• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

This isn't to say that I 100% buy into this rumor, just that dismissing it on the assumption that "Project Kingin is just an incorrect prediction of new Johto games" doesn't really hold
when code names have no pattern to them in the first place.
Well, it's a good thing there's plenty more reasons to dismiss this rumor lol.

• We're supposed to believe they know about BDSP and LoA, which would mean knowing that BDSP wasn't being developed by Game Freak, but they don't mention that at all.
  • "Game Freak is including all Pokemon in Sword and Shield" is just laughable at this point.
  • A third DLC, even though you can buy a copy of SwSh with Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor that's branded as "Complete Edition"
  • Why would anyone know the release schedule for the next three years and have an estimate of how many Pokemon were being added in DLC? Advertising for DLC hasn't given specific numbers IIRC, just "More Pokemon are included!", so it doesn't make sense for it to be someone in advertising. And if it was someone working on the games themselves, why are they being given information about every project in development?
In that regard, "Kingin" isn't really on-the-nose in terms of what this game is about anyways.
I was referring more to the fact that it would be directly named for the game's mechanic rather than referencing it in a more abstract way. SuMo's codename is referencing Hawaii being the Rainbow state- it's not named "Project Hawaii". "Hero" is a common role in most stories, including past Pokemon games. Only LGPE is directly named for something, and it's the software, which isn't something most players are going to see just by playing the game. But now we've gone from "We're naming this Project Rainbow, because it takes place in a location based on Hawaii, the rainbow state" to "We named it Project Gold and Silver because you use gold and silver to buy stuff lol"?
Besides, doing something just because it's never been done before is actually a reason why Game Freak would give Legends: Arceus such a codename. They always want to do something different, which is why they keep changing everything up even when they finally get something right that people think should be a series mainstay.
It also took Game Freak seven generations to depart from the "eight gyms + elite four + evil team" formula. Just because they like to experiment with sidegame content doesn't mean that they're constantly experimenting with every element of the games, especially not something that's literally just for internal use.

@TechSkylander1518 Got me there. :LOL:

So, what would you consider regarding plausible codenames in regards to rumors/potential leaks? Just curious.
Hm.... That's a tricky one for me, because it'd be hard to tell what a codename referred to without the benefit of hindsight. Kingin sounds unlikely to me whatever meaning is given to it, because "Project Gold and Silver" seems too weird, but like, if someone had said it was just "Project Gold", and there was no Pokemon Gold it could've been confused with, then I would actually see that as pretty plausible- it could be like "the gold standard" for a development period that really wanted to polish everything up, or it could be a western region referencing the Gold Rush, or a South American region referencing El Dorado, etc.

I thiiiink the criteria I would use to judge a codename plausible/not plausible would be two questions:
  • What meaning does the rumor suggest for the codename? If they're trying to nudge it towards an individual aspect of gameplay rather than a more major part of it, I'd probably be more skeptical. (And if it's that thing some rumors do where it's like "This is the codename- Pokemon X and Y versions" then just chuck that out lol)
  • How convenient would this be as an actual codename? The codenames are going to be used while communicating, and we've seen that sometimes they even make their way into filenames. A codename that would be hard to write or could easily be mixed up with another game would seem unlikely for that reason.
Ultimately, though, I mostly make my judgement call on what else is in the rumor- like plot/Pokemon designs/characters/etc., it's the sort of thing you can't really call fake/real just by looking at it, but by seeing if you can believe the rumor as a whole. (unless there's something way out there)

And if I can return your curiosity, what other sorts of names would you think were more plausible?

What about The Untitled Second Remake of Pokémon Gold and Silver?

If that sounds ridiculous, remember that the real working title for the Good Dinosaur was The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs.

Hm.... That's a tricky one for me, because it'd be hard to tell what a codename referred to without the benefit of hindsight. Kingin sounds unlikely to me whatever meaning is given to it, because "Project Gold and Silver" seems too weird, but like, if someone had said it was just "Project Gold", and there was no Pokemon Gold it could've been confused with, then I would actually see that as pretty plausible- it could be like "the gold standard" for a development period that really wanted to polish everything up, or it could be a western region referencing the Gold Rush, or a South American region referencing El Dorado, etc.

I thiiiink the criteria I would use to judge a codename plausible/not plausible would be two questions:
  • What meaning does the rumor suggest for the codename? If they're trying to nudge it towards an individual aspect of gameplay rather than a more major part of it, I'd probably be more skeptical. (And if it's that thing some rumors do where it's like "This is the codename- Pokemon X and Y versions" then just chuck that out lol)
  • How convenient would this be as an actual codename? The codenames are going to be used while communicating, and we've seen that sometimes they even make their way into filenames. A codename that would be hard to write or could easily be mixed up with another game would seem unlikely for that reason.
Ultimately, though, I mostly make my judgement call on what else is in the rumor- like plot/Pokemon designs/characters/etc., it's the sort of thing you can't really call fake/real just by looking at it, but by seeing if you can believe the rumor as a whole. (unless there's something way out there)

And if I can return your curiosity, what other sorts of names would you think were more plausible?
I personally think that a reasonable codename 1) needs to be easy to communicate (like you said) and have to just convey something about the games that the developers personally feel as important. We disagree on what said criteria needs to be in order to be considered an important part of the project, but it does need to relate to an aspect of the game. Whether the important aspect to them that happens to be the theme of the game’s setting (Project Niji (Rainbow) for SM), a technology used in game development (Project Beluga for LGPE), or even a game mechanic (like my interpretation of ‘Project Kingin’ if it is potentially talking about Legends: Arceus) does not really matter in the long run as long as it conveys the intended idea internally.

Just skimmed through and I've got a hole to poke- that rumor says "Sinnoh Dex + 100 more"? I'm assuming that's claiming that there will be 100 more pokemon in the DP remakes, but we pretty much know from LGPE that when they do a faithful adaptation right down to the dialogue... they don't add much else to the game. Even if it's faithful enough to add the 4th gen National Dex, that's around 300 more pokemon, not 100.

(Also hi, I'm bored and a little itchy for Gen 9 today so I dropped in to check on leaks and rumors.)

Not to mention that another round of DLC should have been announced before BSDP, let alone LA.

Most of the missing Pokemon are from the first four generations. The remaining 63 (or so) are likely to be in LA. Does that include the Kalos starters and remaining Unova and Alola ones? I guess the professor will bring more presents. Rowan could take care of Johto in BDSP.

Last edited:
Not to mention that another round of DLC should have been announced before BSDP, let alone LA.

Most of the missing Pokemon are from the first four generations. The remaining 63 (or so) are likely to be in LA. Does that include the Kalos starters and remaining Unova and Alola ones? I guess the professor will bring more presents. Rowan could take care of Johto in BDSP.
The Alola Starters are in SwSh, they were introduced in Isle of Armor but didn’t get Dex entries.

Some stuff was leaked for both LA and BDSP 2 days ago on Twitter.
The LA stuff was mostly about the trailer. The build used in the trailer is apparently from December 2020.
The release date is also undecided because Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow the game with their own big project, however it will still be an early 2022 release from what I can tell.

Last edited:
I don't find any of this information particularly interesting honestly, regardless of how reliable Kelios is. On the subject of Kelios credibility, he has correctly revealed dates regarding some Directs I think. If I recall though, there was a time he was saying that on one specific date there was gonna be an ACTUAL Nintendo Direct , though it only turned out to be a Partner Showcase. He was saying we were gonna get Sinnoh remakes with a Direct in February though. His leaks don't tend to be on the scale of Practicalbrush12 though who was the one to accurately reveal Smash DLC, every title in the February Nintendo Direct, and actual information regarding BDSP and Legends.

I'm still amazed that we've gone all this time with absolutely no relevant leaks that discuss actual info about the games cause normally by now we'd get some kind of relevant leak.

That isn't really true, though. Legends' release date is still about a year away, and we did get leaked screenshots a few hours prior to the announcement. BDSP were also revealed three months too early compared to HGSS, ORAS and LGPE. There probably isn't too much to leak about them.

Can you link a post about it? Usually helps to have specific examples to point to rather than just users saying "Oh I heard they were credible"
While I couldn't find the exact Reddit post, I did find one post where he correctly predicted Gen 4 remakes this year.

I agree that the dates aren't too interesting but I think that the build being from December at least somewhat proves (for a lack of a better word) that the final product will look better (seems obvious but people had doubts about that after SwSh). There is a lot of the game that needs serious polish so this is reassuring.

Last edited:
Even if they’re credible, what they’ve claimed here regarding dates is really safe and also pretty insignificant. The trailer being a build from December isn’t all that important either, just slightly interesting if anything.
Well, considering the frame rate of the game, I think it's pretty important to know if that footage is from late february or early december. Knowing that what we saw is footage taken about 15 months before release is quite reassuring.
P.s. Kelios is a well known leaker. We can trust him.

Well, considering the frame rate of the game, I think it's pretty important to know if that footage is from late february or early december. Knowing that what we saw is footage taken about 15 months before release is quite reassuring.
P.s. Kelios is a well known leaker. We can trust him.
The frame rate would be resolved by release either way. 2 months can be significant, but it certainly isn’t a big leap.

The frame rate would be resolved by release either way. 2 months can be significant, but it certainly isn’t a big leap.
3 months. I speak French, the leaker wrote "debut Decembre 2020" which means "beginning of December 2020".
3 months are a lot of time in game developing. I was worried that the footage shown presented the game in its last year of development. Considering the earliest possible release being late february 2022, now we know that the footage was released at least 15 months before release. In terms of graphics now I'm quite reassured, so that info was important for me.
And if you walk around the wild area in the next few hours, you may notice why I was totally not sure that the frame rate would have been resolved by realese.

3 months. I speak French, the leaker wrote "debut Decembre 2020" which means "beginning of December 2020".
3 months are a lot of time in game developing. I was worried that the footage shown presented the game in its last year of development. Considering the earliest possible release being late february 2022, now we know that the footage was released at least 15 months before release. In terms of graphics now I'm quite reassured, so that info was important for me.
And if you walk around the wild area in the next few hours, you may notice why I was totally not sure that the frame rate would have been resolved by realese.
Eh I mean, I’m glad you found it reassuring, but I still don’t find it all that significant. We saw what we saw either way, and we’ll get what we get either way. It’s pretty inconsequential.

And I’m not interested in discussing Sword and Shield here. Their graphics are perfectly fine and I’m tired of launching into lengthy debates about them at the drop of a pin.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom