• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Cause SwSh (and LGPE but I never played those) gave us the ability to access the box anywhere and I don't want to give that up. Also its worse in Open World games oftentimes I have an objective and my ADD is bad enough combine that with needing to head back to a town that may be god knows how many miles away from where my goal is every time I want to switch my Pokemon out and it becomes unbearable.

So has anyone seen any hindsight leaks? Like we had with swsh and or as after they were announced we found leaks that had talked about them prior to the announcement (Affleck leak, and the oras leak with the 4chan name that was oras)

I'm curious about this too and I was wondering if anyone had compiled such a list of sources that got things right and sources that got things wrong, it'll help through leak season for both BDSP and LA if we can narrow down who the trustworthy sources are.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFSKpQkruk

What do you guys think? I don't know if this guy called PLA but Aero did bring up an interesting point about him calling 2022 as anything other than gen 9 could mean something. Does project Kingin make any sense for arecsu at all? Does anyone even know what that word means? For lets go, Beluga made sense because of that beluga that paints.

everything else though, the dlc was already announced, everyone called dp remakes (and calling them simple doesn't imply chibi or faithful remakes), and I doubt we'll get dlc 3 the same year as legends arceus, or at all considering they already made a physical version with the dlc predownloaded.

Oh, joy, another YouTuber spending eight minutes of my time to say something most people would say in one. I have to get through 1.5 minutes of "subscribe, I'm headed to Twitch for this," etc. just to see the dang post.
1616566159088.png

And... dude was wrong. Like, obviously so. Remember that the DP remakes aren't even being made by Game Freak- this guy's pretending to have insider info on Game Freak (to the point of knowing code names for their products) and the development of BDSP, but is somehow totally oblivious to LoA? Yeah, no.
Aero did bring up an interesting point about him calling 2022 as anything other than gen 9 could mean something.
I mean, even assuming that the intent wasn't to say that Project Kingin was Gen 9 (which I don't think is necessarily true), why does it matter that they said it wasn't Gen 9? They clearly don't actually know anything lol.

If that's what Kingpin could stand for, then I guess that person was trying to "hint" at Let's Go games for Gen 2, which would make some sense as LGPE released at the end of Gen 7 and acted as a transition game for Gen 8...
Except GameFreak has gone on record to say that they have absolutely no plans on making new Let's Go titles, and it shows. Let's Go did not sell very well in comparison to their other titles.
Now it could be that they'll change their mind (I honestly would not mind it), but at this point Let's Go remakes aren't coming in the foreseeable future.

2 Big games back to back.

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Peal and Legends Arceus say hi. They release most likely in a timespan of 6 months and are even set in the same region.
Well, one is a faithful remake in a chibi artstyle. It's nothing like Sword and Shield or LA and is more comparable to LGPE.

Kingpin translates to gold and silver. However, i seriously doubt we dont get gen 9 next year
You mean that Game Freak is working on their first real open world game while trying to release a new gen for the same year? I wouldn't be so sure, even without covid I don't think those poor 150 employees could ever release two games that big the same year. It's totally possible that Legends will introduce some new mons to allow them to promote new creatures while waiting for gen 9.
That said, I wouldn't dismiss a third DLC for Sw/Sh at some point. Considering the remakes will probably not be used for VGC, I expect them to introduce something new in the main games (not counting we are gonna receive some new mythicals for sure to appear in the next two movies).

You mean that Game Freak is working on their first real open world game while trying to release a new gen for the same year? I wouldn't be so sure, even without covid I don't think those poor 150 employees could ever release two games that big the same year. It's totally possible that Legends will introduce some new mons to allow them to promote new creatures while waiting for gen 9.
That said, I wouldn't dismiss a third DLC for Sw/Sh at some point. Considering the remakes will probably not be used for VGC, I expect them to introduce something new in the main games (not counting we are gonna receive some new mythicals for sure to appear in the next two movies).
I don't think Sword and Shield is getting any more DLC because they already released a bundle deal of Sword and Shield with the DLC, something that usually only happens once all of a game's DLC is released.

I'm starting to think Legends: Arceus is the LGPE/ORAS/HGSS of this Generation 8 in the sense it builds a bridge to the Next Generation and gives us a sneak peek at what the Next Gen most likely looks like.

And Maybe Early Releases for Pokemon are the new normal from Legends: Arceus onward. Like Gen 9 could release in Early 2023 and from then on every Pokemon game will release in the first quarter of a year.

I'm starting to think Legends: Arceus is the LGPE/ORAS/HGSS of this Generation 8 in the sense it builds a bridge to the Next Generation and gives us a sneak peek at what the Next Gen most likely looks like.

And Maybe Early Releases for Pokemon are the new normal from Legends: Arceus onward. Like Gen 9 could release in Early 2023 and from then on every Pokemon game will release in the first quarter of a year.
I believe that Legends Arceus might be releasing in Q1 is because Nintendo might plan on releasing BOTW2 in Holiday 2022 and they don't want LA and BOTW2 to compete against each other for sales.

I believe that Legends Arceus might be releasing in Q1 is because Nintendo might plan on releasing BOTW2 in Holiday 2022 and they don't want LA and BOTW2 to compete against each other for sales.
Actually rumors around the web suggest that BOTW2 will be released later this year with the new Switch Pro. And it would make sense considering this is Zelda 35th anniversary.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom