• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

It's not just different names from canon, though, it's totally different mechanics.

It suggests that the "Base Leaders" are completely distinct from the "Guardians", rather than being their caretakers.

And the stories given in the two fakes are totally contradictory, with the Terrain Kings fake saying that you "stumbled upon the plate that matches your starter's typing", leading to branching quests, while this one says you find all three starter types at the same time. (And by fighting the normal form of the Pokemon, not the regional form like Nobles have all been up to this point)

It's just like "armored evolution" during the SwSh leak season- people get an idea based on what we know about the games and try to mix it in.

Guardian Pokemon sound like Nobles- or actually they sound like Alphas. They're stronger and bigger, just like Totems.

And the Base Leaders do sound like Wardens- we know we battle Mai. It doesn't seem like we fight Wyrdeer, so Mai could just hand us the plate. We know that we battle Kleavor, who could be one of the strong pokemon in possession of one.

But yeah on the starter types... only explanation I could suggest for that one to match up is that maybe it's just that the first one you encounter depends on which starter you choose and one or both of these people could be confused.

Really not sure how to feel about these two leaks, I'm personally writing them down as plausible, I guess. And at least this second one actually offers something more interesting than a fetch quest for information, though I still strongly veto UBs being present in this game. >.>; Oh well, if it winds up legit, I'll take the Hisuian Legendary Beasts as compensation.

Guardian Pokemon sound like Nobles- or actually they sound like Alphas. They're stronger and bigger, just like Totems.
Alpha don't seem to be as important to the story as Nobles, seeing as they don't have any special lore or caretakers. They seem to just be a standard optional miniboss.
And the Base Leaders do sound like Wardens- we know we battle Mai. It doesn't seem like we fight Wyrdeer, so Mai could just hand us the plate.
Literally all they said was that they exist, so I think saying they "sound like Wardens" is a stretch- there's no details connecting them other than "We know you fight one of them", and that's a given, all Pokemon games involve important trainer battles.
We know that we battle Kleavor, who could be one of the strong pokemon in possession of one.
We also know that Kleavor a) isn't an Alpha, like you were saying the Guardian Pokemon could be, and b) has a Warden, Lian. So are we getting a Plate from the Noble and from the Warden? If that's the case, what do we get from Basculegion and Iscan? It said you get the Water Plate from a Piplup at the start.

Just no. That "leak" claims that Arceus has a new ability, but we know quite clearly that abilities have been removed. The island stuff is also nonsense and Plates don't seem to play a big role (why should they when held items are gone?). It wouldn't make sense to give Dialga and Palkia Legeds-exclusive forms, either.

Growlithe and Zoroark are hardly obscure Pokemon (remember Water-type Arcanine from a real SM leak?). Had that person predicted a Stantler and Basculin evolutions, then we'd have something to talk about.

Alpha don't seem to be as important to the story as Nobles, seeing as they don't have any special lore or caretakers. They seem to just be a standard optional miniboss.

Literally all they said was that they exist, so I think saying they "sound like Wardens" is a stretch- there's no details connecting them other than "We know you fight one of them", and that's a given, all Pokemon games involve important trainer battles.

We also know that Kleavor a) isn't an Alpha, like you were saying the Guardian Pokemon could be, and b) has a Warden, Lian. So are we getting a Plate from the Noble and from the Warden? If that's the case, what do we get from Basculegion and Iscan? It said you get the Water Plate from a Piplup at the start.
Oh, I was saying they're like Alphas based on the belief that they seemed to be mentioned separately from the Base Leaders but it's in with the rest of the info regarding plates so... gonna backtrack on that one and say that they could be Nobles. People were already getting Totem vibes when Kleavor was revealed anyway.

And I don't mean that it sounds like Wardens as to be like "holy shit they're definitely Wardens" because yeah, important trainer battles are kind of a given. I just mean that when they say Base Leaders they might be referring to Wardens because Wardens do kind of fit the description, about as much as Nobles fit the description of Guardian pokemon.

In regards to Kleavor, I think it could be an either/or situation where either you get it from the Warden or you get it from the pokemon they look after. It doesn't have to be that the Warden hands it to you every time.

Basculegion is definitely the one where I feel like both of these leaks fall apart because I don't know how they could reconcile the Water plate unless you just don't get a plate from every Warden/Noble and Iscan/Basculegion's only purpose is to give you the water ride.

There's also Arezu and her probably-Grass lady pokemon to consider, too.

Just no. That "leak" claims that Arceus has a new ability, but we know quite clearly that abilities have been removed. The island stuff is also nonsense and Plates don't seem to play a big role (why should they when held items are gone?).

Growlithe and Zoroark are hardly obscure Pokemon (remember Water-type Arcanine from a real SM leak?). Had that person predicted a Stantler and Basculin evolutions, then we'd have something to talk about.
Do we know that held items are gone? Because "carried items" are absolutely a thing-

BuzwLHB.png

Anyway, there's still plenty to talk about. They got three guesses right and none of their others can be disproven yet, so that's something.

I think it’s fake because of the idea of starting in a northeast island and getting the first three plates there. That’s very early game content that would be finalized by the time that leak came out, and it contradicts what all the trailers are implying to be the early game content (start in Jubilife, explore Obsidian Fieldlands, get your very first research which is about Wurmple).

Throwing that as fake info to keep legal at bay would be a bold choice…

I think it’s fake because of the idea of starting in a northeast island and getting the first three plates there. That’s very early game content that would be finalized by the time that leak came out, and it contradicts what all the trailers are implying to be the early game content (start in Jubilife, explore Obsidian Fieldlands, get your very first research which is about Wurmple).

Throwing that as fake info to keep legal at bay would be a bold choice…

It's definitely questionable... and I wouldn't even give it the "throwing in fake info to deter legal" because I don't think that's even a thing. Leaks don't get things wrong because it magically shields them from repercussions, they just either make mistakes or made a lot of otherwise lucky guesses.

I want to be open to the idea that it's a mistake or a misunderstanding on their part or on our part about how the game starts but no matter how I look at it, I don't think starting on that island really makes any sense. Unless we pick our starter and the team automatically ships us off there to learn the ropes but even then- what a weird choice?

I still want those Hisuian Legendary Beasts and alt form Arceus, though. =I So it can be fake but I'll just take those and have a nice day.

Compared to a lot of other Sinnoh evolutions, Weavile always felt small and unfinished. And yeah, see the point already made about Porygon (higher BST than Weavile, and they give it another evo and like 20 more BST) which would be a very similar situation.

XD This, except I think Ursaring and Weavile are both bland enough to be ideal candidates for evos, so come on Game Freak- gimme a better bear and cat-thing.
I didn't know people could be this wrong

Weavile is lowkey one of the best designed pokemon ever

Unless we pick our starter and the team automatically ships us off there to learn the ropes but even then- what a weird choice?
Seems possible that it might be the main character’s home town where they meet the professor who then recruits them to the Galaxy Team (or whatever it’s called) in a similar way to most of the core games starting in a small town that either happens to have a research lab or a visiting professor.

I guess an island as a starting setting could also make sense with the Hisui set up as it would be easier to defend against wild Pokémon on an island rather than mainland -l ess need for walls, once any land based wild Pokémon are driven away it would mainly be flying Pokémon that the residents would need to worry about.

I could see the first plate relating to the starter and that kicking the storyline with finding the plates if that really is a thing - and I could see it being that not every warden/nobel Pokémon being connected to plates is possible. Thing is that Legends is such a departure from a lot of Pokémon conventions that it’s anyone’s guess with how some things will operate.

contradicts what all the trailers are implying to be the early game content (start in Jubilife, explore Obsidian Fieldlands, get your very first research which is about Wurmple).

thing is that the Wurmple research could literally be like a training level which a lot of people wouldn’t necessarily see as the first real mission. I need to rewatch the trailers to really get the wording on it though as I don’t remember how explicit they were on that level of detail - as in that could have been an example of the type of research that you do early in the game rather than this is specifically the first bit of research.

Seems possible that it might be the main character’s home town where they meet the professor who then recruits them to the Galaxy Team (or whatever it’s called) in a similar way to most of the core games starting in a small town that either happens to have a research lab or a visiting professor.

I guess an island as a starting setting could also make sense with the Hisui set up as it would be easier to defend against wild Pokémon on an island rather than mainland -l ess need for walls, once any land based wild Pokémon are driven away it would mainly be flying Pokémon that the residents would need to worry about.

I could see the first plate relating to the starter and that kicking the storyline with finding the plates if that really is a thing - and I could see it being that not every warden/nobel Pokémon being connected to plates is possible. Thing is that Legends is such a departure from a lot of Pokémon conventions that it’s anyone’s guess with how some things will operate.

thing is that the Wurmple research could literally be like a training level which a lot of people wouldn’t necessarily see as the first real mission. I need to rewatch the trailers to really get the wording on it though as I don’t remember how explicit they were on that level of detail - as in that could have been an example of the type of research that you do early in the game rather than this is specifically the first bit of research.

The thing is that the island in question seems to be Stark Mountain. It's not just an island, it's an active volcano.

We also clearly see the starters being introduced to us in the Galaxy Team building, so we're not picking our starter on Stark Mountain, and the Wurmple research appears to be taking place in Jubilife, and it is most likely one of the beginner quests but it's also very much not on Stark Mountain.

So with all of our introductions and shit happening in Jubilife... where does the island come in?

Have to admit I hadn’t looked at where the island sits so that’s pretty damning and the Starters in the office is a very good point - In theory the player could be recruited from anywhere and taken by the professor to the Galaxy HQ to pick a Pokémon but seems pretty unlikely - a field recruit is more likely to be given the Pokémon in the field to help with a dangerous situation (ala saving Prof Birch from Wild Pokémon) than recruited in the field and given their Pokémon elsewhere unless there’s a similar catching something first from the wild like Let’s Go but that seems incredibly unlikely in the context of that we already know of Legends.

Honestly I’d say starting around Mt Coronet would be more likely than starting around Stark Mountain - not that I think that’s what’s going to happen but storyline wise would make more sense and be more interesting.

Wurmple research appears to be taking place in Jubilife
That but I didn’t doubt happening at Jublife but it was the order and significance of that missions was more what I was questioning - though like I said I really need to rewatch the trailers to get the wording on what was said about it.

Have to admit I hadn’t looked at where the island sits so that’s pretty damning and the Starters in the office is a very good point - In theory the player could be recruited from anywhere and taken by the professor to the Galaxy HQ to pick a Pokémon but seems pretty unlikely - a field recruit is more likely to be given the Pokémon in the field to help with a dangerous situation (ala saving Prof Birch from Wild Pokémon) than recruited in the field and given their Pokémon elsewhere unless there’s a similar catching something first from the wild like Let’s Go but that seems incredibly unlikely in the context of that we already know of Legends.

Honestly I’d say starting around Mt Coronet would be more likely than starting around Stark Mountain - not that I think that’s what’s going to happen but storyline wise would make more sense and be more interesting.

That but I didn’t doubt happening at Jublife but it was the order and significance of that missions was more what I was questioning - though like I said I really need to rewatch the trailers to get the wording on what was said about it.

Yeah, in theory it could be done... but it'd be such a messy back and forth to go to Jubilife to get your starter and then back to Stark to do the tutorial... and you're more likely to find beginner level pokemon out in the field than around the volcano, so it just wouldn't make sense overall.

=/ So I dunno, either they got something grossly wrong about the starting area or they just made three good guesses about pokemon, and so far the latter seems more likely.

I vote we keep this one on the back burner next to the garbage, just in case.

I know a lot of people will complain if meowth keeps getting forms but I think it would actually be cool if it really is their intention to release a regional form of meowth for every possible region? Kind of belatedly turning it into a special pokemon and making it the embodiment of cat breeds across the world.
Having diversity as you cited isn't the issue, but rather it being the exact same Pokemon sort of is, and from the first Generation, too. Especially when we have Skitty and Glameow, similar cat-based Pokemon.

Ironically, Glameow could have used a Hisuian form given how unpopular Purugly is, with a backstory being implied that Glameow were domesticated and rather than evolving into whatever they did, their domestication and spoilage turned them into Purugly. Given they've yet to appear in any other regional Pokedex, it would be a rather bold statement about the encroachment of human civilization. However, because both have been pretty much confirmed as their regular selves, that's not happening, so we're settling with Meowth.

Anyone else think we’ll get a trailer tomorrow? Eclipse said they’ll talk about Sneasel on Tuesday, which I assume is a weird way to say “the climbing Pokémon will be revealed Tuesday, so I’ll say more about it then”.

I can see them revealing climbing, therefore revealing the climbing Pokémon and possibly its warden, and then maybe show the player climbing up to the snowy mountain forest where Zorua is?

Having diversity as you cited isn't the issue, but rather it being the exact same Pokemon sort of is, and from the first Generation, too. Especially when we have Skitty and Glameow, similar cat-based Pokemon.

Ironically, Glameow could have used a Hisuian form given how unpopular Purugly is, with a backstory being implied that Glameow were domesticated and rather than evolving into whatever they did, their domestication and spoilage turned them into Purugly. Given they've yet to appear in any other regional Pokedex, it would be a rather bold statement about the encroachment of human civilization. However, because both have been pretty much confirmed as their regular selves, that's not happening, so we're settling with Meowth.
I think you missed my point, actually- having it be the exact same pokemon is the essential thing. It would make Meowth sort of the Eevee of regional variants. It'd be like turning it into a sort of novelty pokemon. Imagine if we ever got an item to change regional forms? Meowth could be the one to do it all. That's why I don't think it's a problem and am actually rooting for a Hisuian Meowth.

Anyone else think we’ll get a trailer tomorrow? Eclipse said they’ll talk about Sneasel on Tuesday, which I assume is a weird way to say “the climbing Pokémon will be revealed Tuesday, so I’ll say more about it then”.

I can see them revealing climbing, therefore revealing the climbing Pokémon and possibly its warden, and then maybe show the player climbing up to the snowy mountain forest where Zorua is?
Part of me does think we'll get a trailer this week, especially because we haven't seen official artwork or gameplay of Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark.

I think you missed my point, actually- having it be the exact same pokemon is the essential thing. It would make Meowth sort of the Eevee of regional variants. It'd be like turning it into a sort of novelty pokemon. Imagine if we ever got an item to change regional forms? Meowth could be the one to do it all. That's why I don't think it's a problem and am actually rooting for a Hisuian Meowth.

Meowth Regional form of every type when?

New hint from the Riddler Twitter very clearly implies that we are getting a Hisuian Sneasel that evolves into something that is not Weavile (they have pictures of Persian, Cofagrigus, and Weavile together saying they have something in common).

This really establishes that anything at all is possible. Why is there a Hisuian Sneasel when Sneasel lived just fine in the extremely uninhabited snowy area of Sinnoh? Shrug!

So let the speculation begin on what type Hisuian Sneasel and its evolution will be!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom