• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Leaks/Rumors Thread

Definitely way more plausible than the one Kallyle linked, but the Pokemon Stadium thing is really fishy. Back in the N64 era it had actually a point because the main games were 2D, so it was cool that games like the Stadium games were full 3D, allowing for 3D animations and so on. But now that the main the games pretty much do that, i don't get the point of a Stadium game.
SwSh only have simple battle facilities. BDSP probably won't change that, not to mention that they won't feature all Pokemon. Hell, a Stadium game would give Game Freak an excuse not to release another patch for the 250+ missing Pokemon. The game would be used as a hub for competitive battling instead of SwSh and BDSP, which only have subsets of the entire roster.

A story mode is an option, too.

Last edited:
I got another leak on reddit, as usual don't take this leak seriously:
Oh, I commented on that thread, lemme copy some of what I wrote there lol

This rumor mostly seems like a lot of guesswork. Like, they'll mention "They're showing new features" and "they show how the app works", but don't actually elaborate on either of those things. Anyone can guess "Oh, I bet they'll talk about x game that we know about," it's what's actually being said that's insider info.

There was also recently a tweet by Samus Hunter saying we'd get a Pokemon Presents before June that came a little bit before this rumor. "New Pokemon Presents first week of June" might be a compelling prediction on its own, but when you remember that Samus Hunter already said we'd get a Pokemon Presents "before E3", and E3 starts June 12, it's a little less impressive- they could even cover their bases by saying "Oh, I meant the first full week of June" if it didn't appear by the 5th.

So we can finally say all these leakers are full of BS. They took the easy guesses (dp remake, E3 direct either at or before e3) then game freak gave them the middle finger. There was no direct before or even at e3, and while they got the easy guess of dp remakes the fact that they did not know about legends arceus (some who even saw the legends domain said it was anime stuff) shows they knew nothing. In particular centro is very full of BS they even got the switch pro Completly wrong.

Odd that we've had no credible leakers for these games. Maybe they finally cracked down so hard that no ones willing to risk their job to leak a screen shot or info.

My theory is there was knowledge of the release dates for BDSP and Arceus, and given Unite and Cafe Mix are set for additional detailing it was assumed a Presents would happen.

I feel this E3 cycle should be a lesson to insiders to be more careful to distinguish between speculation and what they actually know.

Just because they got something wrong does not mean they are no longer reliable sources. Everyone makes mistakes, guys.
Not everybody is claiming to have insider information. If they make a false claim, then either a) they're lying about having sources, or b) they can't tell the difference between a fake and a real source. And it's not like they're admitting to this mistake and tightening up their standards, they're just pretending it didn't happen.

At this point, we should probably just disregard any leaks unless they come out of the woodwork a few hours before the official announcement again.

It just seems like everyone is keeping leaking pokemon news on the downlow ever since that one guy got caught because he left discord open. Now that people know the true power of the Nintendo ninjas, I doubt anyone is going to be as brazen in this economy.

Pokemon being omitted from E3 is so strange... Sword and Shield and Let's Go were both part of Nintendo's E3 treehouse segments, so i'm confused as to the omission of the remakes.

Not everybody is claiming to have insider information. If they make a false claim, then either a) they're lying about having sources, or b) they can't tell the difference between a fake and a real source. And it's not like they're admitting to this mistake and tightening up their standards, they're just pretending it didn't happen.
I mostly do agree for leaks that get more stuff wrong than they do true, but hasn’t every reliable leak contained one or two wrong points of information?

The fact that the official Pokemon YouTube channels have created a playlist for BDSP means that we will get more information about the games before they release. Otherwise, they wouldn't have bothered creating them in the first place.

Last edited:
I mostly do agree for leaks that get more stuff wrong than they do true, but hasn’t every reliable leak contained one or two wrong points of information?
Some anonymous leaks (I can’t remember if Affleck did this, but I do recall it happening) will purposely throw a few false red herrings in there for some reason; presumably to keep people guessing right up until release. I don’t think that’s the same as straight up revealing a trailer date from your actual account only to be completely wrong. It’s just a lot more blatant.

Plus, correct me if I’m wrong, but most of what they’ve gotten right so far have just been very guess-able and vague details, no? It’s not out of the realm of possibility that they’ve either so far been lucky or maybe have/are a source whose info access is not as great as they have made it out to be.

Anyways, the Korean Pokemon YouTube channel has only recently created the playlist, so there is something to look out for in the coming days.

Some anonymous leaks (I can’t remember if Affleck did this, but I do recall it happening) will purposely throw a few false red herrings in there for some reason; presumably to keep people guessing right up until release. I don’t think that’s the same as straight up revealing a trailer date from your actual account only to be completely wrong. It’s just a lot more blatant.
IIRC, Affleck didn't have fake info, just wrong. Although they had valid explanations (confusing "Drizzile" with "Sizzile" and thinking the wolves were the same Pokémon).

The one I remember having fake info was the USUM leak that mentioned Alolan Oddish.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom