• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify paying and... it's back.

This brings me back in the worst way, like anti-nostalgia. Really glad now that I'm not tempted to play these.

This! They've found a unique way to remove all the benefits and remedies that Platinum introduced, while recreating many of the downsides in DP that have long since been removed.

Most people look back on the past more fondly than it actually was, this is the opposite, it's sending you back in time and making it worse than it was!

I am sad that Eevee is locked behind the postgame because I was really banking on being able to use Empoleon and Glaceon, my two favorite Pokemon, through the game. Guess I'll be using Weavile instead and picking up Eevee right after I beat the game.

....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify paying and... it's back.

This brings me back in the worst way, like anti-nostalgia. Really glad now that I'm not tempted to play these.
You didn't need 32 friends. You just needed to exit and talk to one 32 times.

I'm not sure which one is worse...

Spiritomb can be caught at the Hallowed Tower in Route 209 after placing the Odd Keystone at the tower and talking to 32 real players in the Grand Underground. Take note that NPCs found underground do not count.

Source:

Edit: Switch online required (which kinda messes up my plans)
I thought I heard that npcs counted as talking to people, but I could be wrong.

I just learned that you can catch Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup in the Underground, meaning that you can get all three of them in one game without trading. How amazing is that? I think you might need to have the National Dex before they start appearing, though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom