• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least Favorite Abilities...

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
...as well as any possible tips on how to handle them. To start off:

Flash Fire: Who in their right minds would hit a Fire-type Pokemon with a Fire-type move?
Sturdy: 1-hit KO moves are generally effective against lower-level opponents; not so much higher-level, in which they're constantly missing

Truant and Slow Start, Game Freak could have been more discerning when trying to nerf Slaking and Regigigas respectively. Furthermore, the colossal legendary Regi certainly doesn't deserve such a punishing ability.

Last edited:
For Truant in particular, I honestly think it's a bit... extreme? Like, they could easily have made it, like, the mon with the ability can hit through things like Protect, which gives it an easy explanation/handwave for the drawback (the mon's attacking at its full power, syo it has to recharge every other turn). But nyo, it just makes a mon that's totally walled by anything with a protecting move.
And for Slow Start, it could be, like, any super-effective move that doesn't OHKO immediately snaps the mon out of its effect? Which would incentivise players to nyot just spam super-effective moves on it. (And would alsyo probably make for a decent strategy in Doubles of using an otherwise weak move that's super-effective to immediately snap your ally out of it.)
Idk what to do to buff Klutz though.

see, i absolutely get where klutz complaints r coming from especially in like casual playthroughs
but tbh i do think it has a pretty neat niche when paired with switcheroo
that way u can pass stuff like toxic/flame orbs onto your opponents without fear of your own mon getting poisoned or burned
though its usefulness ends there really

my hot take is that the more i see the ability "pressure" on a rare pokemon, the more i tire of seeing it, because i feel like that ability likely could've been replaced by something more creative. it feels like such a generic fill-in ability for rare/legendary pokemon if you have nothing else for them to have, and not even all of them would even serve good roles in pressure stalling. @_@

I dislike every grass type ability which activates through the sunny day (chlorophyll, leaf guard, etc...): freaking flamethrower and freaking fire blast say hi...!
Just make them work with grassy terrain instead of sunny day, now... or give the ability a secondary effect which makes these Pokémon resist fire type by one stage.

Back
Top Bottom