• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Thinking on it, I don't think Khu would say something incredibly wrong only to have it be disproven by an official announcement. He screws around, but he's never been that lax with his credibility.
Khu can be a real petty asshole though. I feel as if he intentionally words things in a way he can say "They misinterpreted my information!" purposely as bait.

Didn’t he strongly allude to PLA DLC being paid just a few weeks ago? Like laughing at people saying it should be free. I’m so sick of them.

That being said, a direct content tweet like this has to be credible (even if it contradicts their earlier mocking of people wanting a free DLC).

No new area is very strange though. What are we supposed to do with the new outbreak species if there’s nothing else to do? I don’t get it.

But it also makes even MORE sense now to have a Gen 9 tease. I would love just the titles and a starter tease (blurry flashes across the screen or silhouettes). Not much time left to wait!

Didn’t he strongly allude to PLA DLC being paid just a few weeks ago? Like laughing at people saying it should be free. I’m so sick of them.

That being said, a direct content tweet like this has to be credible (even if it contradicts their earlier mocking of people wanting a free DLC).

No new area is very strange though. What are we supposed to do with the new outbreak species if there’s nothing else to do? I don’t get it.

But it also makes even MORE sense now to have a Gen 9 tease. I would love just the titles and a starter tease (blurry flashes across the screen or silhouettes). Not much time left to wait!
He did say that he saw "tons of hilarious speculation about a free dlc thing" but given what he's saying about the DLC, the hilarious part probably wasn't that it was free, but how much people thought might be in it- like new areas.

Probably just complete the new requests for the new outbreak species and then shiny hunt them like the only thing left to do for everything else in the game.

Aaaand there seems to be an interesting development happening here...

H5gKUpd.png

( I'mma note that it doesn't sound like Khu actually has info on this one. )

Last edited:
Someone on resetera brought up the possibility of Hisuian Incineroar and Feraligatr. Which makes more sense than to have rehashed starter species.

Unless they somehow get around it by having another Squirtle/Turtwig and Bulbasaur/Froakie situation where it's a grass cougar and a fire gharial or something.

Someone on resetera brought up the possibility of Hisuian Incineroar and Feraligatr. Which makes more sense than to have rehashed starter species.

Unless they somehow get around it by having another Squirtle/Turtwig and Bulbasaur/Froakie situation where it's a grass cougar and a fire gharial or something.
Well it is a grass cat and a fire crocodile, not a fire cat and a water crocodile.

Fire crocodile would break the fire zodiac, which would be a crazy turn of events after how strangely and strongly they’ve been following it minus Cyndaquil (which 100% was before they thought games would continue after GS).

Any hints of a water trademark? Since this could be for anything Nintendo really.

Fire crocodile would break the fire zodiac, which would be a crazy turn of events after how strangely and strongly they’ve been following it minus Cyndaquil (which 100% was before they thought games would continue after GS).

Any hints of a water trademark? Since this could be for anything Nintendo really.
No, but the fire croc got posted twice, which seems like a mistake.

Perhaps the fire crocodile and leaf cat are title legendaries? Would be a very cool pairing!

I do expect Legends DLC and a gen 9 announcement/tease, yeah. I'm not saying it's definitely happening, and I'm not saying more time in the oven wouldn't be appealing, but I think it's more likely to happen than not. The game's either coming in November or January, no way do they stretch it out to November 2023. Again, they might hold off on announcing it, but I find the idea that it's completely impossible that it's coming out this year pretty perplexing.

Besides, Khu said at the beginning of the year that this would be a big year for leaks, has indicated that this is the last year for gen 8 VGC, and keeps making curious observations about China and Pokemon. And it always struck me that TPCi seemed particularly proud of SuMo offering Chinese language options in the gen 7 announcement Direct-- obviously that's a big market for them. I'm 99% convinced that gen 9 is coming before the next VGC season and like 60% convinced it'll be a Chinese region.

I think a gen 9 announcement this year is likely even if it doesn't happen today. I could see a gen 9 reveal happening in May/June if not today.

They announced BDSP and Legends in the same direct so I don't think they'd care much about revealing both Legends dlc and gen 9 in the same direct either.

Probably should temper expectations though, it could just be a name drop + date for the gen 9 games and no gameplay footage or new Pokemon.

Despite the extravagant amount of Pokemon games and content we've been getting lately, I see that people seem to be looking forward to a 9th generation. I, on the other hand, hope that the 9th generation will only come out in the second half of next year. Game Freak needs time to assimilate all the new features introduced into Legends in a classic Pokemon game, and I hope that time will be given to them.

Despite the extravagant amount of Pokemon games and content we've been getting lately, I see that people seem to be looking forward to a 9th generation. I, on the other hand, hope that the 9th generation will only come out in the second half of next year. Game Freak needs time to assimilate all the new features introduced into Legends in a classic Pokemon game, and I hope that time will be given to them.
XD You're a bit late. It's coming out later this year.

Okay so what's the Palmer/Looker/April hint about if the free update is today and doesn't include them.

Being attacked by a herd of alphas seems terrifying by the way.

Okay so what's the Palmer/Looker/April hint about if the free update is today and doesn't include them.

Being attacked by a herd of alphas seems terrifying by the way.
I get the feeling that there might be another update in April? The fact that they named the update, and "Daybreak" of all things, feels like the start of an update series, or at least a two-parter.

I'm glad that Daybreak is going to make it easier to directly catch big groups of otherwise rare Pokemon, anything that reduces the grind that results in the game feeling more like a chore is what I welcome openly.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom