• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

LEAST favorite pokemon of each type?

Normal: Watchog (Watchog literally scares me never liked it)
Fire: I guess Fuecoco (Never liked it tbh)
Water: Magikarp (My obvious pick it's super weak and I only catch Magikarp while fishing in the original game catch a Feebas instead)
Grass: Capsakid (It's not getting anywhere for me. Why does it look so angry? And why does it evolve into a Grass/Fire type that I like?)
Electric: Pikachu JK Tadbulb (It looks atrocious and it literally looks ugly)
Dragon: Goomy (For obvious reasons it's just awful)
Ground: Ting-Lu (Just hate)
Rock: I don't have one but if I had to pick them i would pick Geodude
Ice: Cryogonal (It looks so stupid)
Steel: Pawniard (Cute I guess but I never actually liked it)
Poison: Shroodle (It refuses to do moves or at least my Shroodle did. WTF IS UP WITH THAT?)
Fighting: I don't have one but I guess Hariyama is my worst
Bug: Almost all of them but I say Scatterbug there is honestly not much to like about it
Flying: Tornadus (Idk I just hate the Unova Flying legendaries)
Psychic: Flittle (It's stupid and looks dumb)
Dark: M*rkrow
Ghost: Gholdengo
Fairy: Idk

Last edited:
I want to preface this list by first clarifying that with one, possibly two exceptions, I don't actually dislike any of the Pokemon in this list, and many of these only earn the title of "least favorite" of their respective types literally by process of elimination and no other reason, but others may have some other trait that bothers me to an extent.

Normal- Watchog. A very cliche choice, but I always found Watchog annoying to fight in the BW games while simultaneusly never finding it useful whenever I tried it out myself, so I admittedly just don't have a lot of good experiences with it.
Fire- Coalossoal. On its own merits this one's actually fine. I just don't like how it completely does away with the design elements that made its pre-evolutions unique and interesting.
Water- Phione. This one takes last place among the Water-types for adding to Gen 4's needless Legendary/Mythical bloat while not being strong or even that interesting. If Phione had been more like Carbink; a non-Legendary/Mythical that still has a connection to one it might have been okay, though.
Grass AND Bug- Plant Cloak Wormadam. This is one of those that only makes the list because everything else on each of its respective types simply overshadows it hard in my eyes; even the other Wormadam forms at least have more unique type combos that make them slightly more memorable.
Electric- Pawmo. I have seen a lot of people complaining about the Pawmi line and calling it "bland", and while I personally do like it for finally breaking the unevolving Pikaclone curse, I do have to agree that it doesn't do that good a job of making each of its stages stand out from each other, but I'd argue that it's mainly due the presence of Pawmo; if Pawmi evolved into Pawmot directly I think everyone would appreciate this line a lot more, since those two are similar yet different enough to each other to be seen as direct evolutionary relatives. Pawmo, on the other hand, is haphazardly sandwiched into a line that honestly didn't need three stages. I get that they wanted Gholdengo to be Pokemon #1000, but instead of bloating the Pawmi line they could have given an evolved form to some other Gen 9 Pokemon, such as...
Flying- Sqwawkabilly. ...Yeah, with how many Normal/Flying birds this franchise has, this poor parrot simply never stood a chance. It really needs an evolution to stand out from the crowd or at the very least not get overshadowed so hard.
Ground AND Ghost- Runerigus. Mostly just because we still don't have a Ghost/Rock-type and this mon really should have been it. Its ridiculous evolution method doesn't help it, either.
Ice AND Psychic- Jynx. Probably the most cliche choice of them all, and the only Pokemon on this list besides maybe Watchog that I actually truly dislike. Call me basic and boring, but yeah. Even if you look past all the unfortunate implications of Jynx's original design, to me the mon itself still feels way too much like a cartoony human in design rather than a humanesque monster, and that just makes me uncomfortable
Rock- Alolan Golem. For pretty much all the same reason that everyone who has added it to their least favorites list has already said.
Poison- Toxel. Something about its face just bothers me, idk...
Fighting- Sawk. Much like Jynx, Sawk is dangerously close to crossing the uncomfortable "basically just a technicolor human" threshold, but it gets saved by the fact that it also looks kinda like a Muppet and that's hilarious.
Dragon AND Steel- Archaludon. This one's kind of odd because it's not really the Pokemon itself that I have a problem with or even its design, but rather the fact that of all the Gen 8 Pokemon that could have gotten an evolutionary upgrade, GameFreak chose to give it to Duraludon, a genuinely strong Pokemon whose BST was already a whopping 535 (which mind you, is slightly higher than that of almost all of the fully evolved Starters) instead of picking something truly underpowered that could've actually used a boost such as Dubwool, Thievul, or Drednaw; all of whom by contrast have BSTs that don't even break into the 500s.
Dark- Purrloin. This is another case where the Pokemon only makes the list because everything else of the type overshadows it, because I actually like Purrloin quite a bit, just not as much as basically every other Dark-type. Though I guess it doesn't help that its 3D models changed its cute kitty-sitting-down pose to randomly standing on two legs because apparently the devs really wanted Purrloin to be the next Meowth I guess? I have no idea what the logic was, but it's very weird to me and I'm not really a fan of that.
Fairy- Aromatisse. I'll fully admit to this one just being me being 100% petty, but I was just so, so looking forward to a cool and eriee Plague Doctor Pokemon when I saw Spritzee... only for it to turn into that. Yes, I'm aware that it's not Aromatisse's fault that I set myself up for disappointment, but man, I hope that if Legends Z-A introduces new Mega Evolutions and give some of them to Gen 6 mons, Aromatisse gets one that redeems it.

Last edited:
I want to preface this list by first clarifying that with one, possibly two exceptions, I don't actually dislike any of the Pokemon in this list, and many of these only earn the title of "least favorite" of their respective types literally by process of elimination and no other reason, but others may have some other trait that bothers me to an extent.

Normal- Watchog. A very cliche choice, but I always found Watchog annoying to fight in the BW games while simultaneusly never finding it useful whenever I tried it out myself, so I admittedly just don't have a lot of good experiences with it.
Fire- Coalossoal. On its own merits this one's actually fine. I just don't like how it completely does away with the design elements that made its pre-evolutions unique and interesting.
Water- Phione. This one takes last place among the Water-types for adding to Gen 4's needless Legendary/Mythical bloat while not being strong or even that interesting. If Phione had been more like Carbink; a non-Legendary/Mythical that still has a connection to one it might have been okay, though.
Grass AND Bug- Plant Cloak Wormadam. This is one of those that only makes the list because everything else on each of its respective types simply overshadows it hard in my eyes; even the other Wormadam forms at least have more unique type combos that make them slightly more memorable.
Electric- Pawmo. I have seen a lot of people complaining about the Pawmi line and calling it "bland", and while I personally do like it for finally breaking the unevolving Pikaclone curse, I do have to agree that it doesn't do that good a job of making each of its stages stand out from each other, but I'd argue that it's mainly due the presence of Pawmo; if Pawmi evolved into Pawmot directly I think everyone would appreciate this line a lot more, since those two are similar yet different enough to each other to be seen as direct evolutionary relatives. Pawmo, on the other hand, is haphazardly sandwiched into a line that honestly didn't need three stages. I get that they wanted Gholdengo to be Pokemon #1000, but instead of bloating the Pawmi line they could have given an evolved form to some other Gen 9 Pokemon, such as...
Flying- Sqwawkabilly. ...Yeah, with how many Normal/Flying birds this franchise has, this poor parrot simply never stood a chance. It really needs an evolution to stand out from the crowd or at the very least not get overshadowed so hard.
Ground AND Ghost- Runerigus. (mostly just because we still don't have a Ghost/Rock-type and this mon really should have been it. Its ridiculous evolution method doesn't help it, either)
Ice AND Psychic- Jynx. (probably the most cliche choice of them all, and the only Pokemon on this list besides maybe Watchog that I actually truly dislike. Call me basic and boring, but yeah. Even if you look past all the unfortunate implications of Jynx's original design, to me the mon itself still feels way too much like a cartoony human in design rather than a humanesque monster, and that just makes me uncomfortable)
Rock- Alolan Golem. For pretty much all the same reason that everyone who has added it to their least favorites list has already said.
Poison- Toxel. Something about its face just bothers me, idk...
Fighting- Sawk. Much like Jynx, Sawk is dangerously close to crossing the uncomfortable "basically just a technicolor human" threshold, but it gets saved by the fact that it also looks kinda like a Muppet and that's hilarious)
Dragon AND Steel- Archaludon. This one's kind of odd because it's not really the Pokemon itself that I have a problem with or even its design, but rather the fact that of all the Gen 8 Pokemon that could have gotten an evolutionary upgrade, GameFreak chose to give it to Duraludon, a genuinely strong Pokemon whose BST was already a whopping 535 (which mind you, is slightly higher than that of almost all of the fully evolved Starters) instead of picking something truly underpowered that could've actually used a boost such as Dubwool, Thievul, or Drednaw; all of whom by contrast have BSTs that don't even break into the 500s.
Dark- Purrloin. This is another case where the Pokemon only makes the list because everything else of the type overshadows it, because I actually like Purrloin quite a bit, just not as much as basically every other Dark-type. Though I guess it doesn't help that its 3D models changed its cute kitty-sitting-down pose to randomly standing on two legs because apparently the devs really wanted Purrloin to be the next Meowth I guess? I have no idea what the logic was, but it's very weird to me and I'm not really a fan of that.
Fairy- Aromatisse. I'll fully admit to this one just being me being 100% petty, but I was just so, so looking forward to a cool and eriee Plague Doctor Pokemon when I saw Spritzee... only for it to turn into that. Yes, I'm aware that it's not Aromatisse's fault that I set myself up for disappointment, but man, I hope that if Legends Z-A introduces new Mega Evolutions and give some of them to Gen 6 mons, Aromatisse gets one that redeems it.
I disagree with Phione I love Phione and I actually love Pawmo.

I find Squaukabilly, Coallosal and Archaludon meh

But I can agree with the others

I disagree with Phione I love Phione and I actually love Pawmo.

I find Squaukabilly, Coallosal and Archaludon meh

But I can agree with the others
Sorry if I come across as rude, but did you not read the preface? There I made it clear that outside of Jynx and maybe Watchog, I don't actually dislike most of these Pokemon, I just like everything else of their types more, so my case is less "least favorites" and more "which ones I happen to like less than the others".

Sorry if I come across as rude, but did you not read the preface? There I made it clear that outside of Jynx and maybe Watchog, I don't actually dislike most of these Pokemon, I just like everything else of their types more, so my case is less "least favorites" and more "which ones I happen to like less than the others".
Oops sorry

Oh boy here I go~ (If the name is in bold I actually dislike the pokemon. Otherwise they are just not high on my like list.)

Normal: Slaking. Loathe hate detest ugh why. This freaking lazy ugly gorilla just came out of nowhere and decided it's the last stage in a line of sloths that were really cute. Slakoth was lazy in a cute sloth way. Slaking is just one of those guys that sits on his ass eating a bag of cheese puffs and telling you how you're doing everything wrong but won't do anything himself. Plus I hate lazy oaf characters that pick their nose (gen IV sprites).

Fighting: Okidogi. Cuz he's a brat.

Flying: Chatot. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Jerk bird.

Poison: Pecharunt. Motions dramatically at Kitakami.

Ground: Groudon. Sorry ground Godzilla, I'm team Aqua.

Rock: Nihilego. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS A ROCK TYPE???

Bug: Karrablast/Shelmet. Both of them are cute and their evolutions are cool but ugh the evolution method is ANNOYING.

Ghost: Rotom. Because Rotomdex.

Steel: Meltan/Melmetal. It's a Mythical pokemon so it's already got annoying status symbol energy for me. It came from pokemon Go. It can only evolve in Go. WHY DOES THIS 'ANCIENT' POKEMON HAVE A MODERN WIRE FOR A TAIL. Also, Ash used it when he finally 'won' a league and I'm still salty about that win, so I'm salty about his team too. No, I will not elaborate further right now.

Fire: Volcanion. I don't like how it looks.

Water: Greninja. Ash's. That's why.

Grass: Uh. Uhhhh. Hisuian Lilligant looks weird I guess? Give the poor girl some pants!

Electric: EELEKTROSS. Frickin levitate. Most other pokemon have the decency to have other weaknesses. But not this one oh no not this one.

Psychic: Unown. Pokes with a stick. C'mon.. do something!

Ice: Glastrier. You could look so much cooler my dude.

Dragon: Druddigon. I think it'd look better with a differnt color scheme.

Dark: Malamar. Because it's annoying to evolve an Inkay.

Fairy: Mimikyu. Disguise. Ugh.

Oh boy here I go~ (If the name is in bold I actually dislike the pokemon. Otherwise they are just not high on my like list.)

Normal: Slaking. Loathe hate detest ugh why. This freaking lazy ugly gorilla just came out of nowhere and decided it's the last stage in a line of sloths that were really cute. Slakoth was lazy in a cute sloth way. Slaking is just one of those guys that sits on his ass eating a bag of cheese puffs and telling you how you're doing everything wrong but won't do anything himself. Plus I hate lazy oaf characters that pick their nose (gen IV sprites).

Fighting: Okidogi. Cuz he's a brat.

Flying: Chatot. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Jerk bird.

Poison: Pecharunt. Motions dramatically at Kitakami.

Ground: Groudon. Sorry ground Godzilla, I'm team Aqua.

Rock: Nihilego. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS A ROCK TYPE???

Bug: Karrablast/Shelmet. Both of them are cute and their evolutions are cool but ugh the evolution method is ANNOYING.

Ghost: Rotom. Because Rotomdex.

Steel: Meltan/Melmetal. It's a Mythical pokemon so it's already got annoying status symbol energy for me. It came from pokemon Go. It can only evolve in Go. WHY DOES THIS 'ANCIENT' POKEMON HAVE A MODERN WIRE FOR A TAIL. Also, Ash used it when he finally 'won' a league and I'm still salty about that win, so I'm salty about his team too. No, I will not elaborate further right now.

Fire: Volcanion. I don't like how it looks.

Water: Greninja. Ash's. That's why.

Grass: Uh. Uhhhh. Hisuian Lilligant looks weird I guess? Give the poor girl some pants!

Electric: EELEKTROSS. Frickin levitate. Most other pokemon have the decency to have other weaknesses. But not this one oh no not this one.

Psychic: Unown. Pokes with a stick. C'mon.. do something!

Ice: Glastrier. You could look so much cooler my dude.

Dragon: Druddigon. I think it'd look better with a differnt color scheme.

Dark: Malamar. Because it's annoying to evolve an Inkay.

Fairy: Mimikyu. Disguise. Ugh.
I respect your opinion on Hisuian Lilligant, Greninja and Mimikyu I like all three

Normal: Audino. Chansey but over designed and ugly, didn’t need a mega.
Fighting: Pignite is an easy choice for a reason
Flying: Ledian is kinda boring, especially compared to other bug-flyings
Poison: most are pretty good, but both nidorina and nidorito are too similar too their pre evolutions for my liking
Ground: again, most are good, but I guess diggersby?
Rock: maybe boldore?
Bug: volbeat: just why. One boring lighting bug was enough!
Ghost: maybe shuppet?!??
Steel: lucario blech
Fire: still pignite
Water: phione is very much a Pokemon that exists
Grass: Zarude is just… there. I have no idea what it’s purpose is.
Electric: zeraora, Same as the above two
Psychic: I don’t like most of them but I guess… xatu?
Ice: Glastrier. It’s just a frozen, emotionless horse.
Dragon: I normally wouldn’t do this, but G-Max Appletun is so infuriating.
Dark: uhhh I guess liepard
Fairy: I hate cleffa with a burning passion. So that yeah.

Normal: Blissey. stupid pink blob that wont die
Fighting: Both Urshifus. Who though it was a good idea to let it break protect?
Flying: Tornadus Therian. Gross man faced bird
Poison: Eternautus. It just doesn't need to exist
Ground: Palpitoad. Its an armless warty tadpole thing. Get it out of my sight
Rock: I actually like all of them. I guess Klawfs cry is pretty annoying though, so ill go with that
Bug: Rellor. I just hate its face
Ghost: Gholdengo
Steel: Jirachi. Swampert flinched. Swampert was fully paralyzed, Swampert flinched. CatExe has forfeit
Fire: Magmar. Everything about is just... off
Water: Bruxish. why is it looking at me like that
Grass: Zarude. I didn't even know this thing existed until last week
Electric: Zeraora. Great Value Lucario
Psychic: Smoochum.
Ice: Delibird. Its just kinda depressing
Dragon: Frigibax. its just an egg, and not in the cute way like shelgon
Dark: Thievul. just really disapointing evolution
Fairy: Aromatisse. for the generation that introduced fairies, kalos really only had one good one

Normal: Fearow. Bad design, that stupid issue with flying types being given the normal type, and let's not forget that this demon bird made me lose a bagon in a Pokemon moon nuzlocke.
Easily my least favorite Pokemon
Fire: Simisear. Just looks stupid
Water: Pelipper. Way too frequent and annoying in alola
Grass: Cherubi. Basically impossible to find in legends Arceus
Bug: Combee. Wow a Pokemon that is only useful 1/8th of the time, how helpful...
Flying. Bombirdier. I wish it utilized more of the concept, it has a lot of untapped potential. Probably should get a signature move at least.
Fighting: Sawk. Way too boring of a design
Rock: Carbink. It's connection to diance is the only memorable thing about it
Ground: Landorus. For a Pokemon based on a androgynous figure from ancient Japanese folklore, it's weirdly a hulking abomination of a design
Electric: Pawmo. Too similar to both Pawmi and pawmot and it throws the progression of the whole line off
Poison: Zubat. We need more variety in cave Pokemon
Psychic: unown. Utterly worthless missed potential
Ghost: Misdreavus. Really uninteresting
Ice: Cryogonal. What an original design...
Dragon: Mega garchomp. I can't take it seriously at all
Dark: Alolan Persian. The poster child of obnoxious friendship evolutions
Steel: Beldum. The most infuriating Pokemon to catch they've ever made
Enamorus. I don't understand why this Pokemon exists and it's almost uncomfortable to look at

Back
Top Bottom