• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Leaks/Rumors Thread

Screenshots_2021-08-14-10-11-07.png

Google translate: It seems to be confirmed for the new forms of Dialga / Palkia in # PokémonBDSP. After that I don't know if it will be a First-form or Mega or something. To see Wednesday what is unveiled

Has since been deleted

Then there's a good chance of this being real because Pokemon is going after leakers and similar people with access to info that people outside the development team shouldn't be knowing yet.

If that tweet has any credibility, it really makes you wonder why this stuff conveniently doesn't pop up until am announcement was made.
TPCi has recently gone after people who leaked Sword and Shield. It's a perfectly sound reason to delete a tweet to avoid getting caught.

TPCi has recently gone after people who leaked Sword and Shield. It's a perfectly sound reason to delete a tweet to avoid getting caught.
I think what @BigBadButterfree is saying is that it’s convenient that we only hear about this after a Pokémon Presents has been announced. They could have tweeted about it before then as their comment implies they knew about the Presents.

Also, they could have deleted the tweet just to give the illusion of credibility.

If those forms are obtainable in the main game, why they didn't replace regular Dialga and Palkia in the box arts?
If they are available in the post game, why would they announce them so soon?

I say it's fake.
It could be an Eternamax Eternatus situation where we face an OP Forme of Dialga/Palkia that the player can’t use.

Jumping in to say that from what I've gathered, that tweet is less a leak and more speculation on his part. Reportedly there was a delay of Dialga/Palkia pre-order figures from Micromania, which is making him think that they may be new forms that will be unveiled at the presentation and they didn't want the figures to spoil it. He probably deleted the tweet because people were taking his word as a leak when it wasn't supposed to be as he doesn't know for certain.

Also, hi guys, it's been a while!

It could be an Eternamax Eternatus situation where we face an OP Forme of Dialga/Palkia that the player can’t use.
The thing is, the forms that are shown in promo material are forms that can be used by the player. I still believe that Dialga and Palkia will get new forms, but ones that the player will be able to use.

Jumping in to say that from what I've gathered, that tweet is less a leak and more speculation on his part. Reportedly there was a delay of Dialga/Palkia pre-order figures from Micromania, which is making him think that they may be new forms that will be unveiled at the presentation and they didn't want the figures to spoil it. He probably deleted the tweet because people were taking his word as a leak when it wasn't supposed to be as he doesn't know for certain.

Also, hi guys, it's been a while!
The reasoning is logical and makes sense, but it does not mean that it will really be like this.

What do you think about it?

Any new forms would be up on the box art to show that the game indeed has deviations from the standard story, and shiny new boxart. If they had new forms and just copy-pasted the Diamond and Pearl box art in a new style... I don’t know what to think of their PR.

Exactly. Especially since we got Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre on their respective boxarts.

Like, with Legends Arceus i would understand if its not on the boxart for Arceus itself if it gets a new form, since that would basically reveal the games main storyline (Which i doubt to be the case for a Dialga/Palkia form in BDSP, since the general storyline for ORAS also stayed the same).

Now obviously, they can change the story of BDSP as well... but then i wouldn't call it a remake anymore, but a retelling.

Technically, they don't need to show the new forms on the box art if they want to hide them. This happened with Zacian and Zamazenta where their unarmored forms didn't appear on the box art at all but are still usable in the games.

Technically, they don't need to show the new forms on the box art if they want to hide them. This happened with Zacian and Zamazenta where their unarmored forms didn't appear on the box art at all but are still usable in the games.

Yes, the unarmored forms (Which are their regular forms, while the armored forms are their power-up forms) weren't on it. Which means their power-up was on the Box art (Same with ORAS and the Primals and the fusion between the gen 7 boxart legendaries and Necrozma was also on the Boxarts for the Ultra games) All of those are also possible to use in regular forms in the games. Considering Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal weren't a thing and as such weren't on the boxarts, it doesn't bode well for Dialga and Palkia having other forms, since when we got forms for the boxart legendaries, they were also featured on the boxart.

Yes, the unarmored forms (Which are their regular forms, while the armored forms are their power-up forms) weren't on it. Which means their power-up was on the Box art (Same with ORAS and the Primals and the fusion between the gen 7 boxart legendaries and Necrozma was also on the Boxarts for the Ultra games). Considering Mega Xerneas and Mega Yveltal weren't a thing and as such weren't on the boxarts, it doesn't bode well for Dialga and Palkia having other forms, since when we got forms for the boxart legendaries, they were also featured on the boxart.
Powered up or not, they don't need to show the forms on the box arts if they don't want to. Also, Ultra Necrozma only had a cameo on a box art and yet was still in the game.

Powered up or not, they don't need to show the forms on the box arts if they don't want to. Also, Ultra Necrozma only had a cameo on a box art and yet was still in the game.

Not talking about Ultra Necrozma, only talking about the Fusion legendaries with Necrozma.

Ultra Necrozma had a cameo, but even then, its normal form was playable in the game.

From a marketing standpoint, showing the forms is a smarter thing to do than not. Looking at the past, why wouldn't they show the forms. It makes no sense they don't show them.

Not talking about Ultra Necrozma, only talking about the Fusion legendaries with Necrozma.

Ultra Necrozma had a cameo, but even then, its normal form was playable in the game.

From a marketing standpoint, showing the forms is a smarter thing to do than not. Looking at the past, why wouldn't they show the forms. It makes no sense they don't show them.
Marketing strategies can always change, including whether to show new forms on the box arts or not.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom