have a listing already is the NA site. All the European ones don't seem to cover anything after the Nintendo direct.

I’m worried about them changing the turn-based battles, only because it’s literally the core of the Pokémon series and is one of the few things that has remained since Gen 1.

Even side games like Mystery Dungeon and Colosseum/XD maintained that, I’m unfamiliar with what exactly an ATB is, though, so maybe it’s just the unfamiliarity that worries me. Would that be, I don’t know, more like the anime is?

I’m unfamiliar with what exactly an ATB is, though, so maybe it’s just the unfamiliarity that worries me. Would that be, I don’t know, more like the anime is?

It would probably make battles closer to the anime to at least some degree, yes. ATB is a battle system that was created by Square Enix (Square at the time) for Final Fantasy IV, but since then plenty of other JRPGs have done their own spin on it.

The gist of how it works is it's a turn-based battle system where commands are issued as usual, but action is taken when a gauge is filled—essentially you have a timer on your decisions because combat is still flowing in real time despite selecting from a menu. So, for example, in PL:A it's possible that a Pokémon's may act on its command more quickly depending on its speed stat.

I wonder if a more blue-ish Rhyhorn/Rhydon is a sign that they're trying to get closer to older artwork or maybe they're changing the base look of some Pokemon.

They've also brought Cyndaquil back to having his flame on his back all the time now.

I’m worried about them changing the turn-based battles, only because it’s literally the core of the Pokémon series and is one of the few things that has remained since Gen 1.

I'm guessing that's why they're making that change in this game versus doing it for the first time in the gen 9 games.

This is their chance to experiment.

Here’s another supposedly leaked image, courtesy of Joker09.
e0lqJ4j.jpg
@Despada I think that deer icon you posted about before might be related to the thing in the bottom left image.

Here’s another supposedly leaked image, courtesy of Joker09.
e0lqJ4j.jpg
@Despada I think that deer icon you posted about before might be related to the thing in the bottom left image.
Oh wow, if these are real, then we might actually get some new Pokemon designs in this game! The flying one on the bottom right seems to be new too. It doesn't look anything like Staraptor.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom