• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favourite Baby Pokémon?

What is your least favourite Baby Pokémon?

• Pichu

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Togepi

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Elekid

• Magby

• Azurill

• Wynaut

• Budew

• Chingling

• Bonsly

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mime Jr

• Happiny

• Munchlax

• Riolu

• Mantyke

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Simple question. What is your least favourite Baby Pokémon?

My least favourites would have to be Togepi - it just looks annoying, and Happiny - because it's pointless IMHO.

Igglybuff, it is incredibly creepy-looking. That being said, the only Baby Pokemon I slightly like are Riolu, Magby and Mime Jr.

This was a ridiculously tough call to make but I went with Munchlax because, oh my goodness, getting one in the Sinnoh games was such a massive pain. I've been playing Pokémon games for well over ten years now and when it comes to captures, only Beldum's given me more grief than Munchlax...

I don't like Pichu. I just think it was super unnecessary, and if I see ONE MORE in that gosh darn TROPHY GARDEN...

Looking at the list again I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a mon in the bunch that I had outright contempt for. Narrowed it down to the gen 4 picks pretty quickly, particularly the ones whose designs were more weird and non-Pokemon in my eyes - thus Budew, Chingling, Bonsly and Happiny. In the end, it came down to Chingling being the most unnecessary to me and having the little bell in its mouth too. Bonsly's a close second though because I don't like its eyes especially compared to Sudowoodo's.

Smoochum just looks really creepy to me, gonna have to vote for that one

I feel like they were trying to cover up a previous glaring mistake with that one, but all it did was remind people that said mistake existed in the first place.

I feel like they were trying to cover up a previous glaring mistake with that one, but all it did was remind people that said mistake existed in the first place.
That’s exactly one reason why I dislike Smoochum the most out of the baby Pokémon! That, and it’s just bad itself. Literally a sunburned toddler.

Now, the incense breeding system for all cross-generational baby Pokémon introduced after Gen 2 irks me, because why introduce a “baby” for a Pokémon that will already hatches as a basic stage itself under normal conditions, and not even just outright retcon it to always hatch into the baby? I can at least forgive it for most of those Pokémon for being cute. I don’t know why they made Happiny and Chingling, though. Their designs aren’t that great, and Chingling looks like a really awkward transition to Chimecho, who honestly should’ve gotten to stay a one-stage line. Why were these made?

I’m not particularly a fan of Tyrogue’s design either, but it at least kinda makes sense, isn’t an incense baby, and gave us Hitmontop.

...I think Smoochum's really adorable...
Well that's the beauty of Pokemon. We're all free to like and dislike what we want because with how many of them there are we're all gonna have different opinions.

I strongly dislike Tyrouge. I get it and why it exists, acting as a bridge for the relation between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee (and then Top too of course but as that didn't appear til the same time we got Tyrogue) showing that they look so much alike due to actually being in the same evolutionary family makes sense, but I just never liked the look of it. Especially not in Gen 2, trying to get it to evolve into the Hitmon that I'd specifically want (because 9 year old me didn't know to try to change its stats with items)

My issue with Tyrogue is that it doesn't really feel like it fits in with any of its evolutions. The only thing about it that screams any connection to me is the fact it wears sports tape, and then that only puts it with hitmonlee sort of. Honestly if it had been tan instead of purple it would have fit in just fine as a third martial arts hitmon instead of a pre-evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom