• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Oh wow, if these are real, then we might actually get some new Pokemon designs in this game! The flying one on the bottom right seems to be new too. It doesn't look anything like Staraptor.
May I remind people of "generic monsters" like the Y-Comm icons, the old surfing whale, the round black bird, or that Tasmanian tiger silhouette from the TCG website.

They're more than likely placeholders by people who don't know how to draw the pokemon.

Anybody know what the Japanese says?
I got you boo.

[Player Field Operations]
"Forward Roll/Dodge", "Hide Yourself", "Capture"

[Pokémon Cooperation (Ride) actions for getting around]
"High Speed Movement", "Mountain Climbing", "Gliding/Flying through the Air"

Last edited:
Since the player characters look the same, I'm thinking Dawn and Lucas started off in the present, then transported into the past. If the game starts off in the past, then how would it justify transferring Pokemon to Home or wherever. Anyways if there really are new pokemon, and they didn't go extinct, it would contradict Professor Oak's "150 pokemon in the world" XD so I wonder if at the end of the game, you time travel into the future.

That'd be weird to say there were old new pokemon that were brought into the future, but this is similar to both the Celebi and Arceus movie.

I think by this point the first gen has been retconned by every subuquent game. After a while they just stopped mentioning the exact number of species in the world or put "maybe more!" afterwards.

As for sending Pokemon to home, maybe someone just comes up with a crude steam powered version of the time machine from GSC.

Home transfers can be as easy as a main menu thing outside the world of the game.

There will 100% be some kind of box system in the game, at some point. The Home app on the switch interacted directly with the boxes in SwSh... the same will happen here. There’s no need for any explanation really.

I can’t help but think that Home connectivity on this might be one way, transfer out only. Given the main goal of the game this time appears to be Pokédex completion it would break the game a little if you can just import all the Pokémon from Home early in the game.

Unless brining in Pokémon from Home might be a post game feature. If they do something like this it’ll be interesting to see if the Steam powered Pokéballs become a new type of ball in other games or if Pokémon imported arrive in balks that get the steam powered ball look added just while in Legends.

Since the player characters look the same, I'm thinking Dawn and Lucas started off in the present, then transported into the past. If the game starts off in the past, then how would it justify transferring Pokemon to Home or wherever. Anyways if there really are new pokemon, and they didn't go extinct, it would contradict Professor Oak's "150 pokemon in the world" XD so I wonder if at the end of the game, you time travel into the future.

That'd be weird to say there were old new pokemon that were brought into the future, but this is similar to both the Celebi and Arceus movie.
We're so long past retconing Oaks line about 150 Pokemon (and come to think of it how did he know about mewtwo) that line has no meaning anymore. It already didn't make sense back in 1999 when GS released and had Oak regularily coming to the region for radio shows and some how missed the fact that there is 100 Pokemon there not found in Kanto (altough Skarmory and houndour sure can be found there) oh and lets not forget they added in Rowan and Oak being close and that oak has a home in sinnoh, yet another 107 oak seems to be blind to.

Transferring pokemon to home (if it can anyway) would be justified as a game mechanic meant to not be taken as canon.

And not that the player characters can't be dawn and Lucas time traveling but its much more likely they are ancestors designed to look the same so we can draw the connection easier. (Anime does this all the time not to mention all links look the same and none are related.)

There can easily be some sort of inventor NPC in this game that's working on an early type of PC system long before Bill invented it fully.

Or maybe the box system resembles My Pokemon Ranch's "boxes", which I think only appears when taking out Pokemon from it.

I just noticed those torches are literally carbon copies of the wooden ones in Ocarina of Time.

I believe Esserise posted it first, but apparently CentroLeaks has a slide from a media presentation. Like with all leaks, take it with a grain of salt.

Key things here:
  • Battles have a seamless transition
  • Active Time Battle system (ATB) like in Final Fantasy replaces turn-based combat; battles have an energy mechanic, presumably related to the ATB change
  • Main character can get attacked if they don't have any Pokémon
  • Battle will end if the main character gets enough damage

As for rumors, I've heard that there's no online connectivity but I think that's false.

Does anyone have a guess to what that yellow thing in bottom right corner is? It vaguely looks like a farfetch'd crossed with an ultra beast

After digging through the European sites, I found this:

20210302_011457.png

Which lists absoluely nothing about players unlike the NA and Japanese sites. It's also worth noting that they dropped the "early" before 2022.

So yeah, everything leaning toward there being no online is probably just diffrent countries versions of place holders.

After digging through the European sites, I found this:

Which lists absoluely nothing about players unlike the NA and Japanese sites. It's also worth noting that they dropped the "early" before 2022.

So yeah, everything leaning toward there being no online is probably just diffrent countries versions of place holders.
When I first saw the trailer I thought: "No way this comes out early 2022". However, I would like to point out that there's litterally nothing that forced them to add the "early" in the release date. I mean if they were not sure about the release date they could have simply written "2022" and no one would have complained, then later this year they could have simply revealed a more accurate release date. They will release two games later this year, so it's not like they really need another game after 4-6 months.
I think we may be in the same situation of sw/sh reveal trailer. The first gen 8 trailer didn't figure overworld pokemon, there were no other people in that game apart from the trainer and the graphics were lacking good textures and shadows. So I think at GF they actually choose to release the first trailer this way, just like a beta version of the game to give an idea of what the game will be like. As I said before, the second trailer (which I expect around June-July) will really tell us when this game will come out, after all Sw/Sh didn't really change that much form their second trailer in June.
Imo if they said early 2022 it's because they actually want to release this game early next year and we know that Pokemon has not delayed a game since (funny) Diamond and Pearl.

I wouldn't personally mind a delay but I agree that no one was forcing them to give us a release window more specific than '2022' so probably no delays. The chosen date of "early 2022" is so weird though, mainline games are usually holiday releases and its effectively two big Pokemon games within 6 months of each other. I almost wonder if this game was originally slated for winter 2021 and was already delayed (but then why not just delay a year? scheduling conflicts with BOTW2?) . Or something something, Switch Pro.

There can easily be some sort of inventor NPC in this game that's working on an early type of PC system long before Bill invented it fully.

Or maybe the box system resembles My Pokemon Ranch's "boxes", which I think only appears when taking out Pokemon from it.

I think the Pokemon Box will quite literally be like a real-life bank's safety deposit box. Where you will have to visit a specific location (not unlike visiting a PC in most games, except for the fact that there's only a single location) and you can store and withdraw your Pokemon, rather than being stored digitally, they will basically be placed in a crate or a locked box or something to that effect. Functionally identical to a PC storage system, but more appropriate for the era the game takes place in.

We're so long past retconing Oaks line about 150 Pokemon (and come to think of it how did he know about mewtwo) that line has no meaning anymore. It already didn't make sense back in 1999 when GS released and had Oak regularily coming to the region for radio shows and some how missed the fact that there is 100 Pokemon there not found in Kanto (altough Skarmory and houndour sure can be found there) oh and lets not forget they added in Rowan and Oak being close and that oak has a home in sinnoh, yet another 107 oak seems to be blind to.

Transferring pokemon to home (if it can anyway) would be justified as a game mechanic meant to not be taken as canon.

And not that the player characters can't be dawn and Lucas time traveling but its much more likely they are ancestors designed to look the same so we can draw the connection easier. (Anime does this all the time not to mention all links look the same and none are related.)

I always headcanoned that the 150th Pokemon he refers to is actually Mew, and not Mewtwo, and Mewtwo only appears in the Pokedex first because it's existence was confirmed first, but myths and legends of Mew's existence definitely existed, hence it's status as a mythical Pokemon, and an extremely hard to find one at that.

I think the Pokemon Box will quite literally be like a real-life bank's safety deposit box. Where you will have to visit a specific location (not unlike visiting a PC in most games, except for the fact that there's only a single location) and you can store and withdraw your Pokemon, rather than being stored digitally, they will basically be placed in a crate or a locked box or something to that effect. Functionally identical to a PC storage system, but more appropriate for the era the game takes place in.
No! Please don't make me have to go back to town every time I want to switch out Pokemon! Not again!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom