• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Leaks/Rumors Thread

These game? No. However, if even an outsourced party is struggling with Pokémon game development, then things definitely aren’t going to get any better for the franchise creators.
Isn't said outsourced party not used to making full-fledged games like this? Game Freak is used to these deadlines and making such games. You can't really compare the two.

If anything, ILCA needed more oversight, maybe an extension and maybe some help.

Truth be told I think it’s become so overrated people forget it’s flaws. It’s fun no doubt but many facilities aren’t that well designed (looking at you Arena and Palace) and the battling is very repetitive. Not to mention the cheap ai crap like OKO moves or evasion spamming which is bull crap especially if it ruins a high streak.

I like the Frontier but it’s flawed. The PWT from gen5 imo was better than it in every way.

I've never much liked the Battle Frontier, or any battle facilities for that matter. I find them repetitive too. Rematching the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Cynthia with their new teams sounds like a lot more fun to me.

It also feels just unprofessional that they would do that? Like many people without Internet access when first trying to play were going to find the unfinished game and the whole Internet was going to find out about it. It feels so crazy that they would put out something so blatantly unfinished with 100% likelihood of it being seen that way and publicly reported on and it's just... not a good look?

It's ILCA's first time making a full game, right? Is this a symptom of inexperience, a lack of oversight on TPC's part, a product of rushing and not caring about the printed product, or a mistake that got way too far down the production line?

Whatever it is, now that everyone knows about it, I imagine that they might start to release pre-patched copies of the game once the initial stock has sold.
Honestly, I'm guessing it's another case of the many games the pandemic has affected, and it definitely sucks.

As for patches, I have heard later releases of game cartridges are built with patches/updates already included in, so it'd just be an issue for launch copies.

I have a hunch that the pandemic was responsible for the day one patch. When BDSP's reveal trailer came out, we weren't long out of 2020 and the vaccine rollout had only just begun. Looking at that innitial footage, it's clear that BDSP were at an earlier stage of development than, say, Sword and Shield were in their reveal trailer. ILCA has had a lot of catching up to do since then.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more happy I am about Gym Leader rematches and how they take place in the actual gyms (and the whole vs seeker returning in general). I might be able to treat the whole thing like a New Game + (sort of) I hope it's like the originals and it makes random trainers on routes stronger too.

I'm realising something, in the second Elite 4 and Champion rematch, with Cynthia's lv 80's team, she swapped out her Roserade for Porygon-Z, even though she doesn't originally have Porygon-Z in the anime and DPPt BW, B2W2, SM, and USUM. https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1458305074225164293.

Probably going to put together Cynthia's Team, but not on the first run, I'll use my original team from Platinum, I'll do that when I restart BDSP.

I do like the Gym leader, and Elite Four and Champion are a lot harder and you'll be able to challenge you friend as your rival https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1458539989386637312, it's funny that Lucas's Tauros is Adamant with 252 Attack EVs, but it has 4 Special Attack.

BDSP not getting some new story to create consistency with Legends (or just hype it up) is really shoddy work in my eyes. Look at the Ruby/Sapphire sidequest in FRLG, Sinjoh Ruins and some cameos in HGSS, and finally the Delta Episode and Sea Mauville in ORAS.

I've never much liked the Battle Frontier, or any battle facilities for that matter. I find them repetitive too. Rematching the Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Cynthia with their new teams sounds like a lot more fun to me.
The PWT sounds more fun to me, as does the Battle Factory.

Last edited:
These remakes are actually doing more than ORAS in some ways - there's trainer customisation, Pokemon follow you, and HMs are gone.

The thing is, most of these additions are just a reflection of the new standards for the series as a whole, they're not actually improvements for BDSP itself. If ORAS had been released now rather than then, it would have had those features plus the added content.

In addition to this, ORAS actually built upon RSE and tried t something different. They had their own twist on the mega evolution lore, added new forms, expanded Pokémon rosters. It actually evolved on the concept of the original games while BDSP is stagnant when it comes to the art direction, the Pokémon roster and adds literally no new story beats.

I have a hunch that the pandemic was responsible for the day one patch. When BDSP's reveal trailer came out, we weren't long out of 2020 and the vaccine rollout had only just begun. Looking at that innitial footage, it's clear that BDSP were at an earlier stage of development than, say, Sword and Shield were in their reveal trailer. ILCA has had a lot of catching up to do since then.
I can kind of believe it when it comes to the soundtrack, but I still cannot wrap my head around how can the pandemic affect the production so much that they couldn’t even get a title screen for the game ready. How hard can it be to design a simple screen? These games are being sold to people at $60 and not given out for free, so there’s a bare minimum of expected polish out of the box.

BDSP not getting some new story to create consistency with Legends (or just hype it up) is really shoddy work in my eyes. Look at the Ruby/Sapphire sidequest in FRLG, Sinjoh Ruins and some cameos in HGSS, and finally the Delta Episode and Sea Mauville in ORAS.

The PWT sounds more fun to me, as does the Battle Factory.
I've heard there's some new lore in Canalave library but haven't seen too much info on it.

We don't really have anything pointing to them making third version remakes, though, especially when HGSS and ORAS both included new plotlines for their third legendary.
Outside of HGSS having crystal content (and even then hgss is largely an exception) we do have evidence that they are remaking 3rd versions... Lets go pikachu is a yellow remake (especially since the Japanese name for yellow is special pikachu edition) and or as hints an awful lot at emerald events like it could be a sequel, Steven giving wallace the champion title is hinted at, the BF being build is hinted at, several BF brains are name dropped and Juan is name dropped by lisia.

I can see them remaking crystal regardless if hgss included its content, add on an entei or raikou second version and you change some mechanics and you have a crystal remake.

Instead of Rayquaza you'd get the Lati twins as emerald box art mons with rayquaza in the background akin to ultra necorzma

Platinum remakes could take Cresslia and Darkrai and do the same thing too.

From there bw2 already has 2 kyruums and XY doesn't even have a 3rd version to remake.

I've heard there's some new lore in Canalave library but haven't seen too much info on it.
I only saw a reference to the Manaphy movie and Qwilfish. The latter could evolve or get a form (for the love of Arceus, they should incorporate the scrapped design somehow), but the lore is about a faraway sea temple. At the same time, it doesn't seem that Legends will touch upon the original Canalave lore outside of the basic creation myth.

"Sinnoh Folk Story 2"
There lived a Pokémon in a forest.
In the forest, the Pokémon shed its hide to sleep as a human.
Awakened, the human dons the Pokémon hide to roam villages.

"Sinnoh Folk Story 3"
There once were Pokémon that became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no differences to distinguish the two.
These two don't make me think of Hisui. Villages? Pokemon and humans bring indistinguishable?

Last edited:
Outside of HGSS having crystal content (and even then hgss is largely an exception) we do have evidence that they are remaking 3rd versions... Lets go pikachu is a yellow remake (especially since the Japanese name for yellow is special pikachu edition) and or as hints an awful lot at emerald events like it could be a sequel, Steven giving wallace the champion title is hinted at, the BF being build is hinted at, several BF brains are name dropped and Juan is name dropped by lisia.

I can see them remaking crystal regardless if hgss included its content, add on an entei or raikou second version and you change some mechanics and you have a crystal remake.

Instead of Rayquaza you'd get the Lati twins as emerald box art mons with rayquaza in the background akin to ultra necorzma

Platinum remakes could take Cresslia and Darkrai and do the same thing too.

From there bw2 already has 2 kyruums and XY doesn't even have a 3rd version to remake.
Yellow was really more of a specialty version capitalising on the popularity of the anime in its original incarnation. Let's Go certainly referenced it, but it was likewise capitalising on the popularity of GO, so I think it's too soon to really say that it's a sign that they're doing third versions. And especially with Legends being a thing now, I think we'll have to wait until the next set of remakes to really (hopefully) have a clear picture of where the future of remakes is headed.

I only saw a reference to the Manaphy movie and Qwilfish. The latter could evolve or get a form (for the love of Arceus, they should incorporate the scrapped design somehow), but the lore is about a faraway sea temple. At the same time, it doesn't seem that Legends will touch upon the original Canalave lore outside of the basic creation myth.
Ah. D= Well, there is also the fact that they also like to make hints/references so subtle or obscure that we don't recognise them until after the fact.

Blatant hints would be great for hype, but it just doesn't seem to be how they roll.

Yellow was really more of a specialty version capitalising on the popularity of the anime in its original incarnation. Let's Go certainly referenced it, but it was likewise capitalising on the popularity of GO, so I think it's too soon to really say that it's a sign that they're doing third versions. And especially with Legends being a thing now, I think we'll have to wait until the next set of remakes to really (hopefully) have a clear picture of where the future of remakes is headed.

Ah. D= Well, there is also the fact that they also like to make hints/references so subtle or obscure that we don't recognise them until after the fact.

Blatant hints would be great for hype, but it just doesn't seem to be how they roll.
Well, I wasn't asking for hints so much as an acknowledgement that the region used to be called Hisui and had Pokemon that have since disappeared, and maybe something about the wardens inspiring gym leaders while Cyrus and Rowan got some ideas from their ancestors.

Well, I wasn't asking for hints so much as an acknowledgement that the region used to be called Hisui and had Pokemon that have since disappeared, and maybe something about the wardens inspiring gym leaders while Cyrus and Rowan got some ideas from their ancestors.
Yeah, more of a connection would have been nice. But I think Game Freak has gotten hyper-leak-sensitive, considering how they've even cut CoroCoro out of the loop. So ILCA may not have been trusted with much, if anything.

It might also be something that they're saving to patch in later, to hype up Legends' release. Like a new event unearthing some lost something-or-other from Hisui and treating that history of the region as newly discovered forgotten knowledge for the sake of avoiding retcon. If they don't at least do something to that extent, then they would be doing themselves a bit of a disservice.

I'm realising something, in the second Elite 4 and Champion rematch, with Cynthia's lv 80's team, she swapped out her Roserade for Porygon-Z, even though she doesn't originally have Porygon-Z in the anime and DPPt BW, B2W2, SM, and USUM. https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1458305074225164293.

Probably going to put together Cynthia's Team, but not on the first run, I'll use my original team from Platinum, I'll do that when I restart BDSP.

I do like the Gym leader, and Elite Four and Champion are a lot harder and you'll be able to challenge you friend as your rival https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1458539989386637312, it's funny that Lucas's Tauros is Adamant with 252 Attack EVs, but it has 4 Special Attack.

I wonder if they added Porygon-Z to Cynthia's team because Togekiss isn't a Normal-type anymore?

I am on the fence about BDSP. I think it does a lot of things right, but there are some decisions that I just don't understand, like not using more Platinum content (I don't mean the Battle Frontier, I mean stuff like Platinum Move Tutors, the Villa, and even a no-brainer like that Pokétch having 2 buttons instead of just 1 for switching through the apps).

So I have some questions that I hope you guys can answer:

1. How is the Battle Tower like, in this game? Is it true that it doesn't include Multi Battles? Are there some nice additions to it, that weren't in the original?

2. Is it confirmed that Amity Square is restricted to some Pokemon only? Do we know how many of them are allowed?

3. Is it confirmed that the game has no Move Tutors like the ones in Platinum?

4. Is there some other postgame content, even if minor, that we don't know about yet?

I am on the fence about BDSP. I think it does a lot of things right, but there are some decisions that I just don't understand, like not using more Platinum content (I don't mean the Battle Frontier, I mean stuff like Platinum Move Tutors, the Villa, and even a no-brainer like that Pokétch having 2 buttons instead of just 1 for switching through the apps).

So I have some questions that I hope you guys can answer:

1. How is the Battle Tower like, in this game? Is it true that it doesn't include Multi Battles? Are there some nice additions to it, that weren't in the original?

2. Is it confirmed that Amity Square is restricted to some Pokemon only? Do we know how many of them are allowed?

3. Is it confirmed that the game has no Move Tutors like the ones in Platinum?

4. Is there some other postgame content, even if minor, that we don't know about yet?

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1) I don't know much about the Battle Tower, but from what little I've heard you can do Multi-Battles, albeit with NPCs like the Stat Trainers. Granted, I'm not 100% sure on that, as I pretty much ignore all battle facilities unless it has a purpose (like in SWSH, where it unlocked the IV checker), but if I'm remembering correctly you can do Multi-Battles.

2) Amity Square is restricted to the same Mons that were allowed in Platinum: Sinnoh Starters, Pikachu, Drifoon, Psyduck, Pachirisu, Torchic, Clefairy, Happiny, Buneary, Jiggypuff, Skitty, and Shroomish. If you want to unlock the walking Mon feature (which, in turn, boosts Friendship/Affection) you need to go to Amity Square at least once.

3) Yes, there are no Move Tutors outside of the Elemental Hyper Beams, Pledge Moves, and Draco Meteor, so no things like the Elemental Punches and whatnot.

4) I think pretty much most of the post-game has been leaked, so unless there will be more patched in later with the second Day 1 patch, from the looks of it, everything we know about the post-game is final.

i think the biggest bummer for me is lack of move tutors. so used to them being a thing. s:

Agreed, especially since other remakes, like HGSS and ORAS, had them. It's especially strange considering that the second set of games (or 3rd versions) in a gen always have Move Tutors, so their absence in BDSP is a rather odd choice. But, then again, the whole "faithful" thing comes into play, as Move Tutors were Platinum-exclusive, not in DP, which is a rather flimsy excuse to me. But given some of the movepool changes (ie: Infernape learns Flamethrower naturally, albeit via Move Relearner), along with several modern move adjustments like Volt Switch, it's manageable. It still stinks, but it could've been worse.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom