• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Not always- Azurill to Marill prior to Gen 6, Eevee to its evolutions, and Swablu to Mega Altaria if we count Megas.

Not that this means the Voltorb line is more likely to keep the Electric type as a result- even if we could assume a trend from this small pool, there's no reason all new variants have to follow it.
Yeah, I know not always, but most of the time it's the more likely outcome, and I didn't want to get into nuance when trying to explain why two regional variants don't establish a trend and why the three new evos shouldn't be factored in.

Aside from Mewtwo existing there's also Motonari indirectly mentioning the Pokédex. So I guess Ransei is really, really isolated.
Ransei is an island. Don't know where it is located, so it might be isolated in a way.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.42.11 PM.png

No clue why it's shaped like Arceus, though

E4141579-A1C6-42D2-B301-A0BCFF29418C.jpeg

Centro combined the Chinese images with “their own” for a “final” leak. They also separately “leaked” the existence of an Ursaring evo that you ride.

I’m so excited- it’s like it’s the SM leak season again!!! I assume the bottom right is Ursaring, which looks like a clown or something? Normal/Fairy? (Shrugs) And bottom left reminds me of Avalugg- new evolution that is a boat?

Who knows if any of this is real, but whatever! I’m loving the speculations and debates it creates!

The thing to keep in mind is true leakers may add intentionally wrong information to obscure their tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ursaring evolution is completely fake. Ditto for Centro's other claim in which he suggested we may get Hisuian Mewtwo.

The thing to keep in mind is true leakers may add intentionally wrong information to obscure their tracks.
When has that ever actually happened? It’s not like someone looks at a leak and says “Oh, they had all the confidential info but included something they made up, I guess this is just a really lucky guess!”
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ursaring evolution is completely fake.
The Ursaring is something Centro’s claiming has only been told to them- if that was intentional misinfo, then why isn’t it accompanied by something else unique to them?

Not that I think it’s likely to be real- I just think it’s more likely another person pulling one over on Centro rather than them intentionally giving misinformation.
Ditto for Centro's other claim in which he suggested we may get Hisuian Mewtwo.
That one’s a totally separate “source” according to them. (also they didn’t really “suggest we may get it” lol, they just directly said it)

View attachment 151109
Centro combined the Chinese images with “their own” for a “final” leak. They also separately “leaked” the existence of an Ursaring evo that you ride.

I’m so excited- it’s like it’s the SM leak season again!!! I assume the bottom right is Ursaring, which looks like a clown or something? Normal/Fairy? (Shrugs) And bottom left reminds me of Avalugg- new evolution that is a boat?

Who knows if any of this is real, but whatever! I’m loving the speculations and debates it creates!
i dont know how to feel about the girl in the middle top when it comes to a pokemon design- i got nothing for the rest other pokeball being voltorb.
(Also we already saw Ursaring, so unless its a new evo which is possible)

i dont know how to feel about the girl in the middle top when it comes to a pokemon design- i got nothing for the rest other pokeball being voltorb.
(Also we already saw Ursaring, so unless its a new evo which is possible)
Well, apparently some of these also involve the name of the character? (Although honestly I like her aesthetic, I think it'd be fun in a Pokemon)

View attachment 151109

Okay so other than what's supposedly the starters and an ursaring evo... and voltorb...

Cacturne or Maractus evo? Slugma maybe? Uhhh... Avalugg?

I assume pink-haired lady is a reference to Arezu's noble, seeing as we already kinda know that it has some pink/grass something going on.

I don’t trust Cento at all but their pinned Tweet claims Legends DLC for 2022 - that tweet saying Gen 9 comes first implies the release scheduled for next year is Legends, then Gen 9 then Legends DLC….sounds like more bs to me.

I don’t trust Cento at all but their pinned Tweet claims Legends DLC for 2022 - that tweet saying Gen 9 comes first implies the release scheduled for next year is Legends, then Gen 9 then Legends DLC….sounds like more bs to me.

I interpreted the "Not DLC. Gen 9 is next." tweet as a correction that the supposed Legends DLC wasn't happening, Gen 9 is.

Remind me what Centro has gotten right in the past. No, calling attention to leaks/dumps/speculation that anyone can find online doesn't count.

DLC doesn't just poof out of existence.

Also, Ursaring isn't going to evolve in a game where it already has a giant Alpha form. It couldn't be more intimidating if it tried. Centro also says that it's ridable... Really now? We saw a glimpse of the rock climber, and it's no bear. There's no point in a much slower Wyrdeer alternative, either. This is obviously just speculation based on Mai's leggings, which is a bit disturbing.

Another tweet claims that the game will include 400 Pokemon after DLC. Leaving aside the ambiguity around the latter (it's either that or a new generation for 2022, not both), we've seen very few Pokemon outside the Platinum Pokedex. Maybe we should get more information about the actual game before we pretend to know all about the DLC that another "source" claims doesn't exist?

Last edited:
The Ursaring thing is indeed questionable because of it already being an alpha Pokémon, which so far have been all fully evolved forms. However, it being rideable means it’s a noble, which would be a one-off in the wild I assume. So I get that, especially if it’s later in the game and this Ursaring is an Obsidean Fieldlands alpha meant to scare you early-game.

A bruiser-style ride Pokémon that knocks boulders away (like Tauros in SM and the HM Strength) would be different than Wyrdeer, which is like the running boots plus jumping over ledges. An Ursaring evo could fill that role. Plus, it allows for fun options in riding as the game progresses- like how you could choose between Tauros and Stoutland in SM, and how you can choose from multiple ride options in games like BotW.

The Ursaring thing is indeed questionable because of it already being an alpha Pokémon, which so far have been all fully evolved forms. However, it being rideable means it’s a noble, which would be a one-off in the wild I assume. So I get that, especially if it’s later in the game and this Ursaring is an Obsidean Fieldlands alpha meant to scare you early-game.

A bruiser-style ride Pokémon that knocks boulders away (like Tauros in SM and the HM Strength) would be different than Wyrdeer, which is like the running boots plus jumping over ledges. An Ursaring evo could fill that role. Plus, it allows for fun options in riding as the game progresses- like how you could choose between Tauros and Stoutland in SM, and how you can choose from multiple ride options in games like BotW.

Rideable and noble Pokémon are special Pokémon But the rideable ones aren't referred as noble Pokémon in any promotion materials. They are two separate things, so I doubt that's the case. Even if that ends up being the case, we still don't know if Kleavor is rideable or not.

Also, We already saw non-rideable Pokémon "headbutting" trees, so I don't see any reason knocking boulders needs to be done by one.

There's really any number of things that a rideable ursaring could be used for... it's not like there's a limit of roles to fill, we rode stoutland just so it could sniff the ground. We had lapras, sharpedo and mantine for water travel. We had tauros and mudsdale for running across the terrain. If we got something vaguely redundant, it wouldn't be a first.

Also, We already saw non-rideable Pokémon "headbutting" trees, so I don't see any reason knocking boulders needs to be done by one.
Boulders are a lot heavier than shaking a tree, though. Hell, going back to HMs, not every pokemon that could use Headbutt was able to use Rock Smash.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom