• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

My question is why would The Pokemon Company plan so far into the future? It seems pretty weird and slightly counterproductive.
For example, why would they make sequels to Legends if the first game didn't release yet or even have pre-orders open? Afaik a game needs to be somewhat successful to get a sequel. It just seems off.
It's actually quite common for large companies to map out 10-year plans for future projects and investments, especially if you work in the field of entertainment. I think the bigger flag for me is that the post says everything and nothing at the same time :confused:

They supposedly have access to this information (which would likely only be shared with higher up executives and project managers) but don't actually give anything concrete or specific, instead relying on a bunch of "maybes" and "coulds". It's true that planning a sequel for a game that isn't out yet is strange, but the idea is completely foreign. But what I find more suspicious is that the information provided for BDSP (and Legends) is far too vague in nature. What little detail was provided was too predictable, almost expected, for the titles. It could actually be the case that not much has changed for the remakes, but still, I think this leak reeks phony imo.

It's actually quite common for large companies to map out 10-year plans for future projects and investments, especially if you work in the field of entertainment. I think the bigger flag for me is that the post says everything and nothing at the same time :confused:

They supposedly have access to this information (which would likely only be shared with higher up executives and project managers) but don't actually give anything concrete or specific, instead relying on a bunch of "maybes" and "coulds". It's true that planning a sequel for a game that isn't out yet is strange, but the idea is completely foreign. But what I find more suspicious is that the information provided for BDSP (and Legends) is far too vague in nature. What little detail was provided was too predictable, almost expected, for the titles. It could actually be the case that not much has changed for the remakes, but still, I think this leak reeks phony imo.
The more you know, I suppose.
The weird wording is probably because I think this is speculation disguised as a leak. The Legends thing makes me wonder if time travel will be involved, though. Even if this is fake, I would be kinda disappointed if this was all just time travel. Not a big deal though.

I totally don't trust that "leak". No way they plan a game 10 year in advance considering they wouldn't even know what console they would use or how people responded to selected features during the years.

The "leaker" obviously just made up a bunch of stuff just to make you believe the main part: their wishlist for a ridiculous Unova project (a prequel and a compilation of two remakes and sequels) that culminates in a new generation (that ties into all previous regions, but especially Unova). There's no reason to believe any so-called leak that goes beyond Legends Arceus, at least until it's released.

Last edited:
This leak is insanely detailed, almost enough to make me think it's real.
Generally, the more detailed a leak is, the greater the likelihood of it being fake. Not sure why anyone thinks more details equals more credibility. Even the best leaks have usually been vague.

And especially leaks that include projects years in advance- we basically never get leaks from GameFreak insiders, which is what you would have to be to have that sort of info. What we do get leaked is information from upcoming announcements, trailers, and from playtesters for games that are close to release.

I don't think there has ever been a leak that was proven credible years later? Certainly not a detailed one. We've had people go "Oh wow this leak from three years ago predicted the names for the next games, it must be true!" but the rest of the leak was then proven false and let's be honest, with a ton of "leaks" throwing darts at what the next games' names could be, a few are bound to make a lucky guess- especially with predictable noun pairings like "Sun and Moon" and "Sword and Shield."

So yeah... when a leak tries to predict several years into the future, it's already dead for me.

While I think some of the things in the leaks might become true, I also don’t think they’re necessarily hard things to come up with. Let’s Go Johto, another Legends title, Unova remakes after Gen 4’s Sinnoh and Johto remakes, are all somewhat safe or obvious bets. Like others have said there’s just no way any of this is absolutely set in stone besides Let’s Go Johto which I could easily see being either the next game or the next game but after Gen 9.

Generally, the more detailed a leak is, the greater the likelihood of it being fake. Not sure why anyone thinks more details equals more credibility. Even the best leaks have usually been vague.
I do think there's a point where this principle goes the other way, though- people also make leaks that keep things vague and fill them with lowball guesses to seem credible, and then there's things like the Affleck leak that do turn up more details than usual.

The Affleck leak was about SwSh only. Here we have BDSP, Legends Arceus, Generation IX, Let's Go Johto, Legends Unova, BW+B2W2 remakes, B2W2 sequels and Generation X. I assume that 99% of people discussing this are just bored, but I feel sorry for the other 1%.

Where are the interesting leaks about the Sinnoh games only? People aren't even trying anymore. I could probably come up with something believable for Legends and get a day of fun out of it. Just ask.

I do think there's a point where this principle goes the other way, though- people also make leaks that keep things vague and fill them with lowball guesses to seem credible, and then there's things like the Affleck leak that do turn up more details than usual.
But the Affleck leak was likely someone in marketing. Everything they leaked was used for pre release information. Whatever this guy is talking about sounds like stuff only people high up at game freak would be discussing. Not even fully planned since thats too many years out, at best maybe something they've discussed as possible.

But the Affleck leak was likely someone in marketing. Everything they leaked was used for pre release information. Whatever this guy is talking about sounds like stuff only people high up at game freak would be discussing. Not even fully planned since thats too many years out, at best maybe something they've discussed as possible.
Oh, no argument here that this guy is a fake lol, I meant that more broadly. It does sort of apply in this case, though- notice how he goes into "details" about BW remakes, but when it comes to Gen 9 it's "It could be in one of these four very different locations". It's easier to make guesses about remakes, because they rearrange existing elements, so he can come up with more "details" to pad out his post, but when it comes to Gen 9 games that are supposedly coming earlier, all he can say is "They sure are making them!", because specific guesses would be more easily proven false.

I'm on side of the leak most likely being fake, but I just want to add to parts of the discussion that have been had.
It really would not be a surprise for TPCi to have a five year plan for their release cycle. These are multimillion dollar projects that will involve more than just a video game release.

I can believe things being more solid for the current set of releases and things for Gen 9 as well. Everything involving Gen 10 and the Gen 5 remakes being so crazy can just come down to high-end planning shooting high before settling on an actual plan. Like, I wouldn't put it past executives thinking that combining BW and B2W2 into a single game with additional story wouldn't be a bad idea. Chances are once actual planning for the games gets closer that they'll have a better picture of what's possible. Same for wanting the 30th anniversary to be wild.

Pokemon Go getting a sequel by then also seems likely. The game will be ten years old by that point, and most smartphones will most likely be strong enough to handle a new title for the series.

Dunno if she's credible or not but Samus Hunter on Twitter posted this today along with some details on BDSP and Unite..
1621262974770.png

1621263039368.png

1621263142557.png

Attachments

• 1621263084068.png
    1621263084068.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 996
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom