• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

It could be Gen 8's last year...but it's only just begun. Releasing Gen 9 this year just seems counter productive given that it will definitely overshadow BDSP and Legends. I also think someone on reddit brought up a good point that they also don't want to interfere with BotW2 and/or Splatoon 3 for Holiday 2022. So its probably going to be next year before we hear anything about Gen 9 or outside of possible DLC for Legends, Detective Pikachu 2, and maybe Sleep.
There is no chance of Gen 9 overshadowing BDSP or Legends because both would be old news by November. BDSP already is old news- considering the lack of new content, it's like 15 year old news for the most part.

And right, wouldn't want Pokemon to interfere with BotW or Splatoon like it interfered with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in 2018.
Is there really evidence that this "avoiding Pokemon interfering with sales" is even a thing?

Which Also gives the anime time it very much needs to finish its plot because no way it could finish before the end of this year without being rushed
I've seen people try to bring up this point a few times but there's about 40 weeks between now and November. At one episode a week, that's around two full seasons for most anime. How much time does Pokemon really need?

Here is a thought: How are Nuzlockes going to work? Since there are no random encounters, the first rule (can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter) will have to be reworked.
Alphas or shinies-only?

I would think it would be cool if the (theoretical) new stadium thing had ALL the gimmicks or none; however you wanted to battle. Bring back Triple and Rotation battles while we're at it. Maybe even some of the modes from Battle Revolution.

I would want it to be like an official Showdown thing with lots of choices for how you want to battle. VGC; 6v6; Battle Spot; Custom rulesets; Whatever. Maybe you wouldn't be able to straight up build teams in it, but a way to rent other teams (live they've done before) could work.

It should be a place where all the competitive can live and the main games can focus on being fun single player experiences.
It wouldn't surprise me that the new Pokemon Stadium would have a single-player mode either, so it can ease players into knowing the mechanics and the different battles much like Pokemon Battle Revolution had a single-player mode to ease players into the game (though, slightly disappointing that some of those types of battles weren't options for multiplayer.

How can a cute baby Rowlet turn into this humanoid creature with long legs? It’s awful

1643144083404.png

The problem with that is that it would almost grantee that certain mons are always the first ones caught. I dont think its possible to see a single pokemon other than Bidoof as your first mon (other than your starter)
Apparently some pokemon only appear way out on the edges of the map, too? So that would eliminate them from every Nuzlocke.

Heres an idea, instead of it depending on what pokemon you first encounter. You instead use a random number generator or whatever to randomly select what pokemon you get in that area from all the possible outcomes. And of course, you would only run the generator once you reach the area to keep up the Suprise of who you're going to get. Sense technically in the older games who you got was also completely random.

XD I just think this new form looks ugly. I’m sad because Rowlet is super cute, then this thing ruined it. I hope Everstone is available in this game.
No held items, but you actually don't need it! You have to manually trigger evolution.

Planning to do the same with Quilava because eugh not a fan of Highphlosion.
Or Hiphlosion- that feels more clever. Hisuian Typhlosion/High as a kite Typhlosion.

How can a cute baby Rowlet turn into this humanoid creature with long legs? It’s awful

View attachment 155087

Owls...do have super long legs though:

2q48o8ewjq221.jpg

So having legs really doesn't automatically make it humanoid like some other pokemon. Decidueye has always just been an owl with weird clothes-like feathers and fingers.

Which Also gives the anime time it very much needs to finish its plot because no way it could finish before the end of this year without being rushed
How would legends DLC even work? Would they somehow fit in an entire new map into the sinnoh region or would it just be quests?
Also the whole no national dex thing would make a new stadium esc thing for competitive super useful, never have to worry about a pokemon not existing in that game. I assume it would have none of the gimmicks either!
They could make it like how they do DLC in SwSh put in new pokemon and quests plus a new expanded cave thing... Like maybe the underground nad how it is founded? Or a part of the Battle island extension?

Owls...do have super long legs though:

So having legs really doesn't automatically make it humanoid like some other pokemon. Decidueye has always just been an owl with weird clothes-like feathers and fingers.
It definitely is humanoid, though, but it always has been- regular Decidueye has the cloak, the hood (with hoodie strings), fingers... its wings act more like arms than they do on other birds like Pidgeot and Staraptor.

Annoyingly, all final starter evos have been humanoid for the past few generations now.

It definitely is humanoid, though, but it always has been- regular Decidueye has the cloak, the hood (with hoodie strings), fingers... its wings act more like arms than they do on other birds like Pidgeot and Staraptor.

Annoyingly, all final starter evos have been humanoid for the past few generations now.
Still waiting for Gamefreak to finally give us a darn fire type starter who remains on four legs for their final evolution.

I've been looking everywhere for it, but every article and website I go to only lists brand-new Pokémon and moves... No items — which is what I'm looking for specifically; does anyone happen to have a complete list of all the new ones included in-game?

So khu hints for april announcement was a picture of Looker and Palmer could be a DLC hint for PLA an Ultra Beast invasion in Hisui maybe? Cause Looker is a Faller and Palmer might be one? Or maybe something about their names?

No held items, but you actually don't need it! You have to manually trigger evolution.

Planning to do the same with Quilava because eugh not a fan of Highphlosion.
Or Hiphlosion- that feels more clever. Hisuian Typhlosion/High as a kite Typhlosion.
Didn’t expect it, but it already looks better than the game model. I do really like the pink flames it will have.

1643148181718.png

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom