• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

And I'm glad they made the link cable a canon item after it appeared in Mystery Dungeon. I don't care if it would have been a pretty expensive item and/or post-game, we seriously need this in a main game.

Yeah. I'm also pretty happy for the linking cord for trade evolutions. I just hope they will add this in future games.

Also, it seems that Pokemon who evolved with trade+item would only need the item to evolve in LA.

According to Centro Khu confirmed Legends DLC

And just as expected some people are instantly joining the "They released an unfinished game to sell it as DLC for more money" train.
I swear literally any AAA DLC gets this treatment unless its announced like a year later.
In this case, "unfinished game" is clearly a wrong argument this time.

Now that i think about it... at what point to we stop talking about the game (rather than just trailers) here and instead in the general discussion thread? Is it when the game is out for every country?

Honestly, I just want to post a theory about the new Dialga and Palkia forms as well as the character we play as.

I wouldn't call a catching-driven Switch game with 242 Pokemon "complete," but maybe that's just me. Anyway, I stopped taking Khu seriously (he's wishy-washy), but I think that DLC is likely to be announced next month.

Honestly, I just want to post a theory about the new Dialga and Palkia forms as well as the character we play as.
Nothing is stopping you.

I'm just saying that the low number is convenient for those that want to get Arceus and increase the shiny rate, but we're talking about less than 27% of the overall roster. There are still dozens of Pokemon that can't be found in any Switch game, and a lot more relegated to BDSP's outdated style.

I also think they could have designed a multiplayer feature of some sort, like a catching contest.

I do think the roster size is appropriate for the fact that you have to catch them all to actually beat the final quest. Especially given how long it already seems to take people to do so. The more you add the more tedious it would feel to get to that final point. The over world might also feel a little crowded with too many different species.
But i understand wishing there was more, especially with all the Pokemon without Switch representation.

I'm hoping theres more Gen 5 onwards Pokemon with whatever DLC we get beyond those with new forms. With a focus on Pokemon yet to show up on the switch. (I wouldn't count Pokemon who are technically in BDSP but only because national dex).
I think there's some Pokemon from the later gens who have yet to appear in ANY game naturally outside of transfer sense the gen they were introduced in

softly Soon... just gotta play starbound until I'm sleepy and mom will wake me tomorrow to take me to get the game yes.

And this will likely be the first and only pokemon game I complete the pokedex for. Unless more games follow this one and give me the link cable item. And nix version exclusives. Which won't happen, so yeah first and only game. Not having to trade with strangers to get everything? Yes please!!!

According to Centro Khu confirmed Legends DLC

And just as expected some people are instantly joining the "They released an unfinished game to sell it as DLC for more money" train.
I swear literally any AAA DLC gets this treatment unless its announced like a year later.

The "confirmation" tweet for anyone who isn't following Khu-

J9T32ee.png

And man, I got my garchomp kimono code in my email from Amazon today.
But the game itself still hasn't shipped.

I wouldn't call a catching-driven Switch game with 242 Pokemon "complete," but maybe that's just me
Personally, I think Legends: Arceus is an incomplete game for more reasons than just the small Pokedex. Yes, the Pokedex is surprisingly small, but I think there are bigger problems with the game than just the Pokedex size.

Legends: Arceus is very content lacking imo. There is no equivalent for Gyms or a Pokemon League. There are no Battle Facilities, not even a regular vanilla Battle Tower. There is no equivalent for Contests, or Secret Bases, or any extra content from that kind. Also, actual trainer battles are very few in comparison with previous Pokmon games.

I understand that some people have wanted an "open world" Pokemon game for ages, but I think this game really has nothing else going for it. I think it is an underwhelming game that is currently being overhyped because people are still in the Honeymoon Phase.

Of course, this is all just my personal opinion, and I am glad if other people are enjoying Legends. But its just not my type of game tbh.

Last edited:
It has released!

Here's the species names. Words in parentheses are signature moves. A "=" denotes a shared signature (shared with a pre-evolved form)
Decidueye = Arrow Quill (Triple Arrows)
Typhlosion = Ghost Flame (Infernal Parade)
Samurott = Formidable (Ceaseless Edge)
Wyrdeer = Big Horn (Psyshield Bash)
Kleavor = Axe (Stone Axe)
Qwilfish = Balloon (Barb Barrage)
Overqwil = Pin Cluster (=)
Lilligant = Mellow (Victory Dance)
Ursaluna = Peat
Sliggoo = Snail (Shelter)
Goodra = Shell Bunker (=)
Growlithe = Scout
Arcanine = Legendary
Basculin = Hostile
Basculegion = Big Fish
Voltorb = Sphere
Electrode = Sphere (Chloroblast)
Sneasel = Sharp Claw
Sneasler = Free Climb (Dire Claw)
Avalugg = Iceberg (Mountain Gale)
Zorua = Spiteful Fox (Bitter Malice)
Zoroark = Baneful Fox (=)
Braviary = Battle Cry (Esper Wing)
Enamorus = Love-Hate (Springtide Storm)

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Battle Facilities, Contests, or other side features, especially when the game is actually centered around completing the Pokedex this time. Battle Facilities don't even help with the Pokedex anyways.

Personally, I think Legends: Arceus is an incomplete game for more reasons than just the small Pokedex. Yes, the Pokedex is surprisingly small, but I think there are bigger problems with the game than just the Pokedex size.
I'm trying to judge the game by its own merits. Nobles replace gyms, so if anything we should ask why there are only 5 of them. There is no Elite Four, but Volo is stronger than Cynthia due to Giratina.

I'm in the process of creating a thread about my ideal Legends game. Yes, there should be more trainer battles and other elements from the main series, but none of the fat.

I mean there’s nothing wrong with wanting more content other than the primary objective. I do believe they could’ve found something to add more content but here we are.

I hope the DLC doesn’t make paying $60 feel like a rip-off, because that’s the exact feeling I got from BDSP.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom