• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Oh this is interesting (at least, if you haven't managed to play the game already). Apparently the graphics may appear worse in trailers due to compression? He also answers a lot of other questions without story spoilers, if anyone wants to check that out-

Anyone know how shiny hunting will work for this game
From what I've read, they appear in the overworld with a lot of indications when one appears, so you can't miss them. I believe the odds of encountering one are also the same, but because you can spot them in the overworld and travel around quickly to generate more pokemon, they aren't as hard to find. There's also some swarm thing where they're more likely to appear.

Shiny hunting is now marginally less tedious. Instead of having to run in circle in grass and running from random battles or biking back and forth to hatch eggs, you instead just use a ride Pokemon and quickly lap around the entire map multiple times. Seems especially easy with Braviary.

Oh this is interesting (at least, if you haven't managed to play the game already). Apparently the graphics may appear worse in trailers due to compression? He also answers a lot of other questions without story spoilers, if anyone wants to check that out-

From what I've read, they appear in the overworld with a lot of indications when one appears, so you can't miss them. I believe the odds of encountering one are also the same, but because you can spot them in the overworld and travel around quickly to generate more pokemon, they aren't as hard to find. There's also some swarm thing where they're more likely to appear.
I always thought the compression affected the quality of the trailers, although we’ll see in a few days how much it affected the game.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day, with the review going online.

Oh, the frostbite thing sounds really cool! I've wanted a "burn" for special attack for a while now.

BTW in a quest the game basically gives you a shiny. You can tell because it, well, looks different, but also because it sparkles~
This is the... Second? Guaranteed catchable shiny in mainline Pokemon not counting mystery gifts right? Were there any others before this other than red gyarados?

I have seen some people say some things so i have to ask:
People who have played the game already, is there any way trailers could have even shown off all the really cool parts of the game without being too spoilery?
Or is it all stuff that you have to experience for yourself and it wouldn't come off well just in a trailer?

From Khu's tweet, I kinda hope its not just like BDSP or PLA DLC. I'm just sitting here going I'm just kinda ready for Gen 9 now. I recall tweets of him hinting this is Gen 8's last year, but not saying Gen 9 directly.
If i recall correctly they directly said Gen 9 is this year in one tweet. The problem is that if gen 9 comes out now it means it probably didnt have much time in the oven.

This is the... Second? Guaranteed catchable shiny in mainline Pokemon not counting mystery gifts right? Were there any others before this other than red gyarados?
Natural Preserve Haxorus B2W2 plus there are the 2 Benga gifts dratini/gible

From Khu's tweet, I kinda hope its not just like BDSP or PLA DLC. I'm just sitting here going I'm just kinda ready for Gen 9 now. I recall tweets of him hinting this is Gen 8's last year, but not saying Gen 9 directly.
It could be Gen 8's last year...but it's only just begun. Releasing Gen 9 this year just seems counter productive given that it will definitely overshadow BDSP and Legends. I also think someone on reddit brought up a good point that they also don't want to interfere with BotW2 and/or Splatoon 3 for Holiday 2022. So its probably going to be next year before we hear anything about Gen 9 or outside of possible DLC for Legends, Detective Pikachu 2, and maybe Sleep.

Khu said this is gen 8's last year while quote tweeting news about this year's VGC rules.

This to me says that one way or another, next year's VGC will be gen 9.

So it's possible gen 9 is this November (and keep in mind that Ohmori hasn't directed anything since SwSh, so this would be a normal development cycle as far as we know).

Or that gen 9 will release in LA's slot next January, before the VGC season starts.

Or that the rumors/speculation that competitive is moving to a new Pokemon Stadium are accurate (this is thus far only backed up by Pokemon Stadium recently being trademarked, which could mean something but could also mean nothing).

Khu hinting about an LA art book releasing in April while also indicating that something related to Palmer and Looker in April is coming says to me that LA is getting DLC with Palmer/Looker ancestors-- sounds like it's releasing in April, so probably announced on Pokemon Day?

Which Also gives the anime time it very much needs to finish its plot because no way it could finish before the end of this year without being rushed
How would legends DLC even work? Would they somehow fit in an entire new map into the sinnoh region or would it just be quests?
Also the whole no national dex thing would make a new stadium esc thing for competitive super useful, never have to worry about a pokemon not existing in that game. I assume it would have none of the gimmicks either!

Legends DLC being the Battle Zone and/or Sinjoh Ruins makes the most sense to me? Lorewise I'm really hoping for Sinjoh.

I would hope Stadium (if the speculation proves true) would have every burst mechanic, so we could have Megas vs Max like the anime.

And yeah, given that it's just a battle sim with no environments and few characters if any, every Pokemon being in a Stadium game seems more possible than trying to fit them into a game that also features a full adventure and overworld.

For a new Stadium game, they would need to allow us to obtain form-changing items since some of them are Key Items. Maybe they could be prizes that you can purchase with in-game currency. Pokemon Battle Revolution was created long before the idea of so many Pokemon having interchangeable forms. Deoxys was fine since, at the time, it relied on an overworld object rather than an item inside the bag.

Also, now that we're in the era of updates, the new Pokemon Stadium needs to be open for updates that add more Pokemon and forms from newer games once a new game comes out. It was understandable for main series games to not have updates that include newer stuff, but this is a battle simulation, so it's a must to be able to have everything accessible in one game. And it wouldn't hurt the sales of any newer Pokemon games either (it would in fact help them even more).

Last edited:
I would think it would be cool if the (theoretical) new stadium thing had ALL the gimmicks or none; however you wanted to battle. Bring back Triple and Rotation battles while we're at it. Maybe even some of the modes from Battle Revolution.

I would want it to be like an official Showdown thing with lots of choices for how you want to battle. VGC; 6v6; Battle Spot; Custom rulesets; Whatever. Maybe you wouldn't be able to straight up build teams in it, but a way to rent other teams (live they've done before) could work.

It should be a place where all the competitive can live and the main games can focus on being fun single player experiences.

Here is a thought: How are Nuzlockes going to work? Since there are no random encounters, the first rule (can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter) will have to be reworked.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom