• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Least favourite move?

Moves that cause confusion and moves that raise evasiveness or lower accuracy. Drive me insane.

When my girlfriend used to play pokemon games, she liked to use strategies involving these. I like to brute force everything. Needless to say, I never beat her. Moves that cause those are basically the bane of my existence.

I also really don't like recoil moves. Yeah, sure, they're powerful, but unless you have a way to offset the damage (like with Roost, Recover, etc), then they're too risky for my tastes. Especially if you augment them with either Reckless or Life Orb, then the damage on both ends just gets absurd. I prefer "safer" options, like Flamethrower over Flare Blitz, for example, even if they don't have the same oomph, at least I don't have to worry about KOing myself alongside my opponent in the same turn. That said, I'll use certain recoil-based moves on occasion, if my other options in that type category aren't great with the specific Mon (ie: Staraptor does better with Brave Bird over Fly due to the virtue of the former not being a 2-turn move, and its other Flying move options aren't stellar), but don't think for a second I like using them. Or spam them like the competitive formats like to do, either.

I dislike Leech Life due to the Ultra Sun trial against the Kommo-o, and I dislike Fake Tears because it looks weird and doesn't really do much.

Usually, most moves with below 70% accuracy are those I avoid unless they're backed up by stuff like No Guard or Telekinesis. Anything more than that three in ten chance of missing is too big a gamble for me.

On top of that, I'm really not quite keen on the moves that have recharge turns because it means their base power counts for less in the long term and there's no consumable item to negate it one time. Look at Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon: Powerful moves, but two hits from weaker moves like Energy Ball, Flamethrower, and Scald will outdo them. They simply aren't strong enough to excuse a turn of nothing afterwards.

Usually, most moves with below 70% accuracy are those I avoid unless they're backed up by stuff like No Guard or Telekinesis. Anything more than that three in ten chance of missing is too big a gamble for me.
Agreed, it has been irking me for a long time that the only Special-based Fighting-type move that is widely distributed has such a horrible accuracy and very low PP. I wish it was 100 base power attack with 90 % accuracy, or even with a 100 % accuracy but no added effect (since the 10 % stat reduction chance isn't reliable).

Hyper beam because every time I try to teach my siblings competitive Pokemon they give all their Pokemon hyper beam for some reason and it irritates my so bad.

Confuse Ray
My Pokemon often attacks itself, but when I use it, there are times when the opposing Pokemon will snap out of confusion without any damage.

Will O Wisp
Toxic was buffed by giving it 100 accuracy if used by a Poison type, too bad Will O Wisp didn't receive something similar. I want to use it, but the accuracy is too risky for my liking.

Confuse Ray
My Pokemon often attacks itself, but when I use it, there are times when the opposing Pokemon will snap out of confusion without any damage.

That's all too common for NPCs pull this off, the hackers. And let's not forget their 100% accurate Supersonic. But when we as players use it... good damn luck hitting the mark.

Swagger is annoying when its used against us, I'm sure if we use it it will be opposite

true on Confuse ray above

for me has to be Dark Void
not just the effects, but also ruined my entire online battles experience

(mainly since my opponents relied too much on Dark Void, that when I took down their Darkrai, about 90% rage quit on me)

Scald burns can ruin your day more than any other move, so that gets my vote. They at least nerfed other overbearing moves like Swagger, Stealth Rock, Fake Out, Protect, and even Minimize have been nerfed, directly or indirectly, so why nothing was ever done about this broken move is beyond me. Baton Pass is the other absurdly broken move that never gets nerfed but at least it's banned from the formats I play.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom