• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favorite Elite Four member

Will is basically the most boring, personality-less stand-in for a character among them, so probably him.

Will is basically the most boring, personality-less stand-in for a character among them, so probably him.
Doesn't help Will looks so similar to Lorelei in the 8-bit graphics.

I Hate Malva; Because She's a Villainous member of Team Flare; and she wants to Kill the Player for Defeating Team Flare; with Open Animosity and the fact SHE GETS AWAY With her Crimes for Team Flare; SHE'S THE ONE I HATE MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER ELITE 4 MEMBERS!!!!!!!

Malva, hands down. Not only is she part of the villainous team (a first for the series), but she has the worst personality and attitude of them all. While the E4 in Kalos was bland to begin with, Malva was just someone I LOVED beating up in battle because she deserved the beatings. Honestly, I would've loved to see her pay a price for aligning herself with Team Flare, but she still holds her position as an E4 member without consequence. She wants to burn me up for saving Kalos and thousands of lives? Fine, but not after I completely obliterate you first for working with the fashion-challenged loonies and their murderous lion mane-haired leader.

Personally, the fact that Malva even is somewhat of a character scores a lot of points with me. Obviously they're never going to do much with the Elite Four as characters, so I think you kind of have to take what you can get on that front, but I would still much rather have somebody who is evil-but-interesting as opposed to somebody who is completely zero-dimensional like Will. In terms of character writing, boring me is a far more treacherous crime than actually being a criminal. Give me Malva any day.

Personally, the fact that Malva even is somewhat of a character scores a lot of points with me. Obviously they're never going to do much with the Elite Four as characters, so I think you kind of have to take what you can get on that front, but I would still much rather have somebody who is evil-but-interesting as opposed to somebody who is completely zero-dimensional like Will. In terms of character writing, boring me is a far more treacherous crime than actually being a criminal. Give me Malva any day.

I get your argument. I mean, I want the Elite Four to be more than just warm bodies before you fight the Champion.

However, somebody like Malva is not an interesting character because, from a logic standpoint, if she's a member of a criminal group, then technically, should she be disqualified from her post due to conduct unbecoming of a member of the Pokemon League? If anything, you'd get somebody different in the Elite Four when you go for a rematch, which means you'll have to prepare for another type master with no prior knowledge.

However, somebody like Malva is not an interesting character because, from a logic standpoint, if she's a member of a criminal group, then technically, should she be disqualified from her post due to conduct unbecoming of a member of the Pokemon League?

Presumably, retaining her position was part of the agreement that she worked out with Looker in exchange for helping him catch Xerosic.

I think I'm going to say Will is my least favorite too. I don't hate him, he just isn't very interesting to me.

Also when I played Platinum for the first time, I didn't like Bertha. My two strongest Pokemon (Infernape and Luxray) were weak to ground and no one on my team resisted it, so she gave me a lot of trouble. Now I actually kind of like that she uses ground types because it's unique for an elite four member.

Malva, hands down. Not only is she part of the villainous team (a first for the series), but she has the worst personality and attitude of them all. While the E4 in Kalos was bland to begin with, Malva was just someone I LOVED beating up in battle because she deserved the beatings. Honestly, I would've loved to see her pay a price for aligning herself with Team Flare, but she still holds her position as an E4 member without consequence. She wants to burn me up for saving Kalos and thousands of lives? Fine, but not after I completely obliterate you first for working with the fashion-challenged loonies and their murderous lion mane-haired leader.
I Agree, She gets AWAY With it Scott-free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved Malva, probably my favorite tbh. Actually had a personality which I enjoyed heavily.

Anyway, my least favorite is Glacia. Barely remember that she exists and like most of the Hoenn E4 she's incredibly bland. Only reason that she surpasses them is that at least the others have somewhat interesting designs.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom