• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
What happens if I wait till the post-game using Super Rod, will it be easier, or will it be the same way?

Nothing, really. It'll just be higher leveled when you catch it, like most Super Rod Mons. The type of rod doesn't always alter the encounter rate for certain Mons, just the levels and what Mons it catches (ie: Gyarados instead of Magikarp). So whether you have the Good or Super Rod makes no difference in the encounter rates for Feebas, just the levels.

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
I think TPC went a bit too far with the faithful aspect with BDSP, especially since the quality of life features seem to be selectively applied while things like the Feebas, Spiritomb, Eevee, Rotom, and evolutionary held items for cross-generation evolutions either retain their convoluted encounter methods to the letter or are still locked behind the post game which Platinum already fixed. If something was looked down upon before, you shouldn't just repeat the same things in the remake just for the sake of nostalgia since the whole quality of life thing was mainly for the benefit of newer players who wouldn't feel said nostalgia anyway.

We really need an interview once this game comes out: I want to know what was going through the overseer's (aka Junichi Masuda) head when it came to these remakes.

Oriden

May not return
Reaction score
Spiritomb can be caught at the Hallowed Tower in Route 209 after placing the Odd Keystone at the tower and talking to 32 real players in the Grand Underground. Take note that NPCs found underground do not count.

Source:

Edit: Switch online required (which kinda messes up my plans)

....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify paying and... it's back.

This brings me back in the worst way, like anti-nostalgia. Really glad now that I'm not tempted to play these.

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify paying and... it's back.

This brings me back in the worst way, like anti-nostalgia. Really glad now that I'm not tempted to play these.

This! They've found a unique way to remove all the benefits and remedies that Platinum introduced, while recreating many of the downsides in DP that have long since been removed.

Most people look back on the past more fondly than it actually was, this is the opposite, it's sending you back in time and making it worse than it was!

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Master Trainer
Reaction score
I am sad that Eevee is locked behind the postgame because I was really banking on being able to use Empoleon and Glaceon, my two favorite Pokemon, through the game. Guess I'll be using Weavile instead and picking up Eevee right after I beat the game.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him

You didn't need 32 friends. You just needed to exit and talk to one 32 times.

I'm not sure which one is worse...

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
XD Wish I had known that then. Gawd, that's still awful, though.
I know. I had to do this three times. The first time so I could get it, and the other two times to help friends get their Spiritomb.

SmolDawn

Chili Gator Squad
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Spiritomb can be caught at the Hallowed Tower in Route 209 after placing the Odd Keystone at the tower and talking to 32 real players in the Grand Underground. Take note that NPCs found underground do not count.

Source:

Edit: Switch online required (which kinda messes up my plans)
I thought I heard that npcs counted as talking to people, but I could be wrong.

Puddle

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I just learned that you can catch Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup in the Underground, meaning that you can get all three of them in one game without trading. How amazing is that? I think you might need to have the National Dex before they start appearing, though.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom