• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Dunno if she's credible or not but Samus Hunter on Twitter posted this today along with some details on BDSP and Unite..
Maybe it’s just me, but a lot of their comments appear to pretty vague and/or safe. See, for example, their comment above the Legends Arceus image, which is pretty similar to a lot of the speculation surrounding the game (e.g. their comment about it being single-player). Not to mention there’s a leak from Centro saying that the combat system in Legends will be different, so their comments about a combat system change aren’t unique.

Dunno if she's credible or not but Samus Hunter on Twitter posted this today along with some details on BDSP and Unite..
I mean, pretty much all of this is stuff that's been speculated about for several pages now, and most of that just seems to be no-brainer information lol. Like the kind of info you'd expect to be present based on what we've seen from the teaser trailer. I guess it's cool to see everyone on the same page? :wynaut:

I do think there's a point where this principle goes the other way, though- people also make leaks that keep things vague and fill them with lowball guesses to seem credible, and then there's things like the Affleck leak that do turn up more details than usual.
Well, yeah, but really no amount of detail makes a leak more credible. It's more like a scale where the starting point is zero and the only direction it can go is in the negatives. It's either plausible-and-waiting-to-be-proven or hey-faker-nice-wishlist-you-got-there.

Maybe it’s just me, but a lot of their comments appear to pretty vague and/or safe. See, for example, their comment above the Legends Arceus image, which is pretty similar to a lot of the speculation surrounding the game (e.g. their comment about it being single-player). Not to mention there’s a leak from Centro saying that the combat system in Legends will be different, so their comments about a combat system change aren’t unique.
They do take a bit of a risk with the "there will be some new pokemon" statement, though. Kind of. I mean, Meltan was a thing so it's not terribly unlikely. Especially since new pokemon do drive sales.

....and they'd probably be more mythicals if there are any. I'm sad to see mythicals becoming more and more synonymous with "sales gimmick."

A 4chan leak HDvee covered mentioned armored Pokémon granting the equipped Pokémon an ability which honestly sounds like a really cool concept. We know armored Pokémon exist from flashbacks of Pokémon at war either from XY or the Lucario movie, maybe both, and then there’s also the more modern armored Mewtwo.

With that being said, I don’t think the armored leak is real, it sounds way too ambitious for Game Freak, but I will speculate on what that could look like a little bit.

On the topic of armor granting Pokémon an ability, Steelworker is an ability and armor is often made out of Steel or some other metal, so giving non-Steel type Pokémon the Steelworker ability if they have armor on makes too much sense. Steel-types having armor would normally be a bit redundant but if we’re adding abilities to Pokémon, something like Shell Armor or Bulletproof would work. Full Metal Body is also a thing.

I think some stat changes would make sense too, lowering the speed but raising the defensive stats (could be relevant with an ATB system), unless you have some sort of magical armor that gives you the ability Light Metal and maybe your speed is raised instead.

It is implied by the lack of abilities listed for the starters on the Pokémon Legends: Arceus website that Pokémon won’t have abilities, at least not initially, which adds a slight amount of credibility to the armor leak, but I think another way to get abilities later on is for them to be “discovered” by the player as the player records data for the first Pokédex, still, it’s a fun thing to think about. Armored Pokémon would be cool and it would fit with the era.

Last edited:
A 4chan leak HDvee covered mentioned armored Pokémon granting the equipped Pokémon an ability which honestly sounds like a really cool concept. We know armored Pokémon exist from flashbacks of Pokémon at war either from XY or the Lucario movie, maybe both, and then there’s also the more modern armored Mewtwo.
Considering that armored Pokémon was a somewhat common rumor/fake leak during SwSh’s pre-release cycle, I’m a bit skeptical of this.

Also Armor on Steel type Pokemon is a bit redundant (They are already armored, since they are steel type anyways) and the rumor mentioned Lucario getting it.
Well... (not defending this leak BTW) Lucario might be one of the few Steel Pokémon that I could see getting an armor considering it doesn't have any metal parts (maybe the spikes, but still...)

A 4chan leak HDvee covered mentioned armored Pokémon
XD Oh gawd not the armor thing again. I'm still sick of that from the Gen 8 pre-release.

It is implied by the lack of abilities listed for the starters on the Pokémon Legends: Arceus website that Pokémon won’t have abilities, at least not initially, which adds a slight amount of credibility to the armor leak, but I think another way to get abilities later on is for them to be “discovered” by the player as the player records data for the first Pokédex, still, it’s a fun thing to think about.
I dunno, they could've just neglected to mention them, considering abilities are less straight-forward information to provide than type, height, weight, and the uselessness that is category.

Or- and I think this may be more likely- they really did create a new battle system for these games and it was easier to just cut abilities than to figure out how to make them work with the new system. Probably cut a lot of moves out too.

I can't find the exact source of this but I read somewhere that apparently Legends is going off the same philosophies as BOTW with gameplay mechanics focusing on free exploration and the bond between the player and their Pokemon. There's also a simplified version of the mechanics introduced in the franchise.

Honestly I don't know what "same philosophies as BOTW" means but it sounds promising.

Edit: found it

Edit 2: Just found out someone already posted this leak. Oops.

Last edited:
How can you simplify the battle system even more?
Take out abilities, for a start. I actually kinda laugh at this question because Pokemon's battle system is hella complicated, and we've seen numerous examples over the years of it being simplified for other games. XD

Pokemon GO, Rumble, Pokken... if Legends really is using a more real-time sort of battle system, I could see abilities and possibly status moves being thrown aside to make it easier to design. Could go a step further and drastically reduce the number of available moves entirely.

Pokemon GO, Rumble, Pokken... if Legends really is using a more real-time sort of battle system, I could see abilities and possibly status moves being thrown aside to make it easier to design. Could go a step further and drastically reduce the number of available moves entirely.
I wouldn't consider Pokken simplified, but that's after playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 again...

The others... okay, I forgot about them.

Then you can delete Pokemon that rely on such moves and aren't otherwise useful as well.

Then you can delete Pokemon that rely on such moves and aren't otherwise useful as well.
Wouldn’t that also mean scrapping the Unown, which have been previously established to have a history in Sinnoh and are connected to Arceus? That would be a bad retcon unless Game Freak decided to omit Unown from the DP remakes as well.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom