• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favorite starter?

Least favorite starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Charmander

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 31 19.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • Totodile

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Treecko

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 37 22.8%
  • Snivy

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 48 29.6%

• Total voters
My least favorite was Chikorita. Maybe it was because I thought the other 2 were so awesome. idk. Just any of my 4 playthroughs I could never bring myself to chose Chikorita.

Before it was the Tepig family, but now it's the Chespin and Fennekin families. Chepsin and Fennekin themselves look great, but I'm not a fan of their evolutions.

Hm, maybe Turtwig, Tepig, or Froakie. I typically go with the water starters because they're adorable, but I'm not a huge fan of the kind of design GameFreak was going with with Froakie.

Honestly it's Turtwig. I'm on my first playthrough of Platinum and I thought Turtwig seemed like it'd be a good choice for a starter. I was wrong and it's the first starter I've ever put in the box. I don't find Charizard very useful but at least Charmeleon & Charmander were good.

A lot of Turtwig hate, I loved the story behind his Evos and getting a beast with Earthquake so early on was very handy. Not sure i'd have used him post-game but thats the same with most starters!

Charmander. Not really because of lack of design or power, but just because it's so overrated.

When it comes to design, I'm actually really fond of all of the starters. Cute and impressive at the same time!

What's your least favorite starter? Although I like Pikachu (doesn't everyone?), he doesn't really cut it as a starter. Why? You thought it was hard to beat Brock with Charmander? Apparently, Gamefreak FORGOT that all Gen 1 Rock-types were Ground-types, so Pokemon Yellow had the hardest first gym of all time. And what could you use besides Pikachu at that point in the game? Pidgey? Rattata? Caterpie? Really?

i know this is old buy you could get manky low kick at lvl 6 :p

Snivy Is really boring and I even don't like his personality he's too proud.I never really liked Turtwig and his evolutions are even worse.Same with Chimchar and both his evolutions.I think that all three starters of 4th generation are so boring and weird.I really like Fennekin and Braixen but I don't like Delphox

Tepig is adorable but I absolutely HATE its evolutions. I also hate Chimchar, because monkeys freak me out. I love Torchic, although not it's evolutions, Snivy, Chikorita, Mudkip, but not its evolutions, Turtwig (one of my favorites!) I love Piplup, and Oshawott.

I hate Pikachu so much I started calling it Pikajew, because of this I don't watch the anime, where "Uberchu wins always".

Tepig was fine and cute and all.

Then it evolved. Pignite was ugly, but I was willing to give it a chance, even if it was yet another Fire/Fighting starter.

Then it evolved again. I hurled.

Emboar is one of the worst Pokemon ever, both battle-wise and looks-wise. The only thing I hate more than it is Talonflame, but that's irrelevant. Its so slow and weak defense-wise it will most likely burn out before it can even attack. If it does hit, it will admittedly hit pretty hard, but that is a big if. It's design is just so ugly and generic. It just looks like a flaming, biped pig. And somehow they screwed it up so that it looks hideous.

It doesn't help the developers advertised like it was the next Charizard. Every time the fully-evolved starters were featured, Emboar will be the most prominent. Take the Black 2 and White 2 trailer, for example. It would have been better off had the trailer just shown no starters, but... nope. Nate has an Emboar. The idiot also has an Arcanine, showing that they just shoehorned both in because of popularity. And I believe that in Pokemon Special, Black chose a Tepig (correct me if I'm mistaken). I was so glad when Gen VI started getting announced, mostly because it was finally over. Emboar stopped getting the spotlight.

Emboar is well deserving of the title of worst Gen V Pokemon, and perhaps even the worst Pokemon ever.

^Talonflame is pretty annoying in OU TBH, but not as annoying as that stupid yellow rat. And Emboar? I mean, the worst bacon ever!

Tepig- Looks awful
Generally bad movepool
Fire/Fighting again

Piplup's evolutions are hideous. Tepig and Pignite are equally hideous but Emboar is cool.

Chikorita, simply because Gen II is the Gen that I played for the first time ever, and being a young lad, you make the crucial mistake of overlevelling and over-reliance on your starter. And considering what the first two Gyms of Johto were, and what Chikorita's type is, I'm sure you can put the two and two together.

My least favorite starter is the Pikachu in Yellow. I don't hate it, but I hate that you don't have the option to evolve it. If you could just evolve Pikachu, it would probably be an okay starter, but since you can't, it isn't very useful once you get about halfway through the game.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom