• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Leaks/Rumors Thread

It wouldn't be a problem, considering Manaphy uses the regular breeding mechanic to produce Phiones. There's nothing remotely special there.
I'm talking about how "Manaphy + Ditto = Phione, in any other case Manaphy can't breed" is a special clause you have to code by yourself.

I'm talking about how "Manaphy + Ditto = Phione, in any other case Manaphy can't breed" is a special clause you have to code by yourself.

It's really not that special, the same thing happens with all other gender unknown pokemon. The only thing unique about Manaphy is that its designated offspring doesn't evolve into it.

Also, I doubt they would have to recode it, considering they've been porting data from previous games for generations now.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in general discussion so I hope this is the correct thread for that matter.
There are/were rumors about the secret bases, saying that those new statues will be the only objects for decoration purposes - has this been officially confirmed yet? Because the main reason I've read for this claim was that they only showed decorating with statues in the last Pokémon Direct. But I thought they maybe only showed that since it was one of the main new features of the whole underground thing, so this doesn't mean there will be no other furniture if you ask me.

I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in general discussion so I hope this is the correct thread for that matter.
There are/were rumors about the secret bases, saying that those new statues will be the only objects for decoration purposes - has this been officially confirmed yet? Because the main reason I've read for this claim was that they only showed decorating with statues in the last Pokémon Direct. But I thought they maybe only showed that since it was one of the main new features of the whole underground thing, so this doesn't mean there will be no other furniture if you ask me.

according to this nintendo life article, that seems to be the case:

Those of you hoping to deck out your Secret Base with Pokédolls, trophies, rugs and furniture will be a little disappointed to hear that, to our knowledge, statues will be the only items you can use to decorate. It’s definitely a bummer to see this section of the game scaled back in comparison to the Secret Bases found in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on the 3DS, but the added practicality of the statues may be a fair trade off.

Wow, if that's true, that's such a sad and weird thing to be unfaithful on.
yeah s: i suppose it.... depends on your pov on whether the mystery dungeon esque changes are worth giving up secret base decorations for.

yeah s: i suppose it.... depends on your pov on whether the mystery dungeon esque changes are worth giving up secret base decorations for.
Well, as someone who couldn't make much use of their base because I couldn't remove most of the boulders- I think there should be no reason why it couldn't have both. Like how many statues does one really need down? Let people fill the rest of the space with pokedolls.

Well, as someone who couldn't make much use of their base because I couldn't remove most of the boulders- I think there should be no reason why it couldn't have both. Like how many statues does one really need down? Let people fill the rest of the space with pokedolls.
agreed. a potential consequences of only statues being in secret bases is that... secret bases are going to be mostly boring, with not much variety but the statues. which would be a shame, because adding furniture adds personality to a secret base which is like... the whole point of having one.

Yeah, that's kind of a bummer since I was hoping to finally be able to actually collect flags from some people (I wasn't able to do so in the original games since I didn't had the games when they were still relevant and also I didn't have friends to play with anyways). They could add it with an update later but I doubt this will happen because if they wanted it to be in there they just would have implemented it to begin with :/

I need all the statues I can ever want, and nothing else! /s

Wasn't really until Sword and Shield that Pokémon games got substantial updates; and only as paid DLC for the most part. I don't understand how difficult it would be to design and render in a few inert doll models, especially if you're gonna program the critters walk behind you in places besides Amity Square (hopefully that Black Belt can finally be allowed to let in his Gyarados and Steelix) but decide, no, we can only have statues in our Secret Bases.

But methinks the statues are for the sake of working a lot like how you modified the Johto Safari Zone and adjusted what Pokemon could be caught, and this is how you'll be able to add the Platinum additions to the Sinnoh Pokedex, so this is their half-hearted attempt to both solve that problem and throw a bone to people who still want Secret Bases. So that's why they really want you to only have statues.

I need all the statues I can ever want, and nothing else! /s

Wasn't really until Sword and Shield that Pokémon games got substantial updates; and only as paid DLC for the most part. I don't understand how difficult it would be to design and render in a few inert doll models, especially if you're gonna program the critters walk behind you in places besides Amity Square (hopefully that Black Belt can finally be allowed to let in his Gyarados and Steelix) but decide, no, we can only have statues in our Secret Bases.

But methinks the statues are for the sake of working a lot like how you modified the Johto Safari Zone and adjusted what Pokemon could be caught, and this is how you'll be able to add the Platinum additions to the Sinnoh Pokedex, so this is their half-hearted attempt to both solve that problem and throw a bone to people who still want Secret Bases. So that's why they really want you to only have statues.
That does indeed seem to be exactly how the statues work, but there's still no reason why you shouldn't be able to place both statues and regular furniture? It's not like the bases are that short on space. And it's such a dumb feature to shaft too, when it's always been one of the more popular aspects of Gens 3 and 4.

My charitable guess is that decorations being mostly a matter of asset creation could be something that had to go in order to accommodate other things that were more important. (Note how the statues are apparently just the Pokémon overworld models, just frozen and recolored.) And like, if it’s a choice between being able to put down a mat and table in a little cave pocket or having these nicely detailed Hideaway biomes, then personally I’d rather have the biomes even though it’s unfortunate to lose to decorations. You can’t always get everything.

Failing that, I would assume it’s just kind of a boring design choice made to follow suit with the change in functionality to the Underground as a whole. Traps, Capture the Flag, and decorations are all seemingly gone, in favor of the feature’s new focus on being a pseudo-Wild Area.

Failing that, I would assume it’s just kind of a boring design choice made to follow suit with the change in functionality to the Underground as a whole. Traps, Capture the Flag, and decorations are all seemingly gone, in favor of the feature’s new focus on being a pseudo-Wild Area.
Funny thing is, I don’t think they absolutely had to get rid of traps in particular; they just needed to repurpose them as either something that keeps Pokémon running away from you, placing them to trap and/or weaken a Pokémon you plan on catching, or even things laid down in the hideaways themselves to obstruct you.

In my opinion though, ILCA shouldn’t really have to remove all the multiplayer aspects from the Underground. In fact, what was the reason for shortening Super Contests like they did? It really seems like TPC is only willing to fully support battling and trading as features while everything else has to be dumbed down or gutted.

Funny thing is, I don’t think they absolutely had to get rid of traps in particular; they just needed to repurpose them as either something that keeps Pokémon running away from you, placing them to trap and/or weaken a Pokémon you plan on catching, or even things laid down in the hideaways themselves to obstruct you.

In my opinion though, ILCA shouldn’t really have to remove all the multiplayer aspects from the Underground. In fact, what was the reason for shortening Super Contests like they did? It really seems like TPC is only willing to fully support battling and trading as features while everything else has to be dumbed down or gutted.

I mean they probably just didn’t think of it. Just because an idea seems obvious to one person doesn’t mean that everyone would reach that same conclusion. Lord knows there’s tons of ideas I felt they could have done with things in SwSh like the Rotom Phone and such, but the devs can’t help that their brains aren’t wired the same way as mine. Or even if they did have similar ideas, development pressures/deadlines could still be a factor at play. In any case, I highly doubt there’s some anti-side-feature conspiracy by TPC.

Honestly, excited for a datamine so that we can see the bigger details for BDSP they refuse to show us.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom