• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I think some of the requests ask for certain items.

Also from some of the leaked footage I've seen there seems to be some requests where we help the Construction Corps set up additional base camps in the different areas of Hisui. So it looks like we'll be having more than one travel point in each area. It will be nice not having to travel all the way back and forth from the beginning of each area.
Oh, that's neat. Good to know there's gonna be some variety.

What I would like to know when you have done a quest how do you turn it in do you have to find the person again or does the game take you there

While I LOVE many of James' designs, I think it's good to change out the main art director each gen in order to organically give each region its own style.

Even if James is not art director, he's very clearly a lifer for Pokemon designs so he will have contributions to every gen, though.
I want Atsuko Nishida to be the art director, all her designs are super cute. (Pikachu, Eeveelutions, Vulpix, Ponyta, Dratini, Cincinno, Munna, etc. )

Whoever was in charge for LA Pokémon designs should quit. Please don’t touch Gen 9. I dislike most of the new forms we got except for Zorua and Braviary.

Last edited:
I haven't kept up with the games throughout the whole series (played 1-3 & 8) but does lore really matter to you folks?

Not sure why so many discussions revolve around what was said or the logic of certain things - who cares?

They didn't do it for BDSP but in future remakes, they should retroactively add regional forms etc. into them and treat them like they have always been part of the region. Although they are now no longer having all Pokemon within a game and even generation, but it doesn't make sense that Alola has the most Pokemon or Galar has Pokemon from 8 regions, but Kanto only has Pokemon from 1 region only because it was released first. That's just stupid and unnecessary.
Clearly you havent played all the games also it is a question for those who care about the lore and pokemon a lore heavy you dont need to answer this rudely and if you must know hisui is lore heavy too and there are people who enjoys lore too so dont be a jackass and answer this rudely

Oof please no, James as art director is one thing I don't want to see again as far as the pokemon are concerned. Gen 8 was such a let down after Gen 7, and other than the great edit that was Shadow Lugia, I am not a fan of any of his pokemon designs.
Glares in Golurk

Honestly, I've only seen a few stills of the new Dialga/Palkia forms and I'm on the fence about them. They look weird to me but for all I know, they'll grow on me.

Runs amazing in handheld. No drops as far as my untrained eye can see. Battery life is ehhh because it's such a high-resource game IG.
As for controller feel I can play it completely OK in handheld. Pro controller is fun to play with as well--I guess I prefer handheld because I play handheld 90% of the time.
All in all it plays very well

I've had a bunch of times where I've been at lowish health and had to escape from a Pokémon trying to kill me, or quickly fire a Pokeball for battle/catching. You do need some reaction time, but it works in handheld.
Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah, i definitely don't mind the battery life, I was excpecting that.
Glad to hear that it plays well on handheld, I'll definitely wait to play a bit before deciding to buy or not a controller.

I'm more curious as to what kind of side quests we're gonna get. Is it all just catching Pokemon or can we look for stuff in the field as well?
It's mostly catching and fetching items, but there are a few exceptions like this one:

Mani from the Ginkgo Guild says his ancestors may have once lived at the Avalanche Slopes in the Alabaster Icelands. See if you can find traces of a village there.
You found a torn journal at the Avalanche Slopes. You might find out more information about the village you’re seeking if you track down the missing parts of the journal.
You put the old journal back together using the pages that Froslass dropped. The journal mentions a village that used to be at the Avalanche Slopes.

You can find the entire list of request descriptions in the text dump. Look for "Starly to Marli" to get started.

Last edited:
There has been a Khu tweet. Apparently there is something coming in April that has something to do with Palmer and Looker. I say this here because it could always be PLA related (Although i think it being BDSP Platinum DLC Is more likely).
I wouldn't put it past Looker to time travel to look for the Protagonist.

There has been a Khu tweet. Apparently there is something coming in April that has something to do with Palmer and Looker. I say this here because it could always be PLA related (Although i think it being BDSP Platinum DLC Is more likely).
I’d rather have a dlc like the IoA or the CT for Legends then something for BDSP, but we’ll see.

Khu also said "they are meant to be [something] but not from what you look directly."

So it may not literally be about Looker and Palmer. Many people are speculating Detective Pikachu 2

Khu also said "they are meant to be [something] but not from what you look directly."

So it may not literally be about Looker and Palmer. Many people are speculating Detective Pikachu 2
That... feels like it'd make a lot of sense.

But he also commented about the release of the PLA guidebook also being in April, so I don't know...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom