• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I think Game Freak/ILCA needs to stop with the "faithful" approach. I mean its ridiculous when you're so intent on making it so faithful that a Pokemon that has an evolution in another generatoion can't evolve into that Pokemon for sake of faithfulness. Its ridiculous that Eevee can't evolve into Sylveon in BDSP.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1) I don't know much about the Battle Tower, but from what little I've heard you can do Multi-Battles, albeit with NPCs like the Stat Trainers. Granted, I'm not 100% sure on that, as I pretty much ignore all battle facilities unless it has a purpose (like in SWSH, where it unlocked the IV checker), but if I'm remembering correctly you can do Multi-Battles.

2) Amity Square is restricted to the same Mons that were allowed in Platinum: Sinnoh Starters, Pikachu, Drifoon, Psyduck, Pachirisu, Torchic, Clefairy, Happiny, Buneary, Jiggypuff, Skitty, and Shroomish. If you want to unlock the walking Mon feature (which, in turn, boosts Friendship/Affection) you need to go to Amity Square at least once.

3) Yes, there are no Move Tutors outside of the Elemental Hyper Beams, Pledge Moves, and Draco Meteor, so no things like the Elemental Punches and whatnot.

4) I think pretty much most of the post-game has been leaked, so unless there will be more patched in later with the second Day 1 patch, from the looks of it, everything we know about the post-game is final.
Thanks a lot bro!

I hear that in the Battle Tower, you can actually fight special NPCs this time around, other than Palmer. Apparently, you can fight the Stat Trainers, Team Galactic members, as well as Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members (this would be amazing if it's confirmed)

I hope that the lack of Special Move Tutors may be remedied by encountering rare/special TMs in the Underground?

Outside of HGSS having crystal content (and even then hgss is largely an exception) we do have evidence that they are remaking 3rd versions... Lets go pikachu is a yellow remake (especially since the Japanese name for yellow is special pikachu edition)
Would you expect a Let’s Go Hoenn to include the Battle Frontier? That game was made to be easier.
and or as hints an awful lot at emerald events like it could be a sequel, Steven giving wallace the champion title is hinted at, the BF being build is hinted at, several BF brains are name dropped and Juan is name dropped by lisia.
Interviews for ORAS made it pretty clear they left out the Frontier because they didn’t think people would want it, not because they intended on adding it in a game a decade later. And Pokemon references its existing characters all the time- that’s just continuity and worldbuilding, not telling players “Sure, we left this out, but give us another ten years and we’ll make another game with it!”

I'm still so annoyed that they decided to stick to the Diamond/Pearl aesthetic for most of the game (but bizarrely not for all of it, e.g. Sandgem Town) rather than the Platinum one. Especially when it comes to the Battle Zone: the new tileset they used in Platinum gave that area such a distinct and exotic vibe. Now, almost 15 years later, we actually get to experience Sinnoh in HD, but someone decided to once again give the Battle Zone the exact same boring look as the rest of Sinnoh, despite NPC dialogue always pointing out how different the Battle Zone is from mainland Sinnoh, that the climate is different, and even suggesting it's not part of the Sinnoh region at all.

Would you expect a Let’s Go Hoenn to include the Battle Frontier? That game was made to be easier.

Interviews for ORAS made it pretty clear they left out the Frontier because they didn’t think people would want it, not because they intended on adding it in a game a decade later. And Pokemon references its existing characters all the time- that’s just continuity and worldbuilding, not telling players “Sure, we left this out, but give us another ten years and we’ll make another game with it!”
I didn't say it had to be a lets go styled game to be a 3rd version remake. Anyway it could be that they really don't want to do BFs anymore but if they ever do intend to remake 3rd versions and the emerald remake doesn't have the BF I give full permission to riot, I'll join in even lol.

Outside of HGSS having crystal content (and even then hgss is largely an exception) we do have evidence that they are remaking 3rd versions... Lets go pikachu is a yellow remake (especially since the Japanese name for yellow is special pikachu edition) and or as hints an awful lot at emerald events like it could be a sequel, Steven giving wallace the champion title is hinted at, the BF being build is hinted at, several BF brains are name dropped and Juan is name dropped by lisia.
Sorry to derail this but I just realized that this is the 493rd post in this thread about a Sinnoh game and it was written by Fairy Type Arceus which I think is a really cool coincidence.

Also I wanted to ask (again, since I'm not sure if the question was overseen or there was no one able to answer it) if it is possible to hide the Poketch or if it's displayed the whole time after receiving it.

At the same time, it doesn't seem that Legends will touch upon the original Canalave lore outside of the basic creation myth.

These two don't make me think of Hisui. Villages? Pokemon and humans bring indistinguishable?
Well, I wasn't asking for hints so much as an acknowledgement that the region used to be called Hisui and had Pokemon that have since disappeared, and maybe something about the wardens inspiring gym leaders while Cyrus and Rowan got some ideas from their ancestors.
I know right? Both of those things, from the lack of acknowledgment to the region formerly being known as Hisui to the Sinnoh myths not lining up with what we see in Legends: Arceus is really bizarre. However, I can see Sinnoh Folk Stories 2 and 3 being handwaved as been written at a time before/about a time period before Pokémon and humans became separate entities.

Faithfulness aside, I think that having the Sinnoh folk tales unchanged within BDSP, as well as the fact that they are still called Sinnoh folk stories despite us being told that the region was once called Hisui in the past, has some interesting implications. Either:
  1. The folk stories don't originate from the Hisui, but were rather imported by the founders of Sinnoh.
  2. The name Hisui wasn't created by the natives, but rather the settlers.
The first one I highly doubt to the be true. Not only would this imply that the whole mythology was imported and just so happened to be somewhat accurate with the local legendaries, but it could also just as easily imply that the Dialga and Palkia tribes were influenced by outsiders when the colonization should theoretically be too early for them to adopt foreign culture.

However, I think the second one could have quite a bit of merit. While the occupation of real-world Hokkaido had the native Ainu people adopt the culture of their colonizers, perhaps the opposite happened in the Pokémon world in regards to Sinnoh. Basically, what I'm saying is that Hisui could very well be a name given to the region by the settlers, while the natives have always known their land by the name of Sinnoh. Any mention of Hisui by either the Dialga or Palkia tribe could just be to placate the Galaxy Team.

Should the latter be true, I imagine part of the plot of Legends: Arceus could be having us not only (re)introduce the concept of Pokémon and human lives, but also convince the colonizers that they need to live in harmony with what the region and its culture has to offer instead of forcefully changing it to something they would be more comfortable with. It would help justify the issue of BDSP not calling the region Hisui beyond laziness or faithfulness, as the name Hisui wouldn't actually be part of the region's native culture!

Also I wanted to ask (again, since I'm not sure if the question was overseen or there was no one able to answer it) if it is possible to hide the Poketch or if it's displayed the whole time after receiving it.
Yes, you have the option of both hiding it and adjusting its size.

I know right? Both of those things, from the lack of acknowledgment to the region formerly being known as Hisui to the Sinnoh myths not lining up with what we see in Legends: Arceus is really bizarre. However, I can see Sinnoh Folk Stories 2 and 3 being handwaved as been written at a time before/about a time period before Pokémon and humans became separate entities.

Faithfulness aside, I think that having the Sinnoh folk tales unchanged within BDSP, as well as the fact that they are still called Sinnoh folk stories despite us being told that the region was once called Hisui in the past, has some interesting implications. Either:
  1. The folk stories don't originate from the Hisui, but were rather imported by the founders of Sinnoh.
  2. The name Hisui wasn't created by the natives, but rather the settlers.
The first one I highly doubt to the be true. Not only would this imply that the whole mythology was imported and just so happened to be somewhat accurate with the local legendaries, but it could also just as easily imply that the Dialga and Palkia tribes were influenced by outsiders when the colonization should theoretically be too early for them to adopt foreign culture.

However, I think the second one could have quite a bit of merit. While the occupation of real-world Hokkaido had the native Ainu people adopt the culture of their colonizers, perhaps the opposite happened in the Pokémon world in regards to Sinnoh. Basically, what I'm saying is that Hisui could very well be a name given to the region by the settlers, while the natives have always known their land by the name of Sinnoh. Any mention of Hisui by either the Dialga or Palkia tribe could just be to placate the Galaxy Team.

Should the latter be true, I imagine part of the plot of Legends: Arceus could be having us not only (re)introduce the concept of Pokémon and human lives, but also convince the colonizers that they need to live in harmony with what the region and its culture has to offer instead of forcefully changing it to something they would be more comfortable with. It would help justify the issue of BDSP not calling the region Hisui beyond laziness or faithfulness, as the name Hisui wouldn't actually be part of the region's native culture!

Yes, you have the option of both hiding it and adjusting its size.
Not sure where people get the "myths not lining up" idea, we know people in the region mostly fear pokemon and so the "living separate lives" thing is true. It may not follow all of the myths, but I wouldn't expect it to, because folk tales can simply be folk tales, not based in fact.

Though at the same time, we do have Basculegion to fit the fish one and the Zorua line can illusion itself as people, so there may be some truth to those as well.

Not sure where people get the "myths not lining up" idea, we know people in the region mostly fear pokemon and so the "living separate lives" thing is true. It may not follow all of the myths, but I wouldn't expect it to, because folk tales can simply be folk tales, not based in fact.

Though at the same time, we do have Basculegion to fit the fish one and the Zorua line can illusion itself as people, so there may be some truth to those as well.
I'm less hung up about the folk tales themselves and more so the fact that they're called Sinnoh Folk Tales instead of Hisui Folk Tales, hence the majority of my post.

Sorry to derail this but I just realized that this is the 493rd post in this thread about a Sinnoh game and it was written by Fairy Type Arceus which I think is a really cool coincidence.

To answer your question: Yes, you can hide the Poketch at any time, so it won't clutter up the screen when you don't want it.

You know, I've been watching some of the leaked video clips and I actually don't mind the unfinished music. I'd be quite happy having that as the soundtrack if I ever lost access to the patch data. The trainer battle theme is a bit dodgy but the rest are fine - the Gym Leader/Elite Four themes actually sound quite good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's only the battle themes that are being patched? It sounds as if the overworld themes are already finished.

I've heard that you can't fish, or catch Drifloon at the Valley Windworks, in the unpatched game, which kind of sucks if true. But apart from those things, and Ramanas Park in the postgame, there isn't really an awful lot missing from the unpatched game - it certainly isn't unplayable.

I think Game Freak/ILCA needs to stop with the "faithful" approach. I mean its ridiculous when you're so intent on making it so faithful that a Pokemon that has an evolution in another generatoion can't evolve into that Pokemon for sake of faithfulness. Its ridiculous that Eevee can't evolve into Sylveon in BDSP.
Sylveon was in Rescue Team DX even.

Really bummed I can't enter a Sylveon into contests. I was looking forward to it for months.

Exactly, and this was something ORAS and HGSS had no problem with. Even FRLG allowed new evos and mons in post Elite Four.
But nope, not BDSP. Its just a reskin of the original DP and very little else.

You've now got the laughable situation of the Gen 3 remakes having more pokemon available, about 720, than the Gen 4 remakes.
Even LGPE which was limited to 151, gave Sylveon a reference with Sparkly Swirl and those were Gen 1 remakes.

Exactly, and this was something ORAS and HGSS had no problem with. Even FRLG allowed new evos and mons in post Elite Four.
But nope, not BDSP. Its just a reskin of the original DP and very little else.

You've now got the laughable situation of the Gen 3 remakes having more pokemon available, about 720, than the Gen 4 remakes.
Even LGPE which was limited to 151, gave Sylveon a reference with Sparkly Swirl and those were Gen 1 remakes.
Did the baby name moves really make up for not having over half of the eeveelutions, though?

I'm pretty over the dex cuts after Dexit now. The total of pokemon has gotten too big to keep updating every one of them for every game, so they had to draw a line and using the original games' dex is just an easy line to draw. Leaves much to be desired, but it's not unreasonable.

I didn't say it had to be a lets go styled game to be a 3rd version remake.
I never said you did. My point is that Let’s Go-style remakes are the only thing we’ve seen Game Freak interested in for remaking third versions. Any alternative is just speculation based on what we’d like- and at that point, why not imagine third version features included in the first remakes instead of a better game almost a decade later?
Anyway it could be that they really don't want to do BFs anymore but if they ever do intend to remake 3rd versions and the emerald remake doesn't have the BF I give full permission to riot, I'll join in even lol.
Suppose they skipped Crystal and did an Emerald remake next year- that’s still eight years between games. Someone could have picked up ORAS as a pre-teen and be starting college by the time this Emerald remake came out. That’s just not a reasonable plan for saving features, especially for a franchise aimed at children.

It is Sinnoh folk tales, though. They just changed the name of the region, they didn't abandon their stories and culture.
Yes, they did. Pokemon being indistinguishable from people is quite a bit different than being more separate than they are now. Plus, who would have thought that those people lived in tents rather than villages? Celestic Town didn't exist around 150 years ago?

Yes, they did. Pokemon being indistinguishable from people is quite a bit different than being more separate than they are now. Plus, who would have thought that those people lived in tents rather than villages? Celestic Town didn't exist around 150 years ago?
I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

The folk tales don't have to be based in any fact because they're folk tales. The fact that they're called Sinnoh folk tales is because Sinnoh inherited them- things don't suddenly become not yours just because you changed your name. So using that name choice as an example of Legends not lining up doesn't hold any water.

Also with Zorua in the region, much of the "couldn't tell people and pokemon apart" bits have a plausible explanation.

Oh, so you think that myth is based on a time where practically all the Pokemon were Zorua? Too bad that it isn't even native to the region.

These Zorua migrated to the Hisui region after being driven from other lands by humans, who shunned the Pokémon for manifesting uncanny illusions. But the Zorua perished, unable to survive the harsh Hisuian environment and strife with other Pokémon. Their lingering souls were reborn in this Ghost-type form through the power of their malice toward humans and Pokémon.

Yes, that makes me think that after it had been driven out, died and become vindictive, it decided to play house with people in Hisui (in tents!) and they never noticed. That's so strongly supported by its reveal video.

Last edited:
Oh, so yo think that myth is based on a time where practically all the Pokemon were Zorua? Too bad that it isn't even native to the region.

Yes, that makes me think that after it was driven out and became vindictive, it decided to play hose with people in Hisui and they never noticed. That's so strongly supported by its reveal video.
No, I think the folk tales are just stories with no factual basis whatsoever and if they stemmed from anything, it may have been Zorua, but wildly twisted from the truth like real life folk tales often are, if they weren't just made up entirely.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom