• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

They could just go the simple route and use technology instead. And skip Kanto since it traditionally comes bundled with Johto anyway- also it's gonna be a hell of a long time before we loop back to that one since we just did LGPE.
Yeah, I suppose it would make more sense to put those two together, especially sense Kanto on its own... doesnt really have anything going on to make a legends game about. Although that begs the question, what protagonist? It would have to be the Johto protagonists, right? I just don't see them bringing Red back as a protagonist, especially in a game with character customization.

Edit: I suppose they could also do the LGPE protagonists... although i would rather they not.

Yeah, I suppose it would make more sense to put those two together, especially sense Kanto on its own... doesnt really have anything going on to make a legends game about. Although that begs the question, what protagonist? It would have to be the Johto protagonists, right? I just don't see them bringing Red back as a protagonist, especially in a game with character customization.

Edit: I suppose they could also do the LGPE protagonists... although i would rather they not.
I think using the Johto protag would make the most sense, yeah.

Eh, I'd say LGPE was actually the first indication of where they were headed with remakes. Aside from the GO playstyle, it was a copy-paste of Red and Blue as well. And if we take that into account, then FRLG and ORAS were actually the only remakes with substantial added content. Not to say that I think BDSP shouldn't have had some, because it absolutely should have, but LGPE was the first red flag that they were going down the path of faithful remakes.

Pretty sure BDSP did have outfit options, though? Customization has become a standard, at least.

I agree that Legends is obviously the game that they wanted to make, but I really don't think BDSP was intended as a fail-safe, like they were afraid of how Legends would be received. BDSP is just necessary to give context to new players and as a refresher for older players. Honestly, making BDSP so verbatim was a greater risk than Legends would ever be, there's nothing "safe" about just remaking the same game in its entirety.
I don't know. LGPE was still diffrent despite them copy and pasting Kanto. It was the first Kanto game where you didn't play as Red or Leaf, Green finally broke out of her 20 year long stint in purgatory, there was slight crossover with SMUSUM, it was more of a Yellow remake than a Red/Blue/Green remake, and of course Alolan forms and megas existed in the game, two things that didnt exist in the originals or first remakes.

I should have probably said "default costume changes". Since like even ORAS and HGSS had the contest and Pokethon outfits respectively and HGSS had the Team Rocket one too. Sure you couldn't change into them like you can BDSP, but it's still alt. costumes.

And I only keep saying it feels like a fail-safe because it is the exactly same. If it was meant to be a refresher, I still think they'd at least change Jubilife around instead of making it 1:1 to the original. I mean even if they had a character say "oh this old building! It has a lot of history here in Jubilife City. I think it was a base for some research organization 125 years ago." While standing in front of a building that looked vaguely like the Galaxy HQ would have at least tied it back to Legends while still acting as a refresher for people who previously played the originals or never played the originals. But without that, it just seems like either it was an afterthought or something to fall back on if the changes didn't go over very well.

And I only keep saying it feels like a fail-safe because it is the exactly same. If it was meant to be a refresher, I still think they'd at least change Jubilife around instead of making it 1:1 to the original. I mean even if they had a character say "oh this old building! It has a lot of history here in Jubilife City. I think it was a base for some research organization 125 years ago." While standing in front of a building that looked vaguely like the Galaxy HQ would have at least tied it back to Legends while still acting as a refresher for people who previously played the originals or never played the originals. But without that, it just seems like either it was an afterthought or something to fall back on if the changes didn't go over very well.
Aaah, well I think it might be too much of a retcon to suddenly have the building there. I know ORAS had a whole explanation for why Mauville was revamped, and BDSP takes a similar approach with the "newly discovered" lore in the Canalave library. But I don't think they could as seamlessly act as though the HQ building was always there.

From what the opening scene suggests, the LA protag was never from the Pokemon world, since Arceus says the Pokemon world would be strange to them.

That'd completely rule out it being a sequel to DPPt/BDSP - it's just a completely originally adventure that leads into those games
No the protag is familiar with pokemon even in the opening Laventon asked if the protag knew what pokemon is and says at least even if you have amnesia you know what pokemon is

What Arceus says in the opening is how strange HISUI is not the pokemon world.

There is a clear indication that the protag is from the present probably the original protag from DDPt BDSP that is currently vacationing in Kalos since they have a Kalos shirt

No the protag is familiar with pokemon even in the opening Laventon asked if the protag knew what pokemon is and says at least even if you have amnesia you know what pokemon is

What Arceus says in the opening is how strange HISUI is not the pokemon world.

There is a clear indication that the protag is from the present probably the original protag from DDPt BDSP that is currently vacationing in Kalos since they have a Kalos shirt
The shirt seemingly changes based on either sex or skin colour , as there’s at least one Galar one, from what I saw.

I'm just waiting until the whole spoiler thing is relieved so that I can make two theories about the game.

So… it’s been a while since I last posted here lol.

I saw the leaks, the game looks incredible and I can’t wait to get my hands on it, BUT I didn’t care for most of the new forms, except for Zorua and Braviary. There is hardly any cute ones from the newly leaked ones….

-Ursaluna: OK design, just not something I would use, it’s not my style.

-Typloshion: OK, the pink flames made it better and I think it’s looks fine, could have been better, but it’s cool nevertheless I guess?

-Samuratt: Looks too similar to the original

-Decidueye: not my style, too humanoid.

-Sneasel: OK, I like its colors

-Sneaslor: Meh.. slender man

-Goodra line: kinda cute when insides it’s shell, but I wish it’s colors were different. It looks too similar to the original

-Quilfish line: Not bad, just not my style.

-Arcanine: Disappointed. I excepted a majestic design.

-Electrode: Bland and basic.

-Lilligant: I dislike its design. Looks unfinished and I’m so disappointed.

-Avalugg: OK, not my style.

- Enamorus: I like it, it’s unique.

- Palkia and Dialga: they look very weird

Last edited:
I literally just logged in after like 50 years to talk about this since Reddit is kinda bad in that regard

WOW, judging from the leaks this game is literally everything I've hoped though Dialga and Palkia look absolutely awful in my opinion.

My favourite form so far is probably Typloshion cuz he just looks really chilled out which I find kind of amusing.

Trying to avoid story spoilers though so no thoughts from me about that

Last edited:
Realized something... with moves being easier to swap between everything a pokemon has ever learned, if that carries into all future games, could Smeargle collect every possible move, or would it only be able to relearn Sketch over and over? Because it'd be pretty badass if it could learn every move it can and retain them.

Really a rhetorical question but damn, how cool would it be?

Realized something... with moves being easier to swap between everything a pokemon has ever learned, if that carries into all future games, could Smeargle collect every possible move, or would it only be able to relearn Sketch over and over? Because it'd be pretty badass if it could learn every move it can and retain them.

Really a rhetorical question but damn, how cool would it be?
If the legend plate is brought to future games and judgement works based on held items again. Sketch works on Judgement, so Legend Plate Judgment Smeargle is a theoretical possibility. Granted I doubt it would be useful but still.

I hope Gen 9 will be as beautiful as PLA. Also heard Masuda was not involve in PLA(No wonder game was good and as difficult as it is) was he too busy with BDSP or was he involve in Gen 9 project? also Ohmori was not in was well i think(still mad at this two for doing Dexit and deciding not to include Battle frontier in ORAS)

The game director this time is Iwao the one who directs USUM and IOA-CT DLC which IMO was a very great director and this game shows it. Looks how difficult Necrozma boss battle is and how difficult Arceus boss battle now.

The game director this time is Iwao the one who directs USUM and IOA-CT DLC which IMO was a very great director and this game shows it. Looks how difficult Necrozma boss battle is and how difficult Arceus boss battle now.

I agree. He's a great director, I hope he gets to direct another mainline game moving forward. Gen 9 or 10 maybe?

I hope Gen 9 will be as beautiful as PLA. Also heard Masuda was not involve in PLA(No wonder game was good and as difficult as it is) was he too busy with BDSP or was he involve in Gen 9 project? also Ohmori was not in was well i think(still mad at this two for doing Dexit and deciding not to include Battle frontier in ORAS)

The Ultra Necrozma boss battle still gives me nightmares, I would much prefer not having to deal with one of those every game personally. I understand difficulty but that one was too hard, if you didn't already have a mon on your team who could easily deal with it you were basically forced to grind a new one up. From my experience at least.
As for Masuda, yeah more likely than not he is busy with Gen 9 currently.

The Ultra Necrozma boss battle still gives me nightmares, I would much prefer not having to deal with one of those every game personally. I understand difficulty but that one was too hard, if you didn't already have a mon on your team who could easily deal with it you were basically forced to grind a new one up. From my experience at least.
Same... I had to cheese it by using Revives over and over until it only had Struggle. That was more for a bonus boss, not a main one.

Same... I had to cheese it by using Revives over and over until it only had Struggle. That was more for a bonus boss, not a main one.

Luckily i had a Hariyama and Zoroark on my team and put Hariyama in my last slot in my party and Zoroark in my first (So it was a Hariyama). Ultra Necrozma was easy, because it went for the Psychic move.

Well

Arceus Boss Battle will be a nightmare fuel for most of you guys lol a pokemon that literally changes type to be stronger that yours and attacks rabidly in every turn lol

In my experience Necrozma was not much a challenge since i picked primarina and her fairy moveset is all I need

I do prefere Unno(B2W2 director) and Iwao to direct the next gen games rather than Ohmori and Masuda they should both take a back seat back

Masuda's last games as director were reportedly Let's Go, so he's not likely to be leading Gen 9. I recall him saying something about giving it over to a younger team. That said, the reigns seemed like they were being passed over to Ohmori?

I don't think it's too fair to want to oust out Ohmori yet, since he's only directed two pairs of games so far. Maybe another chance for him with Masuda out of the way.

As for Masuda, though... yeah, I feel a little bad because he seems like a great guy, but he has been totally out of touch with what players actually want.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom